Shades of Jade

North Salt Lake, UT · View map · Visit website

About Shades of Jade

Hello and welcome! My name is Jade Hall. I am the artist and creative behind the videos at Shades of Jade. I strive to create cinematic, and tear jerking videos for you and your family to forever cherish. I want to capture the beautiful moments on your special day. I am based in Salt Lake City but often do work all around the Rockies and West Coast--Including abroad, elopements, and destination weddings. If you are interested in my work and want to know more about what I offer, please visit my website and fill out the contact form. www.shadesofjadefilms.com (Or send me a message via WeddingWire) I look forward to chatting with you about your special day!

Experience
Jade Hall graduated with a degree in Film and Media arts from the University of Utah. She calles Northern Utah home, but travels often for work and leisure. Besides weddings, Jade has filmed videos for many different non-profits, including NepalSEEDS, an organization to send young female children to school in Nepal. She has also created many small business marketing videos, however filming weddings is what keeps her busy. Shades of Jade is a Gem Vendor for Rocky Mountain Bride and has been featured on various blogs.

This passionate videographer takes stunning and personal videos for couples on their wedding day. Shades of Jade Films offers the following services:

• Hourly Packages
  • Love Story Videos
  • Save The Date Videos
  • Travel Based Weddings

Other Services
Couples will receive their final wedding video from Jade via USB flash drive, online viewing platform (Youtube or Vimeo), and a downloadable link.

16 Reviews for Shades of Jade

16 Shades of Jade Reviews

D
Featured
Dominique

Married on 11/03/2018

Jade is the Best Videographer in the State

Jade is an incredibly talented videographer. She went above and beyond to capture our first look — she was flexible, creative, efficient and professional. She created a video that we will always ... Read more treasure. I will hire her every time I need a videographer. She is by far the best videographer in the state. I would recommend her to everyone.

J
Jenny

Married on 06/29/2019

Get ready to be wowed with an incredible piece of artwork and heirloom!

Jade is an INCREDIBLE artist and visionary and so flexible and creative! I had some loose, unique ideas for things I wanted to tape and show on our wedding day, so I hired her to make two films for ... Read more us. My fiance and I agree that it was by far better than we even imagined! Before hiring Jade, I researched and interviewed with other videographers, as well, so I am writing this review with knowledge of what others offer and what makes Jade stand apart from them. Here are a few things that set Jade apart: 1) She is truly an artist. She knows lighting, she knows angles (she even made sure I didn't "lose my neck" in the shots so they would look prettier- I so appreciate that!), 2) she will turn your ideas into masterpieces - she is open to creative ideas for shoots and she will make it perfect. Just look at her vimeo account, and you'll see what I mean, 3) many videographers do not use sound clips, and I think you lose some of the story in that. Jade is a master at piecing together sound clips in ways that tell the story and keep the video engaging (she did a beautiful 11 minute love story for us that didn't feel like it "ran on" at all), 4) she uses VERY high quality equipment and her videos reflect that. Drone footage? Yes, she can do that. Stellar mics? She's got that too. She's also very good at hiding mics, so they are not distracting. The audio quality was SO clear. I watched other videographers' tapes and in most cases, sound was muffled and background noise was present, 5) she can think on her feet. My fiance and I were so excited to shoot with her at the Salt Flats, and she planned to use her drone there for us. None of us expected it to be so windy! While it was too windy for anyone to fly a drone that day, she took some creative shots with her other camera that gave the effect of a long-range shot, 6) she really listens and makes it YOUR shoot rather than just what fits her style. My fiance has written a few songs for me, and she incorporated the songs beautifully into the video. I also needed the video to loop seamlessly, but to still be clear when the video was ending, and she came up with a genius idea to begin the shoot with a pan up from the ground at the salt flats and to end by planning down to the ground at the salt flats, 7) her prices are very reasonable, particularly given the amount of time she clearly puts in to making them perfect, 8) she loves what she does, she has a college degree in it, and it shows, and 9) she is FUN! She is encouraging (but not in the annoying workout DVD trainer way :) and will tell you how pretty the shots are looking. If you're camera-shy or just not used to being filmed (like most of us!), you will want a videographer who can do this well. By the end of our second shoot, my fiance and I were trying to think of more reasons we needed her, because her quality is just so, so good! I don't normally write reviews (especially long ones like this), but Jade is worth it. Book her now! I promise you that you won't regret it!

A
Adrianne Goodsell

Married on 04/05/2019

Jade is Amazing!

Jade is phenomenal. She captured candid moments throughout our special day, and made magic out of it. Our whole day was filmed beautifully, and now we have that to look back on for forever. The music ... Read more choices were perfect, and the moments were so special. I looked at a lot of other videographers before deciding to have Jade film our special day, and not one of them seemed like the right fit for us. She made us feel so comfortable the whole time, and gave us a little direction to get the perfect shots and it made the video look flawless. Jade was able to capture our love and happiness on our wedding day, and I could never thank her enough for that. I am so happy and thrilled with our video! I truly can't stop watching it. I would HIGHLY recommend her to everyone, she knows what she is doing!