Root and Stem

Falls Church, VA · View map · Visit website

About Root and Stem

Root and Stem is a catering company located in Falls Church, Virginia. This caterer wants to know every detail about your wedding vision, then rely upon that insight to provide catering services that fit your wedding theme like a glove. They make their vendor list available to every client so you can rest assured that every ingredient is fresh and of the utmost quality.

Couples will have access to full bar services with bartenders serving house beer, liquor and wine alongside specialty beer and wine. You can choose from an open or limited bar.

Cuisine
Root and Stem offers couples more than 15 exotic and local cuisines to choose from, including American, Asian, Mediterranean and Italian fare. Their cuisine can be served in a variety of styles, including hors d'oeuvres, buffet, french service, family style, plated or stations. Chefs at Root and Stem are more than happy to accommodate your guests' dietary needs.

16 Reviews for Root and Stem

16 Root and Stem Reviews

Deborah
Deborah Rogers

Getting married on 09/26/2020

Outstanding Food & Service For Engagement Party

I can’t thank you and your team enough for making my son’s engagement party absolutely perfect. From the start of our planning discussions to the cleanup at the end of the night, you were all ... Read more extremely professional, friendly, and helpful, and I couldn’t be happier that we retained you for this special occasion. I really appreciated your creativity and flexibility in developing our menu and constant responsiveness to my ideas and change requests. From the hors d’oeuvres to the desserts, we ended up with the perfect menu and everyone couldn’t stop raving about the quality, variety and presentation of the food. In particular, our guests (and especially the happy couple) were very pleased with the vegetarian options and how seamlessly all the food choices worked together. The meal was topped off by delicious desserts and the celebratory carrot cake was as moist and tasty as I’ve ever had (again, our guests all raved!) Everyone was also quite complimentary of your staff. From the moment of his arrival, Marcelo was extremely friendly, professional and accommodating. Junior did a great job tending bar and helping out throughout the party, and Claudia did an outstanding job in our garage kitchen. They were the right people for our party! I can assure you I will recommend you to our friends and hope that we will have another opportunity to work with you. Sincere thanks and appreciation for making this a night and an event to remember. Deborah R. Bethesda, MD

D
Delilah

Married on 10/24/2018

Highly Recommend! Everyone is still RAVING about our food....

My husband and I recently got married in Maine by ourselves, and decided to have an intimate reception for our closest family and friends on 11/3/2018. We are so glad we chose Root & Stem to be the ... Read more center of our celebration - they were the best! Our choice was reconfirmed as soon as I began chatting with Christina. She was beyond helpful, informative, quick to reply, and always willing to work with me. She went above and beyond to tweak our menu to meet all of our needs. She catered to our extensive dietary restrictions (no dairy, no nuts, no sesame), our preference of bacon wrapped dates instead of figs and still delivered a spectacular and delicious display of food. The day of was seamless because of her and her team! Our family and friends raved about how delicious, fresh and amazing our food was. Turnover between cocktail hour and our dinner was quick and easy, and her team ensured that everyone was taken care of throughout the evening. For reference: we had charcuterie, bacon wrapped dates, and trio of shrimp for hors d'oeuvres. Followed by a pear salad, beef short rib, stripped bass, roasted potatoes, glazed tri-colored carrots, and brussels with pomegranate.

M
Meghan

Married on 09/22/2018

The BEST in the DC Metro area!

Having Root & Stem cater our Sept. 22 wedding was by far the best choice we made. First, the food was incredible and was exactly the same as what we tried at our tasting. I have so many guest come to ... Read more me and tell me, "This is the best food I've ever had at a wedding!". The planning process was an absolute pleasure. Our coordinator was organized, professional, had great ideas, and really cared about our event. The day of EVERYTHING and I mean everything went smoothly and according to plan. The staff was friendly, hard working, and just all-around very nice people. Root and Stem will forever by my catering go-to in the DC Metro area. I can't say enough great things about this company!