Smythwick Castle & Lodge

Marble Falls, TX · View map

About Smythwick Castle & Lodge

Nestled in the Hill Country just west of Austin, Smythwick Castle & Lodge offers overnight accommodations for up to 10 guests. It is a country Castle on 10+ acres that are filled with waterfalls, ponds and grand old oak trees. Smythwick Castle is primarily an outdoor venue that offers a picturesque setting for a lavish & elegant wedding day, anniversaries, girls weekends, corporate parties, long table dinners and other unique events.

Elegant stone fireplaces, turrets and a unique old world brick courtyard with an elegant fountain will add a romantic ambiance to any Wedding Day or celebration. The more formal grand hall with its crystal chandeliers, large stone fireplace, picture windows and beautiful draperies lends itself to all occasions. Our beautiful gazebo, roses, towering oaks and peacocks will make every occasion special. After dancing the night away in our Fairytale courtyard you can slip into our hot tub and later into one of the 5 luxurious bedrooms to enjoy a serene weekend with friends, family or a romantic wedding day and night and the next morning enjoy a wonderful country breakfast.

For the Bride who wants a stress free day we offer customized Wedding Packages that can
include: catering/cakes/dessert by Bittersweet Cakes & Catering, florals, officiant, DJ, photographer, hair & makeup, china(standard and vintage), rehearsal dinners and amples parking for your guests, etc…..

Come enjoy the wildflowers, peacocks and our romantic courtyard in the Spring time for your engagement photos Sunday thru Wednesday.

The Old World atmosphere of Smythwick Castle & Lodge is a place where events are never forgotten, dreams come true and lasting memories are made!

Contact us today to reserve your wedding date at 512-917-5223 or smythwickcastle@gmail.com.

Find us on Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram

11 Reviews for Smythwick Castle & Lodge

11 Smythwick Castle & Lodge Reviews

R
Ronda

Married on 09/02/2017

So, we wanted a very simple, worry-free, small wedding. WE GOT IT. Laura, was amazing. She make all of the decisions, and all of the arrangements, as we asked. The Castle was as advertised, and even ... Read more and even more beautiful in person. The cost was low, for everything she provided.....flowers, wedding officiant, photographer, catering, the grounds, and even a couple of nights stay, all in one package. It was definitely stress-free.

S
Samantha

Married on 09/24/2016

From the moment we found the venue online we knew we wanted to get married there. We both wanted an intimate, old world setting for our wedding and after viewing the pictures online and visiting the ... Read more castle, we knew Smythwick was the venue for us. Laura was helpful throughout our wedding planning process. She helped us figure out our menu that had dishes we could eat (we’re vegan) but would also be familiar and delicious for the most hungry guests. The food was delicious, and even the non-vegans were impressed! Nobody missed that there wasn’t meat for dinner! The venue is beautiful. Everything looked exactly like it was out of a fairy tale. Laura had some additions to the property before the wedding which made it that much more fantastic and gorgeous such as the castle gate, a stone walkway leading to the gazebo, and beautiful artwork painted on the gazebo. We love the pictures we got back from the lake that is right next to the property. Laura gave us a tip to take pictures at sunset there, and they came out beautifully. She worked with us on our budget and making sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The only downside to the venue is that the ballroom has no air conditioning. Once we all started dancing in the ballroom area, even with the doors open and fans going, it was hot. It was late September, so we figured it would be cooler weather, but that’s so unpredictable in Texas. They should upgrade and get the ballroom air conditioned. Even though it was hot, we still danced the night away and had a great time. We highly recommend the Smythwick Castle for anyone who is looking for an intimate, old world, “Princess Bride” atmosphere to their wedding. I was marrying my prince charming, and the Smythwick Castle was the perfect place for our fairy tale wedding to come true.

A
Alex

Married on 07/10/2016

My husband and I planned a Texas July summer wedding, and we found this amazing vendor! Laura was very accommodating throughout the entire planning process and the day of. When I first contacted Laura ... Read more Laura and she told me her prices, I had to tell her that was out of my price range and I would have to keep looking. She asked what my budget was and then worked very hard to figure out a way to make it work for both of us. We ended up serving appetizers instead of a full meal and it was lovely. She was also extremely willing to answer any questions we had about anything at any point throughout the planning process. The day of our wedding was beautiful! Laura had taken the time to set flowers that matched my bouquet and my cake in little vases along the aisle. She made our wedding cake and did an AMAZING job! I still think about how wonderful it tasted! When my husband and I sat down for the toasts she made sure that both of us had food and drinks on the table and were able to eat something, without being taken away from our guests! Also all of her food is amazing! All of my family and friends loved it, and they were satisfied even with only having appetizers! Now the venue, it is beautiful! My husband and I loved the idea of getting married outside in an intimate setting. This was a dream come true! WE loved the feel of the castle, as well as having the ability to be away from the city. There also is a small creek that sits on the property that is beautiful for pictures. I will tell you, if you are not comfortable having an all outdoor wedding this place is not for you, because everything, EVERYTHING is outside. Even the reception area/ ball room opens up outdoors. However my husband and I loved it, and for the most part we stayed reasonable cool with all of the shade. WE especially loved that there was space for our little guests to run around and have fun during our reception. I would highly recommend this place!