Separk Mansion

Gastonia, NC · View map · Visit website

About Separk Mansion

Separk Mansion is a wedding venue located in Gastonia, North Carolina that is just 20 minutes from uptown Charlotte. This renovated Italian Renaissance mansion is designed with beautiful weddings in mind and will surely give you an elegant backdrop that will create a celebration that is full of everlasting memories and unique moments.

Facilities and Capacity
The Separk Mansion is ideal for both indoor and outdoor weddings. Its flexibility ensures that weather will never be a concern for the couple. The mansion’s main ballroom can host up to 250 guests for a reception or 200 for a plated dinner. This first floor ballroom retains old vintage hardwood floors and has a ceiling that shimmers with crystal chandeliers. At the front there is a large staircase that is suited for a grand entrance as well as large front doors that lead to an expansive limestone veranda that can be used for a cocktail hour. You can have your ceremony in the private formal garden, which accommodates around 250 guests and is surrounded by seasonal flowers and white azaleas that exude relaxed Southern charm. The garden offers multiple ceremony locations where you can exchange your vows under a 100-year-old oak tree or the large pergola.

This unique and extraordinary property will ensure that your vision is thoroughly executed. The Separk team brings years of experience in event planning, working hard to provide great value and unrivaled flexibility. They offer both all-inclusive and a la carte wedding options by partnering with professional vendors in the Charlotte area to provide each couple with a budget-friendly package. Services include:

• Tables, chairs and premium linens
  • Table centerpieces
  • Wedding cake
  • Ceremony decor
  • Catering
  • Beer and Wine Bare **Full Bar can be added on for an upgraded price**
  • Wedding Coordination for stress free wedding planning

Cuisine
Separk Mansion offers both food and beverage options where you can choose two butler passed hors d’oeuvres along with a buffet menu or plated dinner. They also have a bar with 4-hour beer and wine service as well as a champagne toast for the couple.

History
This impressive estate was built in 1919 by textile mogul Joseph Separk. He lived in the mansion with his wife and son during the 1920s. In 2012 it underwent complete renovation and is currently one of the most popular locations for ceremonies and receptions in Charlotte, North Carolina. The mansion is now part of the York Chester Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

70 Reviews for Separk Mansion

70 Separk Mansion Reviews

A
Featured
Andrea

Married on 06/08/2018

I honestly don’t even know where to start when it comes to explaining how amazing of a venue Separk is. I was an out of town bride planning a pretty large wedding, so things were pretty stressful. The ... Read more second I toured the mansion and met Brittanie I had made my decision. The all-inclusive package was just what I needed. I really needed a wedding planner but didn’t want to pay that extra expense and after meeting Brittanie I knew she would take care of everything. Choosing this venue was the absolute only decision I was 100% confident in making throughout the whole wedding planning process. I ended up working mostly with Kinsey. Holy moly she was my go-to for everything. I was e-mailing her and calling so many times a week and she just took care of every question I could possibly imagine. And the day of, everyone says so many things will go wrong… literally NOTHING went wrong. I was not stressed at all! Kinsey had it ALL under control. Even things I didn’t even know were happening! I also cannot say enough about how beautiful the venue is. We had an outdoor ceremony and all my family and friends haven’t stopped talking about how beautiful it was. The garden area for cocktail hour was stunning, literally looked like it was from a movie, and the chandeliers. need I say more? This place is stunning and timeless. I honestly just want to do it all over again because it was such an amazing experience! If you’re looking for a stress free wedding venue that is absolutely GORGEOUS and want to work with honest, reliable down to earth girls this is the venue for you!

Bliss
Bliss

Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect! Elegant! Stunning!

We recently got married at the Separk Mansion on April 5th, 2019. I probably looked at 50+ venues all over North and South Carolina before deciding it was the one. We also are living in Charlotte, ... Read more making it extra convenient for us (about 30 minutes away). I was set on a mansion/manor/estate with an elegant/bright vibe (the chandeliers really sealed the deal!) . We definitely wanted something with both indoor-outdoor areas where the ceremony and reception could be held on site. Separk had everything we were looking for! The mansion and grounds are gorgeous and offer many different set-ups for your ceremony, cock-tail hour, and reception. We were so set on an outdoor ceremony, that even when it rained all morning, we were still willing to risk having it outside in the afternoon. The amazing crew at Separk set up everything in the rain that morning (bless their hearts), and the rain stopped in perfect timing for a gorgeous over-cast ceremony (side note: there is a rain backup plan for indoor ceremonies but we were just so set on outdoors). The Separk girls are the sweetest! I mainly worked with Brittanie who is an absolute angel. I had already booked a wedding planner before finding Separk, but I honestly recommend just using their services since they know their venue/caterers/décor/packages the best. They were very great with communication and answering my 1038920380 questions. I brought my mom last minute, who added a million things and also had a million questions, and they handled that chaos beautifully. We did the all-inclusive, which when you break down everything actually comes out to be the best deal in my opinion. Overall, the staff was perfect, the vendors were perfect, the venue was perfect, and the night was perfect. We highly recommend having your special day at the Separk Mansion!

J
Jennifer Warnock

Married on 03/30/2019

Perfect setting and helpful coordinators!!

I can’t not say enough about how amazing Separk is - from the first tour of the stunning venue, to planning, to our actual wedding - it is perfect! Brittanie is awesome! The venue comes with ... Read more coordination, which is something I cannot emphasize you need most in your planning process!! The coordinators work for the venue and know alllllll the logistics. Everything from coordinating with my other vendors leading up to the event so I didn’t have to worry about it, helping set up, executing a perfect ceremony, even bustling my dress - the ladies here know what they are doing and your day will run smoothly! On top of all of that, the house is beautiful! I knew I wanted an outdoor wedding but given that I got married in March, the weather could do anything. Separk has so many options for indoor and outdoor ceremonies/receptions that I was not the least bit worried about the weather leading up to the wedding. I knew my back-up indoor option was just as pretty as their outdoor space.