Ronin Cooking

Bryan, TX · View map

About Ronin Cooking

Our hope is to share a deeper understanding, appreciation, and connection to our food. Fresh, nutrient dense ingredients are of the utmost importance. We utilize produce from our own garden or from local and organic producers. Supporting Texas farmers, ranchers, and fishermen is an integral part of our system. Our menus reflect what is truly in season.

We serendipitously settled on a 15 acre piece of land. On it, the late Don Ganter’s work – hand built old barns, a workshop, coops, and hutches – and we have revived and repurposed them to give home to our ducks, guinea fowl,
chickens, turkeys, roosters, and roaming heritage breed pigs.
We are content to let nature do what she intends so our practices do not include the use of harmful pesticides or chemicals. We hope to provide you with the benefits of our land and our hard work. Our farm is also a venue and available to you for your ceremony and reception.

Chef Brian is highly trained in traditional French & Japanese technique. A graduate from the University of Houston, Hilton College of Hotel & Restaurant Management, he did not attend culinary school, rather the school of hard knocks. He learned by fire at places such as Aries in Houston, Morimoto in Philidelphia, and Tramonto’s Steak & Seafood / RT Sushi in Chicago. Amanda worked in restaurants in the Austin area before attending school at Texas A&M University.

2 Reviews for Ronin Cooking

2 Ronin Cooking Reviews

M
Monique

Married on 05/07/2016

They take care of everything and you save so much money on flowers and decorations because their venue is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, and it is impossible to not have incredible pictures when you get ... Read more married here. The food is incredible and the setting is stunning and we got more compliments than we ever could have imagined for the amount of effort we put in to decorating, setting up, etc (which was VERY little). Amanda and Brian are AWESOME! You will not regret getting married here!

L
Lindsay

Married on 03/10/2018

What can I say - as soon as we started planning our wedding I knew I had to find a way to have Ronin as our cater. I have enjoyed many dinners on their farm and knew they'd be the perfect match for ... Read more our Rustic Wedding. Luckily they were willing to make the drive from Bryan to Wimberley (2hrs) and put on one of the most memorable meals most of our guests have ever experienced. What I am so grateful for is Brian's (the chef) rare talent to build a kitchen and cook amazing food no matter the setting. Our venue was a beautiful ranch but we had to bring in vendors. The reception barn didn't have a commercial kitchen, but as long as Brian has a place to plug in some lamps, and space to build a fire he will create incredible food. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Extra bonus - Amanda (wife and event planner extraordinaire of the team) had a beautiful polaroid camera and the next morning I woke to a surprise of approximately 50 polaroid pictures from our day including the ceremony. Ronin Cooking is the ideal farm to table caterer and I feel honored they said yes to catering our wedding. We can't wait to eat their delicious food again.

Ronin Cooking FAQ