Rue 29 Napa Valley

Napa, CA · View map · Visit website

About Rue 29 Napa Valley

Rue 29 Napa Valley is a wedding planning company based in the heart of California’s Napa Valley. The WeddingWire Couple’s Choice award-winning company’s team of expert wedding and event planners have over 25 years of experience across the United States. They will go above and beyond to help you find the perfect venue and assist you in every step of the planning process to make sure your special day is seamless and spectacular for you and your guests.

Rue 29 Napa Valley is a LGBTQ-friendly company who provides the following wedding planning services:

• Ceremony

S
    Featured
    Sylvia

Married on 08/18/2018

Class Act - you need Janice, she's worth every penny.

We cannot give enough praise for Janice. From the first phone call to assisting with vendor issues after the wedding. Janice is a class act. We do not know what we would done without her! The initial ... Read more initial phone call: like most weddings, the bride takes the reigns. We were skeptical of using a planner but because our venue required one, we thought ok, let's find the cheapest one and call it a day. I called around and gathered some quotes. I had my initial phone call with Janice and found her to be super professional. She asked how far along we were with the planning, if we had chosen vendors yet and so on - I told her all we had was the venue and just started looking into everything else. We spoke about what we envisioned, what I thought we needed - I had a million and one questions for her about the process - at the end of the call she said she'd send me a follow up email of what we talked about and provide me her vendor list (can I say well-connected and I wasn't even a client yet) to assist with our planning. We had two more phone calls before my fiancé and I signed with Janice - she was not the cheapest option but she was the one who we thought would manage our wedding the best. Site visit: Janice had assisted with over 40 weddings at our chosen venue. During our site visit with the venue coordinator, Janice was helpful taking our vision and walking/talking us through what she thought would work best in terms of decor placement, cake/dessert bar, photo booth set-up, seating, menu selections, etc. We probably spent close to 3 hours in total at the venue (we had two venue visits - initial walk-through upon venue contract signing and walk-through/menu tasting) with Janice discuss all the nitty-gritty details. Vendor contract review/vendor interactions: As our wedding planner, Janice required a copy of all vendor contracts. She reviewed these in detail to ensure we had fair pricing and good contract terms. There was a couple times when we shared hotel block rates with her and she provided her opinion on pricing and required deposits (food & beverage minimums of $1,500 for room blocks - not reasonable for that specific hotel). Vendor details would ultimately be included in the wedding timeline and contacts. Janice called all vendors the week prior to the wedding to ensure timelines were accurate and obtain confirmation on details. Wedding Timeline: Janice provided a timeline template which we filled out with our initial thoughts. She adjusted the timeline based on her professional judgment (traffic, photo times, etc) - she even added a mini break directly after the ceremony so we could have some newlywed alone time before the craziness. Janice ran the draft by us and then took sole custody of the document until the wedding. Wedding Rehearsal: With a million and one things to do before the wedding, of course our family and the wedding party ran an hour late to the wedding venue. Janice was very accommodating with her time and waited for us to arrive (coordinated our late arrival with site coordinator). During the rehearsal she walked through where everyone should sit, stand, and start. She was a drill sergeant - making sure everyone understand what needed to get done to ensure we had a perfect wedding day. Wedding Day: Janice and her assistant made sure that everything was on schedule down to the minute (a guest told me after that they had never gone to a wedding that ran that much on schedule - ceremony started exactly at 5:30 pm, dinner started exactly at 7:15pm, last song to be played at 10:45pm ). They set-up the venue with our personal items just as we had requested and also re-purposed floral arrangements from the ceremony site to the reception site. Any issues that my husband or I had during the wedding (missing utensils, warm wine, shuffling early leavers onto the shuttle buses, etc) - Janice took care of. All personal items and gifts were taken with care and provided back to the wedding party at the end of the night. After the wedding: Janice followed up with us shortly after the wedding to check in. We were so happy to hear from her, but was sad to report to her that our wedding did not happen without a hitch - I mentioned to her the issues we had with the rehearsal dinner venue (bad service) as well as the wedding venue itself (food and service not meeting expectations). Janice took initiative and contacted both venues and provided our feedback to them. After multiple calls with Janice and the venues - she assisted in negotiating an account credit. This action was greatly appreciated as no one likes to deal with conflict (and extra money back in our pocket). Overall: We could not have had our wedding without Janice's assistance - she was worth every penny! We found her to be super helpful, organized and professional from beginning to end. If you're planning an event (any event) - you need Janice!

S
    Sonia Blauvelt

Married on 10/29/2018

Incredible Wedding Planner!

Janice was fantastic from the moment we had our first phone call through the time our wedding ended (and a little after). She was detail oriented, helped us stay within our budget, and had wonderful ... Read more recommendations for vendors. She was always easy to reach, quick to respond, and is clearly passionate about her work. We found Janice after we had already secured a date and venue, and were planning our wedding all the way from Louisiana. Janice often sent us pictures of updates to our venue and suggestions for decor and other items. She is also very artistic and did our tablescapes for us with plants and vegetables we purchased together at Trader Joes the weekend before our wedding! I highly recommend her and if we had to get married all over again, Janice would be my first phone call!

J
    Jenner

Married on 09/22/2018

Janice was amazing!!! By far one of the kindest individuals at the top of her game! Always made myself and husband a top priority for our day!

Janice – There are not enough words to say how grateful I am that you helped us with our beautiful wedding. I knew we would get along and the entire process was so much easier with your help. Thank ... Read more you for your kindness, exemplary planning and being a sounding board. Brides are lucky to work with you. I know I was. Much love and forever grateful -