Shade and Strand

San Diego, CA · View map · Visit website

About Shade and Strand

Shade and Strand is a team of artists based in San Diego, California. Owner Heather Elizabeth Kanoelani Raco is passionate about the color, dimension, and texture involved in hair and makeup artistry. The dedicated team at Shade and Strand looks forward to creating a beautiful, distinctive look that showcases your personal tastes and style.

Hair and makeup services can be performed in the salon, or on-site throughout San Diego County and Orange County. Shade and Strand can accommodate small and large groups, as well as offer consultations and trials. Available hair services include hair extensions, hair removal, updos, and styling, while makeup application services include the following:

• Airbrush makeup

J
Featured
Jennifer

Married on 09/23/2017

Heather is absolutely incredible! I have had two or three bad experiences with getting my hair and make up done before her and when I met her I voiced my concerns and she vowed to give me a better ... Read more experience. When we did my first trial for my wedding hair and make up , she constantly ask me if I liked what was happening and asked for my input. She even offered me a second trial for free just in case I wasn’t happy. But I so was!!! She absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way and I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone. Heather is multi talented and can do your make up, style your hair, cut your hair, and give product advice like no one’s business. Not only that, but she is such a fun person and so full of life.One of the best parts of working with her is how sweet and bubbly she is :-) I can’t wait until I need my hair or make up done again! Thank you Heather for making my wedding hair and make up experience wonderful from start to finish

G
Gretchen Bartels

Married on 06/01/2019

Glam Wedding Hair and Makeup

I loved working with Heather and Tiff for my wedding hair and makeup. I was looking for something classy with a bit of old Hollywood style with a bold but natural look on the makeup, and they ... Read more delivered just what I was hoping for! They were amazing, and I felt so glamorous and beautiful for my wedding!

Maria
Maria

Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing ladies on my wedding day

Shade and Strand was great on my wedding day! All the ladies in my party had a great time getting ready and chatting with Heather. She made everyone feel comfortable from the moment she walked in the ... Read more door. She is so much fun and professional she did everyone hair exactly as they envisioned and the whole experience was amazing.