Savannah Riverboat Cruises

Savannah, Georgia · View map · Visit website

About Savannah Riverboat Cruises

Based in Savannah, Georgia, couples can use Savannah Riverboat Cruises for a unique, waterfront wedding venue. For over 25 years this company has been allowing ceremonies, receptions, engagement parties, and bridal shows to be hosted on their gorgeous vessels. Designed as traditional red, white, and blue paddlewheel riverboats, they allow couples and their guests to eat, drink, and dance the night away while enjoying scenic city views from the Savannah River.

Facilities and Capacity

Truly a one-of-a-kind experience, the spaces on the Savannah Riverboat Cruises vessels allow up to 75 guests on the top deck for a wedding, and up to 1,000 people in their grand ballrooms for a reception. The Georgia Queen, the first vessel acquired by this company, has three ballrooms, a 5,000-square-foot open-air top deck, a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, and full bars on each of its three floors. While the vessel can accommodate 1,000 guests, for those who would like to charter a smaller space, the ballroom on the second deck has an off-set private parlor. The Savannah River Queen is a 600-passenger vessel with glass-enclosed, climate-controlled dining on each of its three decks. The boats can be sectioned off to accommodate smaller wedding parties and receptions, and are also wheelchair accessible.

Savannah River Cruises allows couples to choose wedding packages that will fully complete their special day. In addition to offering an all-inclusive ceremony and reception, they can also supply in-house catering, in-house bar, DJ, and a dance floor. Couples are welcome to bring in their own decorations or centerpieces, in addition to ordering their own cake or cupcakes from an outside bakery. The vessel also has a bridal suite for the wedding party on the day of the wedding. In addition, they have Cruise and Event specialists on the boat during your wedding to ensure your event rentals, lighting, sound, custom menu, set up, and clean up are all handled correctly. The event items they can provide include:

• Aisle markers
  • Linens
  • Flatware
  • Glassware

Cuisine

The vessel’s catering team is capable of creating delicious American, Caribbean, southern, Cajun, and local cuisine. Their outstanding food can also be gluten-free, lactose-free, nut-free, vegan, vegetarian, without pork, or kosher, depending on specific dietary needs. Before deciding on a custom menu, couples are welcome to enjoy a tasting of their options. Couples can also decide what serving style to provide, choosing from buffet, stations, or plated, to family style.

40 Reviews for Savannah Riverboat Cruises

40 Savannah Riverboat Cruises Reviews

K
Featured
Karen

Married on 10/16/2015

My husband and I thought the Riverboat was a perfect place to have our Son's rehearsal dinner, since most of the brides family and attendants, were from out of town. We had our Son's rehearsal dinner ... Read more aboard the Savannah River Queen, on the upper deck in the VIP Suite, which we were able to have up to 36 people. We met with Bailee, our Events coordinator, who helped us with all of our decisions. We sat down and planned the menu with her and wanted to include seafood as well as a few Southern dishes. The food was absolutely delicious. Carved Prime Rib, Shrimp and Grits, Conch Fritters, Fried Chicken, Savannah Red Rice, Mac and Cheese, Collard Greens, Seasonal Fresh Vegetables, Salad and for desserts, Banana Pudding, Turtle Cheesecake, Peach Cobbler and Fresh Fruit. The employees set it up so nicely, from the buffet, to the tables with linens. We did not have to do a thing. We were able to get access to the room a couple of hours before our guest had to be there, to decorate. We loved being able to step out on the deck as the ship was going down the river to enjoy each others company and get to know everyone. With most everyone traveling to get here, it was a way for everyone to relax before the wedding, the next day. The weather was perfect, the food was perfect , and it could not have been any easier for us. We were able to entertain and not worry about a thing. Bailee and the crew took care of every detail. I would do this all over again in a heartbeat.

J
Jill

Married on 09/17/2016

My partner and I were very pleased with the service provided by this venue. They were great with email communication for a destination wedding, there were no surprises with the final balances, and ... Read more they made making changes to the menu, etc very easy. My ONLY complaint, is that they had staff members going table-to-table during the reception trying to sell the souvenir boarding photos to my guests during dinner. We had specifically declined that package upgrade during our reservation process and I thought it came off as tacky that my guests were being solicited to make an additional purchase. Other than that, the value is great, the food is amazing, and the staff took care of EVERYTHING. Would absolutely recommend this venue!

User6576310

2+ years ago

When my son and future daughter in law decided on a destination wedding, I knew I was in deep trouble. Finding a place in your home town is stressful enough. But having to find a place you have never ... Read more never been I thought would be impossible. I wanted something memorable, fun, and entertaining for all ages. So to the internet I went. I found Savannah River Boat Cruises. I called and spoke with a wonderful woman. (Who was from Knoxville, my home town). Ms. Bridwell informed me of everything they had to offer, the cost and everything that would be needed to accomplish our event. Every month to the day she followed up to make sure everything was going to be to our liking. Even the day of our rehearsal dinner, she called and said everything was on schedule. She was there waiting on us as we boarded. Everything from the cruise, the food and the staff was exceptional. Our waiters Charlie and Peter waited on our every need.. Plus threw in their blessing to the future newly weds. If you are in need of a venue for a wedding or rehearsal dinner. Give them a call. You will not regret it.