South Second

Milwaukee, WI · View map · Visit website

About South Second

South Second, a Saz’s Hospitality Group venue, is a uniquely designed venue located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. With historic industrial interiors, South Second provides the perfect event space to host any type of event whether it be a small, intimate rehearsal dinner or a large, bustling wedding! Couples and guests will be able to enjoy a relaxed ambiance with a large and memorable menu, providing for a one-of-a-kind night.

Facilities and Capacity
South Second can accommodate up to 275 wedding guests for cocktail receptions, 230 wedding guests for seated receptions and 150 wedding guests for ceremonies. The historic character South Second creates is one that guests will never forget.

South Second is a full-service wedding venue with on-site catering with event planning available to couples. The venue also offers additional services:

• All-inclusive packages
  • Event rentals
  • In-house bar
  • Lighting/sound

Cuisine
As a Saz’s Hospitality Group property, couples have expansive wedding catering and menu options to choose from, including buffet style, family style, hors d'oeuvres, plated style, stations, tasting, cocktail receptions and desserts.

Location
South Second is nestled in the heart of Walker's Point near Milwaukee Bay.

31 Reviews for South Second

31 South Second Reviews

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 06/08/2019

Industrial MKE wedding

We were married June 8, 2019 at South Second and what an amazing day it was! We loved the space at first sight. Everything from the Edison light bulbs to the garage doors gives off an industrial, "in ... Read more "in the city" vibe. With 175 guests in attendance, the space did not feel crowded at all. Our guests had plenty of space to move around and mingle. We had our ceremony, and then had the space "flipped" to set up for dinner. The flip happened quickly and was well organized. The food was AMAZING! Our guests cannot stop talking about how great the entire evening was. People were worried about parking due to the location being downtown, but parking was a breeze. Everyone was able to find a spot. Michelle made the entire planning process (I planned my wedding in a year) easy and enjoyable. She responds in a timely manner and keeps things on track. We are so happy to have had our wedding with our closest friends and family at South Second. The space really speaks for itself, and we loved the fact that we could minimally decorate- the space doesn't need much if anything at all! Thank you to Michelle and the Saz's team for making our day unforgettable. The entire Saz's team made sure the day ran smoothly, from the beginning all the way through to clean up at the very end. We will forever remember and cherish our special day at South Second.

Lindsey
Lindsey

Married on 05/31/2019

Highly Recommend for a Wonderful Downtown Wedding

We were married at South Second on May 31, 2019, and we are so happy that we did! We wanted our wedding day to be easy, beautiful, and fun, and that is exactly the experience that Michelle and South ... Read more Second provided. We held our ceremony on site, and afterwards it was quickly converted into a dinner/dancing space for about 200 guests. The food stations catered by Saz's were top notch- our guests raved about how great the food was and how much they had to choose from! The Saz's Festival Platter for late night food was even better than at the festivals- and VERY popular! Having guests travel from rural Wisconsin, they were worried about parking "downtown Milwaukee", but were amazed at how easy it was to street park around the venue (although we did consider renting a parking lot, it was not needed). The bridal suite was a great place to get ready, and the natural light is good for the photographer to get some nice pre-wedding photos. Our guests also loved hanging out on the patio through the garage doors! Overall, we would highly recommend South Second. Michelle was outstanding during the preparation, and was there on our wedding day to see that things went smoothly- she even made us our first drink! Thank you, South Second! Nick and Lindsey Romans

Kris
Kris

Married on 05/17/2019

Exceeded Expectations

My daughter had her wedding at South Second just this past weekend and guests still can’t stop talking about it! We worked with Michelle and she was wonderful especially the day of the wedding! She ... Read more made sure we stayed on our timeline, she found pens for people to use to sign the guestbook when we forgot them, she helped me place flowers on the cake when I was nervous and she personally delivered drinks of choice for me and my husband and the bride and groom right to our table. She floated around the room to make sure the day went perfectly! She was amazing! I can’t say enough about the atmosphere and the food. All night people came up to me saying what a cool venue South Second was and how pretty it looked. They were also impressed with the cleanliness. The bartenders and waitstaff were the best! Our guests never had to wait for food or drinks at the bar and service was given with a smile. The food was also A+! I’ve had SO many people tell me it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! My daughters wedding couldn’t have been better! Thank you Michelle and the entire staff at South Second for truly making it THE BEST DAY EVEr for my daughter and new son in law.