Solitary Pearl

North Olmsted, OH · View map

About Solitary Pearl

Be Beautiful. Do Good.

Fashion is all about community. I think that's why I've always loved it so much. Brides create something beautiful while they connect the artisans at every level of the process of making their dress. At the wedding, they continue that connection with their loved ones. Every day at Solitary Pearl is driven by our love for connecting and helping to push each other to be better and happier. One decision can do the world good, even if it only leads to small changes.

Most of our silk is hand-woven using natural processes at a Fair Trade certified company in Cambodia. They support the women in their community and do absolutely beautiful work. The silks that aren't handwoven come from facilities our suppliers checks to make sure the artists are treated fairly. With the exception of a very small amount of laces, we work with all natural fabrics. All Solitary Pearl fabric waste is given to local artists at no cost. It helps them grow, and it helps us with our goal to be environmentally conscious.

Located just outside Cleveland, OH, you'll find corners of my work space filled with all things fabric and lace. Currently I make everything myself, but if you stick around you'll be able to be a part of my dream for expanding our reach in the community. We're working to open a studio to train single mothers in both business and creative careers while paying them living wages. We'll have high quality child care and education for their little ones right in the same space.

I love every piece of the process of this business and couldn't be happier that I get to create and be a part of it every day. Thank you for letting me share this with you!

"Go out into the world and do well. But more importantly, go out into the world and do good."

~ Minor Myers Jr.

Reviews

Have you hired this vendor?
Be the first to leave a review!

Solitary Pearl FAQ