Special Event Beauty

Boston, Massachusetts · View map · Visit website

About Special Event Beauty

Special Event Beauty, a beauty and health business based in Boston, Massachusetts, has been helping brides bring out their natural beauty for over 10 years. The team is made up of licensed professionals, many of which have been with the company since it was founded. They have experience doing not only weddings, but also editorials, runway, TV and movie headshots, and much more. Regardless of where you are saying your vows in New England, they will meet with you and deliver health and beauty services to help you look and feel radiant.

Special Event Beauty boasts a team that has been specifically trained for wedding hair and makeup services. From the beginning, you will be assisted and guided by a scheduler and a coordinator. Consultations can be arranged too. There are a variety of makeup services couples and their bridal party can request, such as contour makeup, natural makeup, eye makeup, and airbrush makeup. As an special gift, you and your wedding party will receive complimentary lashes to complete your look. The team also can take care of your hair. They can start off with services like blowouts and hair extensions and then finish off your look with textured styling or an updo.

266 Reviews for Special Event Beauty

266 Special Event Beauty Reviews

Leah
Leah

Married on 06/22/2019

Simply Glam!

The Special Event Beauty team provided excellent service since my initial outreach and throughout the planning process. Rachel (hair), Tiffany (hair) and Lisa (makeup), created a calm environment in ... Read more the bridal suite on the day of the wedding and managed to keep our large group on time and dare I say, ahead of schedule! (1 bride, 8 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl and 2 moms). The group of ladies all looked stunning and the Rachel, Tiffany and Lisa enhanced everyone's natural beauty! In my initial inquiry I mentioned that I have naturally curly hair as do several of my bridesmaids and mother, so it was important we worked with a stylist that new how to work with natural curls. Rachel styled our curls perfectly and they all held in place throughout the evening. During my trial I was convinced to book their services when they told me that they want everyone to leave the room loving their look and they would be willing to make any changes if anyone was not pleased with any detail. On the day of, everyone was so pleased with their look and the stylists left enough time for touch ups to ensure everyone's styles were in tact for photos and throughout the evening. I had gone for my trial in advance of attending another wedding and I also appreciated how they changed my hair style, so I did not show up to my friends wedding in my bridal hair style. I could not recommend Special Event Beauty enough for hair/makeup services. This team knows exactly how to manage a large bridal party and accentuate and highlight natural beauty.

Kelley
Kelley

Married on 06/22/2019

Love these ladies--Special Event Beauty was great!

Hiring Special Event Beauty for my wedding in June was one of the best decisions I made for the wedding. Both Amy and Andi listened to my vision and nailed it! Andi saved my life after I was in a ... Read more panic the morning of thinking my eye allergies would ruin my makeup. Amy was able to get everyone's unique look right, and I was especially thankful that the more particular people in my wedding party were happy with their hair. My makeup didn't smudge and my hair stayed in place late into the evening when I was dancing like Animal from the Muppets! Amy and Andi were kind, professional, and very well-equipped to handle anything we threw at them.

Leslie
Leslie Kiszka

Married on 02/10/2019

I want an excuse to work with them again!

I did a very last minute hair and makeup trial with Maryanne and Rachel a month before my wedding, and they were so wonderful about it. I’d originally planned to go with another company, but my trial ... Read more with them was absolutely terrible and I needed to find someone else, fast. I’d been recommended to call Special Event Beauty, and they got me in the very next afternoon on a Sunday for my trial. I know the ladies had to rush around to make it work, and I can’t them them enough for that! Maryanne and Rachel came to The Groton Inn to do the hair and makeup of myself (the bride), my bridesmaids, my mother and soon to be mother-in-law. They showed up promptly, and even worked quickly with the inn to get a few taller chairs in our room to make their jobs easier. Everyone had a wonderful time with both of them, chatting and sharing a lot of laughs. It was the first time a few of them had ever had their hair and makeup done by someone else, and they put them at ease. Everyone loved the end results (including myself, after a bunch of little changes the day of - which they were both so wonderful about and didn’t make me feel badly for being so indecisive in the moment) and I loved working with them both - I hope that I get to do it again sometime in the future - you know, for someone else’s wedding ;)