Southern Oaks Plantation

New Orleans, LA · View map · Visit website

About Southern Oaks Plantation

Southern Oaks Plantation is a stunning, Antebellum-style mansion wedding venue located in New Orleans, Louisiana. Set on 3-acres of beautifully manicured landscape, this opulent property provides the perfect setting for your dream wedding celebration. The dedicated event staff on-site offer specialized amenities, gourmet cuisine, and comprehensive wedding packages, aiming to provide the ultimate wedding experience for you and your guests.

Facilities and Capacity

Southern Oaks Plantation is a breathtaking venue that has been expertly renovated with wedding events in mind. Couples can create a romantic ceremony event on the luscious lawn underneath the towering ancient tree that adorns the front of the property. Nearby, a sparkling fountain provides a natural soundtrack as you say ’I do’ against the elegant backdrop of this historic venue. Southern Oaks Plantation provides the ideal location for a daytime or twilight celebration, with hundreds of string lights glittering in the surrounding landscape to create a truly magical ambiance. Your cocktail hour can be a fairytale affair when set by the serene outdoor pool and patio. Guests can mingle and take in the scenic surroundings while sipping champagne and enjoying passed hors d’oeuvres.

Indoors, this venue offers an abundance of ornate decor and elegant event spaces to host your grand reception. The beautiful ballroom features delicate crystal chandeliers, hardwood flooring, and ample picture windows that provide stunning views across the grounds.

Cuisine

Southern Oaks Plantation is passionate about pairing your special celebration with exceptional culinary fayre. Their gourmet catering team provide an artistic, hand-passed menu of hor d’oeuvres and entrees encompassing over 80 delicious dishes. Instead of limiting your selection to just a few choice dishes, Southern Oaks Plantation gives couples the freedom to incorporate a relaxed serving style that includes their entire premium cuisine to elevate your event.

The passionate professionals at Southern Oaks Plantation offer amazing amenities and styled services to turn your wedding event into an unforgettable experience. All wedding packages include exclusive use of the venue for a three-hour period, premium catering services, an open bar, private event security, expert wedding coordination, DJ services, and much more. You and your wedding party will receive VIP treatment with your package including personal attendants to the bride and groom, a private bar and lounge for the wedding party, and a private dinner for the couple-of-honor. An extensive list of wedding day enhancements is also available. These include:

• Mardi Gras-style parade

Lauren
Featured
Lauren

Married on 10/05/2012

I really don't even know where to begin. My husband and I were married at Southern Oaks on 10/5/12 and it truly was the most incredible night of my life. Southern Oaks literally thinks of ... Read more EVERYTHING--you, your bridal party, your family, and your guests won't have to worry about a thing. My main point of contact was Kyle and he was absolutely fantastic. The entire night flows perfectly; the attendants tell you exactly where to be and when and you will have a full glass and anything you can think of at your fingertips the entire night! The bride and groom, parents of the bride and groom, and bridal party all get their own personal attendants which was really great. 95% of our guests were from out of town, including us, and told us multiple times how beautiful the wedding was, how superb the service was and couldn't stop raving about the food--DELISH (yes, I got to eat at my own wedding because SOP sets up a private candlelit dinner for the bride and groom to eat for a few minutes without any interruptions!) If you can swing it, get the horse and carriage, jazz band, and photo booth-- our guests absolutely loved it! I could seriously go on and on about SOP but I'm going to stop myself. If you want to keep your sanity during the planning process, go with SOP! One stop shop and so amazingly beautiful! They really are a first class establishment and will do just about anything for you to have your perfect fairy tale wedding.

Michael
Michael Yacoub

Getting married on 04/04/2021

Southern Oaks Plantation is KING!

Stacey made our dreams come true, she is a queen at what she does and she made our dream wedding possible. We flew in from Toronto, had about 100 people fly in as well. The food was PERFECT! Venue was ... Read more PERFECT, everything was PERFECT!!! If you are in NOLA and not doing your wedding at SOP, you're doing it wrong.

T
Tommy Walker

Getting married on 03/04/2021

Absolute professionals

Very impressive. My wife and I got married here on April 27, 2019. The folks at Southern Oaks Plantation (SOP) have wedding planning and execution down to a science. From the very beginning of our ... Read more contact with them, they were professional and responsible. They assigned Lauren Burgess as the primary point of contact for our wedding and she remained attentive and friendly throughout. She seemed genuinely excited to be planning our wedding and was very easy to work with. SOP handles the majority of details for the ceremony and reception so it makes things easy on the bride and groom during the planning process. On the day of, they had individual people assigned to different roles taking care of specific people and things, and had a standardized process for preparing the bridal party for the ceremony, which was executed flawlessly. There are only two things I would do differently. During the ceremony itself I would have liked more guidance on where exactly to stand as bridge and groom...we ended up standing too far apart much of it! Secondly, we had planned a second-line during the reception and weren't advised until the week before that SOP usually doesn't do the second-lines outside. We ended up doing it outside anyway but only had two saxophones and neither of the originally requested drums, resulting in a weaker than desired sound. This was mostly just a miscommunication between SOP, the band, and us. Not a big deal; just make sure you get everyone on the same page for this early on. Everything else was honestly perfect, and I do not use that word lightly. The grounds were gorgeous, the staff courteous and attentive, the plan well thought out and executed, the reception fun, the bar easy, the food absolutely fantastic, and on and on. It was especially nice that during the reception, from start to finish, the SOP staff was constantly checking on us (bride and groom) to ensure we had everything we needed from drinks to change of clothes to even a new pair of socks! They were always respectful of our time, space, and privacy but never far when we needed them. One of the capstones for us was that the owner threw in a surprise fireworks and streamers show at the end of our ceremony! We had no idea it was coming! Many guests said our wedding was a "fairytale wedding," and they raved about the setting and food in particular. As many of them are high-performing professionals, this commentary is not frivolous or given without being earned. My wife and I would highly recommend you considering SOP for your wedding. We would choose them again in a heartbeat!