Shelley Miller Photography

Sterling, VA · View map

About Shelley Miller Photography

Photogaraphy is art. Inspiration comes from those we photograph. My vision is to maintain the relationship between art and photography. Emotions, memories, lifestyles and memories should be captured and cherished for all time. My goal is to create images that trancends the ordinary. I received my BFA in graphic design at the University of Illinois and worked as a graphic designer for many years, including owning my own graphic design business - Kaleidoscope Graphics - for about 12 years. My background as a graphic designer allows me to see things in a creative way, and I am always striving to create not only a photograph, but a piece of artwork as well. I love people, and I love taking pictures. As a photographer I feel privileged to be a part of so many important days. As your wedding photographer, I will listen to you and make sure that we are on the same page. Communication is paramount. I hope that by the time your wedding day is over and you have your pictures in hand, you will not only have great memories for a lifetime, but a new friend. Hey, I would love to be the one to take those first baby portraits as well!

17 Reviews for Shelley Miller Photography

17 Shelley Miller Photography Reviews

User3314790

2+ years ago

We have worked with Shelley on engagement photos, wedding photos, and reception photos (we had our reception almost 3 months after our wedding). Shelley is a joy to work with, and so creative. She has ... Read more has an ability to read into and capture the couple in a meaningful light. We have gotten so many compliments on her pictures and were grateful she could do all three shoots for us. She's one of the most personable professionals I've known, and has the greatest time doing what she does. Her zeal for her profession is infectious. Thanks for being there to capture the best moments of our lives, Shelley!

C
Courtney

Married on 09/10/2011

Shelley came to us as a recommendation from our wedding planner, and after our first meeting, we knew instantly we need not look any further. She has such a huge personality that instantly makes you ... Read more feel comfortable with you, and her passion is so obvious in every detail of her work. She only wants to provide what you are looking for, and is so completely accomodating and friendly. We knew that photography was the single most important part of our budget, and she went above and beyond in providing us with fantastic service and gorgeous end results. We would (and have!) recommend her to anyone that is looking for a photographer that truly captures your one-of-a-kind day. Our photos are absolutely breathtaking and ALWAYS bring up the emotions of the day whenever we look at them. We're so glad we chose Shelley!

M
Melissa

Married on 07/30/2011

Shelley was a great photographer to work with and I would recommend her to anyone. Read more Shelley was a great photographer to work with and I would recommend her to anyone.