Sarah Tew Photography

New York, New York · View map

About Sarah Tew Photography

Sarah Tew Photography is an award-winning photography service in New York City. Sarah Tew, the principal photographer, is an experienced and renown fine art photographer, whose ten years of work in the wedding industry has landed her features in countless magazines and art galleries. She knows how important photography is to your wedding day, because the moments she captures on film will be the lasting keepsakes of the wonderful memories you make. She provides gentle direction for portraits, but works hard to be unobtrusive and capture candid shots of the real emotions of your big day.

Experience
Sarah Tew graduated with high honors from Wesleyan University in 2001, then went on to Parsons in New York City for her degree in fine arts. She landed her first wedding job in 2003, and fell in love with wedding photography over any other work she had done in the past. She is now a member of the Professional Photographers of America. She was featured in a Capture Magazine's cover story on same sex wedding photography, and at the Queens Museum of Art for her documentary series on Sikhs. She has also worked with the National Geographic Network, and had her work used in magazines and publications such as New York Magazine Wedding Edition, Inside Weddings, BRIDES, Rock'n'Roll Bride, The New York Post, Artfully Wed, Wedding Pride Magazine, The Modern Jewish Bride, and many more.

Products and Services Offered
Sarah Tew offers top-notch, quality photos for her clients. She edits each photo individually, ensuring her work meets the highest standards and clients receive exactly what they wanted. Her most popular wedding package includes an engagement shoot, reception photo booth, digital copies of all edited photos and a credit towards photo albums. Sarah handcrafts photo albums, choosing the best photos and the couple's favorites to create a lifelong keepsake of the special day. Sarah Tew limits bookings to 20 weddings a year, so talk to her soon if you want her service at your wedding.

91 Reviews for Sarah Tew Photography

91 Sarah Tew Photography Reviews

Carissa
Carissa

Married on 11/10/2018

Intimate Wedding in A Bookstore Cafe

It was a joy working with Sarah. She has this talent of making her subjects comfortable in front of the lens. She has a photojournalistic approach, which is kind of like what I prefer. Our photos ... Read more looked candid, genuine and not too stiff. Overall, I would definitely recommend Sarah to my friends.

Samantha
Samantha

Married on 09/16/2018

Photography has always been important to me. I take lots of pictures, all the time, and I love peeping at others'. I'm rather proud of my Instagram. I rely heavily on photographs to chronicle my ... Read more experiences through life. So when my husband and I began planning our wedding, I knew immediately that finding the right photographer was my top priority. We first met Sarah at her studio/office in the Flatiron. Her glowing reviews and her body of work instilled confidence that she was the right choice to capture our story (her words, not mine), but she won us over with kindness and professionalism in person. Sarah betrays a genuine, palpable love of her craft, a nice quality in a wedding photographer. She also inspired confidence in us by following a process that's clearly been honed to precision over her considerable experience. She's got her timeline boiled down to a science so that she may focus on making the art. Day of, it felt like a friend was casually snapping photos while my bridesmaids and I were getting ready. My husband was equally at ease with her colleague Ryan, who captured some beautiful shots of my husband and his brother getting ready in the hotel. The morning after our wedding, Sarah posted a series of photos to her Facebook page. We LOVED waking up the next morning to scroll through about 30 BEAUTIFUL photographs that Sarah and Ryan had taken the night before. It was the perfect little preview. Not long after, Sarah wrote a lovely blog post about her experience photographing our wedding. When we received the (thousand+) photographs, we felt as if we were reliving every moment (even moments we weren’t a part of!). Our wedding photographs are simply stunning and are so moving and hilarious. I don’t know how Sarah does it, but she DOES IT. And please do yourself a favor and hire her for your wedding. It will be one of the best decisions of your life because, in a way, she is giving the gift of memory.

J
Jona Cano

Married on 09/02/2018

The single most mportant person at my wedding (other than my husband)

I had the wedding of my dreams and Sarah had EVERYTHING to do with it. She was the single BEST decision I made for my wedding day. Since it was my first time even being in a wedding, planning ... Read more everything on my own would not have been possible without a partner like her. She is COMPREHENSIVE in her homework and was the one who created the agenda (down to the half hour)for the day. Without her, I would not have been able to plan the timing of my other vendors (hair, makeup, videography). She served as a coordinator in a way by creating a timeline and then making sure we adhered to it , even when we were running late. I did not worry about a thing the entire day, although I'm typically an anxious mess, because of her. That peace of mind is worth it's weight in gold. As for the actual pictures, her work speaks for itself. She is a TRUE ARTIST. She finds the perfect light, your perfect angle, and she puts you at ease. I have never felt as beautiful as she makes me appear. If you are more involved in leading your photos, she will follow your lead but for everyone else, you can rely on her to create perfect portraits and know your venues better than you will. Overall a joy and pleasure to work with as she gave me the most amazing art to remind me of my most beautiful day.