Silicon Valley Capital Club

San Jose, CA · View map · Visit website

About Silicon Valley Capital Club

Silicon Valley Capital Club is a wedding ceremony and reception venue located in San Jose, California. Couples can expect a heightened event with utmost sophistication at this venue, which puts its guests atop the KQED building for a vista that will sparkle and impress.

Facilities and Capacity
Silicon Valley Capital Club offers a wide variety of private event spaces with maximum capacities of up to 250 guests, allowing for large and extravagant wedding celebrations. This facility features floor-to-ceiling windows that afford unmatched and breathtaking views of the Bay Area. During the evenings, this view of the city glitters with lights like stars from below.

The Capital Ballroom is the premier choice for a wedding reception at this venue, being the most spacious and named to honor California state history. It is an ideal setting for proud Californians celebrating their California wedding.

Several other event spaces are also available for more intimate celebrations. This venue affords plenty of photo opportunities and chances to celebrate California history, including the Vintage Room, which honors Santa Clara County wineries; the Orchard Room, aptly named for Santa Clara County’s fertility; and the Heritage Wall, which honors San Jose’s history and provides panoramic views of the spanning city.

Couples can also enjoy outdoor celebrations. This venue features a terrace, which makes for an ideal wedding ceremony site. In addition to the unparalleled views of the city, the terrace allows couples to say their vows beside the tree tops, lending a sense of elevation and “top of the world” euphoria.

Private get-ready rooms, including a luxury suite, are also available for pre-ceremony preparations.

Silicon Valley Capital Club hosts engagement parties, elopement, rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies, receptions, and more. Couples can work with two private event directors and a professional staff to ensure their special day is planned and executed flawlessly.

An all-inclusive package at this venue includes wedding staples such as flatware, glassware, barware, linens, tables, and chairs. Couples can also choose to rent a variety of decorative items, including drapery and centerpieces. Other more general services include:

• Cleanup
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Wheelchair access
  • WiFi

Cuisine
Full catering services at this venue are run by an experienced professional chef who believes in utmost freshness, quality, and presentation. Couples can choose from a variety of presentation styles, ranging from buffet-style receptions to plated multiple course meals. Complimentary cocktail receptions and butler-passed hors d’oeuvres are also available. Full bar services included house beers, wines, liquors, and specialty libations.

7 Reviews for Silicon Valley Capital Club

7 Silicon Valley Capital Club Reviews

User4909530

2+ years ago

We hosted our wedding of 100 at SVCC. We worked with Cheryl and she was amazing throughout the whole process. Our budget wasn't extremely high, but Cheryl assured us they would make it work. Not only ... Read more did she make it work, but it was way less than expected. Not one detail was overlooked. The day of the wedding Cheryl really took charge and made sure everything ran smoothly. The entire staff was extremely professional, helpful, and went above and beyond. We got so many compliments on the venue, food, and staff. Would definitely recommend this venue for any special event.

Monica
Monica

Married on 09/06/2015

Working with Cheryl at SVCC has been wonderful! I can't wait for my big day. Will update my review upon conclusion of my wedding. Read more working with Cheryl at SVCC has been wonderful! I can't wait for my big day. Will update my review upon conclusion of my wedding.

D
Destiny

Married on 05/25/2008

After an extensive search at wedding venues in the Bay Area, my husband and I chose Silicon Valley Capital Club for our reception site. We found that the venue is an incredible value. The service is ... Read more excellent, the views are gorgeous, and it has an luxurious, posh feel for a reasonable price. The Capital Club is located on the 17th floor of the Knight Ridder building in downtown San Jose. When I booked with the Capital Club, they had recently undergone some renovation. The reception room is long and narrow, about which I had some concern originally. The cocktail room is lovely as is the bar. All these rooms have floor to ceiling windows and fabulous views. To sample the food, Capital Club has the bride and groom come in for dinner. We sat in the best table, situated right in the corner of the building and indulged in several delicious items from the menu. The service was incredible. We had originally planned on having a buffet for the reception, but after our meal we decided that plated dinner was the way to go. Jenna worked diligently with us to carry out all the details. She met with us several times (two visits to tour the club before we booked, at least two appointments once we booked to go through some of the details, and again a couple days before the wedding when we dropped off some items). She is really nice and easy to work with. Two minor issues: First, it can be hard to get ahold of people at the Club sometimes. They are extremely busy, but the good thing is that as we approached the wedding day it actually became easier to get in contact with them. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the reception room is somewhat small with a long narrow shape. But it worked beautifully for us, as we had around 120 guests. I think it comfortably holds about 150. Those were the only issues we had with the venue. In the grand scheme, however, they were trivial concerns. On the day of the wedding, things went perfectly. As soon as we arrived with the wedding party, Jenna escorted us to one of the side rooms where we given hor'dourves, champagne, water, etc. We rested there for about twenty minutes while the cocktail hour ended and our guests were seated in the dining room. Then, Jenna, with our DJ, lined us up to be announced into the dining room. Everything was well-orchestrated. The staff seem to know what they are doing and they took excellent care of us. Further, all the details were according to our specifications. The food was fabulous. We had three entrees - filet mignon, portabello mushroom, and sea bass. Everyone raved about the food, especially the filet mignon. Also, the Capital Club contracts with Bijan Bakery to provide the cake, should you so choose. This makes it easier as you don't have to find a cake vendor on your own and also because Bijan has a lot of experience working with the Capital Club. I visited and researched many other possibilities in the Bay Area but I felt that the Capital Club's service, dining options, views, price, and location, all combined for an excellent value. At the same time, you wouldn't think it was such a value because it doesn't feel like you're sacrificing anything by choosing them! Indeed, our guests were very impressed not only with the food but also with the site itself. Even my father-in-law complimented our choice, and he is not exactly the gushing, vocal type. Overall, I am very happy we went with the Capital Club as our reception site.