Sound Waves DJ Entertainment

Hampton, VA · View map · Visit website

About Sound Waves DJ Entertainment

Sound Waves DJ Entertainment is a unique wedding and event DJ company based out of Hampton, Virginia. They are owned by the husband-and-wife team of Jason and Courtney Marshall, who blend event coordination with their DJ services. They promise to treat your wedding as if it was their own, ensuring you have a fun and stress-free experience. Sound Waves DJ Entertainment prides themselves on their professionalism, integrity, and ability to build personal relationships.

This full-service DJ and event coordination company offers everything you need to make your celebration a success. Jason is skilled in a variety of musical genres, and has a database of over 15 million songs. You’ll start with a pre-wedding consultation where you can discuss your musical tastes and ideas for your wedding. Courtney will then act as your event coordinator, and assist you with your day-of timeline. She’ll also oversee event setup, contact any vendors that do not arrive on time, and serve as your professional MC. She'll make key announcements and lead group dances, if you so choose. Additional services include:

• Ceremony music
  • Do-not-play list
  • Karaoke
  • Microphones
  • Sound and PA system
  • Travel expenses

Other Services
This experienced DJ and entertainment company offers a variety of lighting services to really make your reception stand out. In addition to uplighting, they also provide the following:

• Customized gobo lighting monogram
  • Dance floor lighting
  • Pin spot lighting
  • Speaker truss with accent lighting

54 Reviews for Sound Waves DJ Entertainment

54 Sound Waves DJ Entertainment Reviews

C
Featured
Craig

Married on 03/31/2018

I wish that there were a way for you, the reader, to feel how we we feel about Courtney and Jason of Sound Waves DJ Entertainment. They were BEYOND a pleasure to work with. Our wedding was on March ... Read more 31st and we booked them for day-of coordination, and that is the single best decision we made regarding our wedding.. aside from the decision to marry each other. Honestly, Courtney and Jason feel like family. They are two of the nicest, most generous, and professional people you'll ever had the chance of meeting. Every single detail was covered, and our wedding day was PERFECT because of Courtney and Jason. They are a dynamic team and will leave you feeling completely at ease with your perfect day. To give you a minor example of the level of perfectionism... I never had to visit the bar ONCE. Courtney had my cup full of whatever I needed throughout the night. Yes, this may seem minor, but that's the point - Courtney was aware of EVERYTHING - EVEN the small details like my drink level. This review will never be able to convey how absolutely happy we are with their services or how we feel about them as people. They deserve way more than a five-star rating. If you book with Sound Waves DJ Entertainment, you are booking with THE BEST. You will feel like royalty.

Janet
Janet

Married on 05/26/2019

Best Vendor Decision I made

Courtney made my wedding process as perfect as it could be. She was an amazing leader during the event itself (herding all of the cats for me), word of wisdom when I needed it, provided amazing ... Read more organization and documentation to add into my planning, and was able to make other great vendor recommendations for me. She is a shining light and I can't recommend her enough. Jason was also awesome - played great tunes, the gig builder feature to add must have songs was easy and exciting to be able to have that much say in the songs for our special day and their partnership together with music and announcement flowed so well. Courtney and Jason even spent extra hours working on an adjusted version of our wedding party entrance song so it dropped at just the right time (which they SO did not have to do, but we appreciated the extra touch). They even didn't bat an eye at all our crazy friends (and me and the groom!) who were in the pool by the end of our wedding. BOOK COURTNEY & JASON and you won't regret it!

M
Mara

Married on 05/04/2019

Stress free wedding

We used Courtney and Jason as our wedding DJ, emcee, and day of coordinator. They also owned the venue we chose, which really helped make our special day run smoothly. They were great about watching ... Read more the crowd and changing the music styles to see what the group responded to. Our guests were slow to get dancing, but with Courtney and Jason working their magic nobody left the dance floor for the rest of the night. Although Courtney was our day of coordinator, she worked with us well before the actual wedding day. She made sure everything would be organized and perfect by creating a timeline with us and helping us troubleshoot any problems. Not only did Courtney lead all the group dances to get the party going, she also took care of so many details including making sure all of our vendors were on the same page. Even as the bride, I was completely stress free the day of the wedding because of her. We know that behind the scenes our day was probably not perfect, but Courtney took care of everything so that we did not even notice a single flaw during our entire day. Our day turned out so much more perfect than we could ever have imagined, and a huge reason for that was Courtney and Jason! We can’t recommend them enough!