Shadow Wood Manor

Moody, AL · View map · Visit website

About Shadow Wood Manor

Shadow Wood Manor is a historic barn wedding venue in Moody, Alabama. Owners Joe and Karla Johnson have created a contemporary barnyard experience with rustic elegance, suited for all wedding styles. Shadow Wood Manor was originally a horse ranch and named after the family horse, Shadow. Now, it serves as one of Alabama’s most popular wedding venues. The farm is just a short drive from Birmingham, providing easy access off I-20 for your out-of-town loved ones. The rolling hills and picturesque pastures will bring warmth and familiarity to everyone in attendance. If you want to plan a truly spectacular day, choose Shadow Wood Manor.

Facilities and Capacity
Shadow Wood Manor provides both indoor and outdoor venue spaces for your ceremony and reception alike. The property features several acres of open fields and pastures, with a covered bridge and several ponds. You may host your reception in the rustic barn. The barn has been renovated to include cathedral windows, crystal chandeliers, indoor and outdoor fireplaces, and a modern prep kitchen and bathrooms. Get-ready rooms are also onsite for the wedding party to use throughout the day. The barn is elegantly furnished and exudes a country chic ambiance. However, it can be decorated to fit your exact theme and wedding style. The barn has a large covered porch for cocktail hour and relaxation after dinner. The barn is wheelchair accessible and can accommodate up to 150 guests.

Shadow Wood Manor ensures every wedding couple truly enjoys their experience on the property. They provide planning assistance to help you find the right local vendors for your wedding day. They also include chairs, tables, and other wedding decorations and props at no additional charge.

7 Reviews for Shadow Wood Manor

7 Shadow Wood Manor Reviews

H
Hayden Baker

Married on 05/11/2019

Best Day of My Life!

I booked this venue a little over a month before my wedding. I was afraid my first choice would be too small. I was so lucky and thankful to have found Shadow Wood Manor, and I was also thankful they ... Read more had my date open! Talk about luck! This venue is amazing and beautiful. The owners are very sweet, and they definitely made my wedding day the best day of my life! They were very helpful and made sure everything was perfect for my special day! I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL venue that includes tables, chairs, and decor! The price is SUPER reasonable for the quality of the venue; a giant plus is that they allow any catering company, drinks, flowers, etc. you can cater yourself if you can take it on! You don’t have to choose from a list of their choices like a lot of venues! Karla and Joe ended up becoming like family to us and we adore them! They are very warm and personal people! I recommend checking this place out before booking anywhere, because I guarantee you’ll fall in LOVE!

Halley
Halley Gillis

Married on 05/05/2019

Perfection!

I can't say enough good things about this venue. My wedding was on May 5, 2019 and it turned out perfect! Of all the venues I looked at, I decided to go with Shadow Wood Manor, and I'm so glad I did. ... Read more What won me over in choosing this venue over others were the wonderful owners, Karla and Joe. They were kind, helpful, and accommodating to everything I wanted. You can tell they really care about your wedding and about what you want on your special day. Not only were the owners amazing, but the venue is absolutely gorgeous. The venue gets more beautiful every time I see it. They pay attention to every little detail. You have to see it in person to take in all it has to offer. I will recommend Shadow Wood Manor to everyone! Thank you, Karla and Joe, for the wedding of my dreams!!

A
Ariel

Married on 04/07/2019

Shadow Wood Manor

Everyone was so nice, they worked with me and even helped us decorate. This is the best wedding venue there is. I highly recommend them. They helped to make my wedding day perfect! Read more Everyone was so nice, they worked with me and even helped us decorate. This is the best wedding venue there is. I highly recommend them. They helped to make my wedding day perfect!