San Diego Zoo & Safari Park

San Diego, CA · View map

About San Diego Zoo & Safari Park

A one-of-a-kind wedding venue in San Diego, San Diego Zoo & Safari Park offers exotic venues for an unbelievable backdrop. With options for getting married with views of rhinos, giraffes and gazelles in the distance, or saying your vows in a tropical setting surrounded by rare birds and vibrant plant life, your day will be so special.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples have three ceremony site option and six reception options for the special day, allowing each unique couple to find the space that reflects your wedding vision. Many of the venue options can be paired with one another to create a bigger space. Some highlights of the ceremony spaces include options for an African safari theme, with safari-inspired accents, trees, animals and plains; or an intimate lagoon spot with exotic plants near the water and lawn setting with sweeping branches, extraordinary animals and more. Accommodations at the ceremony sites range from 100-250 guests. With so many reception sites, options include a beautiful African building with 35-foot vaulted ceilings and stunning lights, or a lush, tropical space without walls. There are also venues featuring specific animals like an expansive terrace overlooking the zoo’s elephants and a mystical bamboo passage into a tranquil forest with tigers, Indonesian longhouses and a gorgeous interior with floor-to-ceiling windows. Another indoor option is a serene venue reminiscent of a plantation in South Africa with authentic decor and waterfalls among a forest canopy. The final option is the Zoofari Party Area for a large outdoor celebration with vibrant decor. Overall, the venues can hold 120-250 guests.

The staff at San Diego Zoo & Safari Park will go above and beyond to make your day absolutely incredible. They have a talented and experienced team who will guide you through every step of the way for stress-free planning. Included in the rental fee is chairs, cleanup, linens, parking, setup and tables. There is also in-house catering and an in-house bar for an exceptional day. Of course, your wedding at the zoo can be filled with animal encounters if you choose. This zoo features rare and dynamic species, from birds to reptiles to mammals, that will be an incredible, exciting addition for your day.

Cuisine
There are many catering services and menu options at the San Diego Zoo & Safari Park, ranging in cost and offerings. Many menus include bar service with beer, wine and soft drinks, a choice of cheese and vegetable display or two passed hors d’oeuvres.

40 Reviews for San Diego Zoo & Safari Park

40 San Diego Zoo & Safari Park Reviews

D
Daniel Lombardo

Married on 08/17/2019

So many amazing memories!

This was awesome! We had so much fun , and so many incredible moments at our wedding here! Rachel was amazing throughout the entire process. She was so responsive and helpful throughout the planning. ... Read more She helped us so much! Even during the wedding, on top of all the work she had to do, she kept checking on us to make sure we were ok! The park as a whole was also super accommodating and did an incredible job transforming the ceremony and reception sites for our wedding! We loved every minute of it!

Jessica
Jessica Anderson

Married on 04/26/2019

Adventure Awaits!

How do you sum up a review on a vendor that was beyond incredible?!? And a wedding venue that a girl could only dream of having?! My husband was the one who suggested we go tour the San Diego Zoo’s ... Read more Zoo’s Safari Park; we started touring places and some were really good and others just didn’t seem to do it for us. We went for our tour with Miss Patti Betts (love her!!) and fell completely in love with the idea of a wedding there!! We made our way through the sites and then finished with visiting the last site; Kijamii Overlook. LOVE!! That was it for us! I think I hugged Patti about 4 times, we were so happy! We would be saying our vows with giraffes and rhino’s roaming in the background!! How amazing is that?! We booked the park and went through the planning phases. Everyone we encountered when touring the park with vendors, tastings, etc. they all were just so nice and excited for us. We felt at home with having our wedding with such a great team. I was then told a Christian Wooten would be my next point of contact and would be leading the big day; little did I know he and I would end up email buddies! Christian Wooten is that person that goes above and beyond for his clients. I know we wouldn’t have had the phenomenal wedding we were blessed with, if it wasn’t for Christian. Over the course of the year he helped answer numerous questions (a lot!), gave priceless advice and was a calm friendly presence in our wedding planning. He gave honest feedback and always had my best interest in mind. These are rare qualities and I so appreciated him! He worked closely with all vendors to ensure the day went smooth, and was a pillar on the day of. The wedding was a complete dream come true for my husband and I!! Christian and his team blew our minds with how everything came together and flowed. The food was delicious, the yummy drinks and the way our stations were setup were just perfect! I heard all night long from our guests (and still do!) on how this was the best wedding they have ever been to!! The Safari Park has been blessed with such an amazing talent and I hope they are aware of that. Christian is a great example of a hard worker, whose best interest is his clients and creating amazing events that result in memories to last a lifetime.

R
ROBERT MARTIN

Married on 03/30/2019

Beautiful Venure

Everything about our wedding was absolutely beautiful and being surrounded by animals really made it possible. Outside of the animals, there are so many beautiful photo locations because of all of the ... Read more greenery.