Soho South Cafe

Savannah, GA · View map · Visit website

About Soho South Cafe

Soho South Cafe, located in the heart of Downtown Savannah, Georgia, is a large restaurant wedding venue suitable for both ceremonies and receptions. The beautiful and spacious interior serves as a versatile space ideal for both sit-down dinners and cocktail receptions, while their outdoor area is ideal for a tented reception. Famous for its weekly lunches and Sunday brunch menu, the restaurant specializes in farm-to-table offerings overseen by Daniel Reed’s Executive Chef Brandy Williamson.

Facilities and Capacity

Soho South Cafe is suitable for celebrations of up to 150 people. The restaurant has been furnished to include design elements iconic of New York City. This quirky venue, with its vast interior space, includes exposed features of the original building including large steel frame windows, iron trusses, and solid wood garage doors. This electric space features high-ceilings, glass chandeliers, a large illuminate clock face, and a separate bar area ideal for cocktail hour.

Soho South Cafe is a suitable location for ceremonies, receptions, and pre-wedding events such as engagement parties and rehearsal dinners. The venue offers a choice of layouts including both rectangular and round tables, linen, and, as you would expect from a restaurant venue, all chairs, flatware, china, barware, and glassware. They provide in-house catering are and full staffing offering an array of service types. Soho South Cafe provides a variety of parking options.

Cuisine

Soho South Cafe is one of Savannah’s leading fine and casual dining restaurants, known for their superior menus and use of the finest local ingredients. Their highly-trained and talented chefs will work with you to plan a menu tailored to your event; they can prepare everything from a six-course tasting menu to custom buffets and passed hors d ‘oeuvres.

History

The building in which Soho South Cafe is located was built in 1945 and originally used as an automotive service station. It then sat vacant for many years until the original restaurant’s owner transformed the building into a restaurant. Soho South Cafe opened its doors in 1997, so called after the iconic New York neighborhood due to its vibrant location. The restaurant was acquired and remodeled by Daniel Reed Hospitality and is today famous as a popular Sunday brunch spot.

25 Reviews for Soho South Cafe

25 Soho South Cafe Reviews

A
Featured
Amanda

Married on 09/01/2018

Dream wedding!

My husband and I planned our wedding from upstate NY, and Leslie, the wonderful event coordinator, made it so easy! When we lived in Savannah, Soho was always one of my favorite brunch spots, and it ... Read more made an even better wedding venue! We didn’t want a big ballroom wedding, and Soho was the exact vibe we wanted: unique, delicious food, intimate feel. We did our ceremony and reception here and it flowed very smoothly. I can’t speak highly enough of the Soho and Daniel Reed team– it was such a pleasure to work with them! From initial emails, to first payments, food tastings, final payments, to opening the bar for champagne before the ceremony began, the team executed it all flawlessly! If I could re-do my wedding (I wish!), I’d 110% host it at Soho again! It was fantastic! Jealous of future brides who decide to host here– you will be so happy you did!

Savannah
Savannah

Married on 05/25/2019

Couldn’t imagine a better place to have a reception or ceremony

Soho is absolutely breathtaking you literally don’t even have to decorate. I love everything about Soho! Not only is it beautiful, different, in a great location the staff is also amazing! Leslie was ... Read more always there to help with everything and answered all of my questions. Thank you guys for everything!!

Andi
Andi

Married on 09/29/2018

Gorgeous, stunning, venue with excellent food and staff

My husband and I LOVE Soho as a restaurant (their grilled cheese and tomato bisque are unparalleled! ) so when we got engaged and learned we could rent them out for our wedding, we were so in! The ... Read more experience was incredible and our guests would not stop complimenting how gorgeous the venue was, how excellent the food was, and how the staff were incredible! You have so many options for appetizers, entrees, stations, drinks, etc.! The atmosphere for our wedding was romantic and gorgeously lit by candles. I’ve also seen photos where the venue is extremely eclectic and electrifying. Soho is very versatile and a great choice - the best choice - for a venue in Savannah!