Separk Mansion

Gastonia, NC · View map · Visit website

About Separk Mansion

Separk Mansion is a wedding venue located in Gastonia, North Carolina that is just 20 minutes from uptown Charlotte. This renovated Italian Renaissance mansion is designed with beautiful weddings in mind and will surely give you an elegant backdrop that will create a celebration that is full of everlasting memories and unique moments.

Facilities and Capacity
The Separk Mansion is ideal for both indoor and outdoor weddings. Its flexibility ensures that weather will never be a concern for the couple. The mansion’s main ballroom can host up to 250 guests for a reception or 200 for a plated dinner. This first floor ballroom retains old vintage hardwood floors and has a ceiling that shimmers with crystal chandeliers. At the front there is a large staircase that is suited for a grand entrance as well as large front doors that lead to an expansive limestone veranda that can be used for a cocktail hour. You can have your ceremony in the private formal garden, which accommodates around 250 guests and is surrounded by seasonal flowers and white azaleas that exude relaxed Southern charm. The garden offers multiple ceremony locations where you can exchange your vows under a 100-year-old oak tree or the large pergola.

This unique and extraordinary property will ensure that your vision is thoroughly executed. The Separk team brings years of experience in event planning, working hard to provide great value and unrivaled flexibility. They offer both all-inclusive and a la carte wedding options by partnering with professional vendors in the Charlotte area to provide each couple with a budget-friendly package. Services include:

• Tables, chairs and premium linens
  • Table centerpieces
  • Wedding cake
  • Ceremony decor
  • Catering
  • Beer and Wine Bare **Full Bar can be added on for an upgraded price**
  • Wedding Coordination for stress free wedding planning

Cuisine
Separk Mansion offers both food and beverage options where you can choose two butler passed hors d’oeuvres along with a buffet menu or plated dinner. They also have a bar with 4-hour beer and wine service as well as a champagne toast for the couple.

History
This impressive estate was built in 1919 by textile mogul Joseph Separk. He lived in the mansion with his wife and son during the 1920s. In 2012 it underwent complete renovation and is currently one of the most popular locations for ceremonies and receptions in Charlotte, North Carolina. The mansion is now part of the York Chester Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

74 Reviews for Separk Mansion

74 Separk Mansion Reviews

A
Featured
Andrea

Married on 06/08/2018

I honestly don’t even know where to start when it comes to explaining how amazing of a venue Separk is. I was an out of town bride planning a pretty large wedding, so things were pretty stressful. The ... Read more second I toured the mansion and met Brittanie I had made my decision. The all-inclusive package was just what I needed. I really needed a wedding planner but didn’t want to pay that extra expense and after meeting Brittanie I knew she would take care of everything. Choosing this venue was the absolute only decision I was 100% confident in making throughout the whole wedding planning process. I ended up working mostly with Kinsey. Holy moly she was my go-to for everything. I was e-mailing her and calling so many times a week and she just took care of every question I could possibly imagine. And the day of, everyone says so many things will go wrong… literally NOTHING went wrong. I was not stressed at all! Kinsey had it ALL under control. Even things I didn’t even know were happening! I also cannot say enough about how beautiful the venue is. We had an outdoor ceremony and all my family and friends haven’t stopped talking about how beautiful it was. The garden area for cocktail hour was stunning, literally looked like it was from a movie, and the chandeliers. need I say more? This place is stunning and timeless. I honestly just want to do it all over again because it was such an amazing experience! If you’re looking for a stress free wedding venue that is absolutely GORGEOUS and want to work with honest, reliable down to earth girls this is the venue for you!

Lari
Lari Meza

Married on 08/17/2019

Everything we could’ve dreamed of!

As soon as we stepped foot on the mansion grounds we knew this place was perfect for our big day. The mansion is gorgeous and the perfect back drop to any type of wedding. The all inclusive package ... Read more made everything so easy to plan and all the vendors were wonderful and high quality. The wedding coordinators Emily and Kinsey were the biggest help in ironing out the fine details and making sure everything went as planned. They were completely supportive, patient and willing to accommodate anything for us. They made the day so much easier by keeping us on schedule, coordinating with all vendors and making us feel at ease. I can’t imagine a better place to get married. Thank you Separk!

E
Elizabeth Kirschner

Married on 07/15/2019

The most stunning venue with the best staff - couldn’t have been more perfect!

I could not have better things to say about having our wedding at Separk! Not only is it an absolutely stunning venue (we have gotten compliments from so many of our guests) but every piece of the ... Read more wedding planning process is executed flawlessly. We worked with Kinsey from the time we toured the venue, to pre wedding meetings, to her being our day of coordinator. I am naturally a worrier and Kinsey answered every single question I had prior to the wedding and has such a sense of calmness about her. The day of the wedding we did a switch up to have the ceremony inside due to storms in the area and it couldn’t have been run smoother, everything was on time and there was never any confusion by anyone in the wedding party. I couldn’t recommend having your wedding here more if I tried!