Secret Garden Event Center

Phoenix, Arizona · View map · Visit website

About Secret Garden Event Center

Secret Garden Event Center is a classic wedding venue located in Phoenix, Arizona. This venue exudes romanticism, complete with flower-filled gardens, an elegantly renovated barn, and string lights. The staff at this event center will assist you every step of the way, so your wedding is nothing short of perfect. They can accommodate small, intimate ceremonies, or large events. No matter the request, the staff at Secret Garden Event Center is there to help. Guests who have held their event at this venue praise the variety of wedding packages offered, superior event coordination and planning, and the beautiful setting. They have won a variety of awards for their services, including the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards.

Facilities and Capacity
Secret Garden Event Center can accommodate up to 400 guests. The Walter Strong Historic Home includes dressing suites, the Carob Dining Room, and the Boxwood Dining Room. The interior includes a warm atmosphere and dark wood paneling and doors. The Grand South Lawn includes a gazebo, a 25-year-old giant Mesquite Tree, and a balcony that overlooks it. The lawn also hosts the Finnestere Garden with a brick walkway and outdoor seating for up to 400 guests. The Traditions Pavilion includes large iron chandeliers, a cathedral ceiling, and double French doors. The location also includes a courtyard and a romantic fireplace. The Carriage House has lovely charm and a rich 85-year history. A bridal suite is also included.

Secret Garden Event Gallery offers accommodations and event planning. Wireless Internet is also available. A list of their services include:

• All-inclusive packages
  • Lighting/sound
  • Outside vendors
  • Pet-friendly atmosphere

Cuisine
For their catering services, they offer a buffet and stations. A list of their services includes:

• Cocktail reception
  • Hors d'Oeuvres
  • Servers
  • Tastings

Other Services
Secret Garden Event Gallery offers a wide variety of event items for your special day. Some of these items include aisle markers, a dance floor, and tents and tent accessories. A list of their event items include:

• Aisle runners

Alexa
Featured
Alexa Miller

Married on 02/17/2019

I wish I could get married here every weekend!

I just had my wedding at the Secret Garden on Feb 17, 2019 (with 175 guests) and I was more than thrilled with the way the day went. My husband and I are originally from Arizona, but we currently live ... Read more live in New York. I am very involved with planning and marketing events in the New York City area, so when it was time to plan my wedding I was extremely picky when it came to venue, service, cost, and flexibility. It actually took me months to find the venue that worked for me. I wound up going with The SG because it’s gorgeous, has a great flow, the food is phenomenal, and it’s BYO. They offer very affordable wedding packages that include services from preferred vendors. They also have a staff of coordinators who are there to help you along the way. I worked with Stepheny who was incredible at her job and went above and beyond for me in so many ways. I had a very clear vision of what I wanted in terms of timeline, logistics, food presentation, and bar service. She has a wealth of experience, and not only advised me on how to improve on various aspects, but made sure that everything was perfectly executed to plan on the day of. She’s honest when it comes to what she thinks an event needs—and I very much respected her opinion. I genuinely looked forward to our check ins over the course of our planning. I don’t know what I would have done without her! I had their “triple tier package” which included a plated dinner outside on their patio, which is just so romantic under the bistro lights. I was very impressed with their interesting and creative menu options, and the night of, the food was absolutely delicious. Chef Doug really cares about what he does, and it shows. He even came around to greet each of my tables to see how their meal was. (Incredible!) I did do a few “extras” that were not in the package that I think were very necessary to making my wedding feel as luxurious and personal as it did. I had the bar open to guests before my ceremony, I added a charcuterie table during cocktail hour, and because I had 170 heavy drinkers from NYC I added a third bartender. (I had a bar in the pavilion and one out on the back patio) I really appreciated that the SG and Stepheny easily and beautifully made my vision come to life! You should have seen that charcuterie table, it was a work of art! (Thank you Stefan!) I also specifically wanted a BYO venue. I was very unimpressed with the alcohol options at other venues/hotels and was very happy that I could select the wines and liquors that I knew I loved, for a price that I could afford. Stocking the bar was definitely a lot of work, but for me, it was worth it. Their bartenders did an excellent job making the drinks on my cocktail menu. I worked with two of their preferred vendors for my florals and cake, but I went with my own DJ. Rita Vanek provided all of my florals, and did a stunning job. She was easy to work with and really made everything so elegant and beautiful. I had a very unique idea for my cake, and Inspired Sugar really did an incredible job. And everyone kept telling me how delicious my lemon/strawberry rhubarb cake was! The only thing I would change—I should have requested a larger dance floor for the size of my party. And I wish the party could have gone all night! I had such a wonderful time, I wish I could get married every weekend! And I know my guests had an incredible night as well—they won’t stop talking about it!

E
Evelyn

Married on 02/09/2019

Enchantment and Ease of Planning

Secret Garden is becoming less secret, because this is the most enchanting place to get married in Phoenix. After looking at various other venues including hotels and resorts, I walked through a ... Read more breezeway between two historic buildings and saw the gardens beyond. I knew immediately I found the right place to have this most important cerebration. We selected one of the Secret Garden packages that made planning our wedding very easy. The staff of Secret Garden delivered as promised. The property was magical, the dinner fabulous and the service so good, we were never aware of our glasses being filled or plates cleared as necessary. The DJ played to our selected tunes in a building perfect for an intimate dinner and dancing. Carina Inganamort, our venue director, helped coordinate all the pieces before the wedding and during the wedding was our shadow who made sure all the timing was flawless and it was. Secret Garden is worth a look for your wedding venue choice. Go there and you will be swept up in the magic.

T
Torin Dinh

Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing venue, staff, and catering service!

We had such a wonderful wedding at this venue! 65 guests in total, had it on a Sunday, with ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors and reception indoors in the hall. Everyone loved the food (plated ... Read more dinner with filet mignon and salmon), service, and bartenders. The entire staff was so attentive on the day of and made sure my wife and I were taken care of and that any request we made was handled within seconds. Carina was our venue coordinator and she did a great job! We hired an outside wedding coordinator both the coordinator and Carina worked well with each other! The DJ company they work with are fantastic and they have so many great wedding packages to choose from. The venue itself is gorgeous and does not feel like one of those cookie cutter venues or plain venues that requires a ton of decorations. You can choose to let the venue shine on its own or add your own touches here and there without breaking the bank. We definitely recommend this venue for anyone looking for a small or medium-large wedding!