St. James Hotel, Est. 1875

Red Wing, MN · View map · Visit website

About St. James Hotel, Est. 1875

St. James Hotel, Est. 1875 is a historic wedding venue located in Red Wing, Minnesota that will provide you with an extraordinary backdrop for your special day. This vintage venue has hosted distinctive events for over 150 years while overlooking the bluffs of the Mississippi River and the rustic rail yards that showcase the charm of the city.

Facilities and Capacity
This historic Minnesota wedding venue offers five unique settings that are perfect for any wedding size or celebration. The Victorian dining room has a grand staircase and is ideal for smaller, more intimate affairs. The Summit banquet room offers panoramic views of the river and can accommodate up to 240 guests.

New Venue

Be one of the first wedding celebrations in our newly added event space unveiled in December 2019!. A vintage design room bringing accents of the building history into the space such as stone walls, and a mix of wood and concrete floor. A charming old-world venue with a rustic organic feel. Fits up to 150 people. Be one of the first 10 couples to book the space and receive complimentary venue rental. Restrictions apply.

Our Wedding Manager at St. James Hotel, Est. 1875 is dedicated to handling all of the details of your wedding. The St. James loves celebrating the beginning of a marriage. Couples will find their planning process to be enjoyable and worry-free. Services include:

• Complimentary covered parking
  • In House Catering for your food & beverage
  • Audio and visual services
  • Fully Staffed Service
  • and more!

Cuisine
The chef at St. James Hotel offers fine culinary delights and flawless presentation that is delivered by the professional culinary team. They also have casual and gourmet dining right under their roof, providing craft cocktails and seasonal selections that are framed by traditional St. James ambience. The following is provided in their wedding menu:

• Refreshment services and beverage packages
  • Breakfast buffets - Continental, American, French
  • Plated breakfast with enhancements
  • Lunch buffets
  • Cold and hot hors d’oeuvres
  • Hearty late-night snacks
  • Plated dinners and buffets
  • Accompaniments like soups or salads
  • Dessert
  • Bar service with bartender and different brands of liquor

Accommodation
This hotel has romantic and luxurious bridal suites and gathering spaces, as well as plenty of guestrooms and suites to accommodate your guests. They offer 67 Victorian-style rooms that are each exquisitely designed and decorated. Guests may also choose from classy private suites that have a cozy river view.

79 Reviews for St. James Hotel, Est. 1875

79 St. James Hotel, Est. 1875 Reviews

Stephanie
Stephanie Grewenow

Married on 04/06/2019

Best venue ever

This venue ended up being the perfect match for me and my groom. We had half of our guest list travel from out of state and it was so convenient to have everything in the same place. The wedding sales ... Read more manager Abby is phenomenal at what she does! Super responsive and invested in making the day-of a smashing success. I am a walking billboard for this venue. I had multiple guests tell me it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding too! No regrets. If you're considering - just do it!!

Kristen
Kristen Piringer

Married on 02/09/2019

A beautiful, reasonably priced venue with great staff!!

The hotel staff, especially Abby Hanson, were super easy to work with and very responsive to our questions and needs. The meal we chose we delicious and beautifully prepared (I had multiple ... Read more compliments from guests). The historic wing was had a romantic set up. The wait staff was incredibly kind, helpful, smooth, and on top of their game. The venue itself had very reasonable pricing (especially compared to the pricing in the twin cities) and included a suite stay with a jacuzzi and a couple other gifts for us. The hotel itself has multiple restaurants in it so it's good for celebrating the night before the wedding and the morning after. We would highly recommend the St. James Hotel to anyone looking for a cozy romantic spot!

D
Daniel Johnson

Married on 01/13/2019

Cannot Speak Highly Enough

If I could go back and choose our wedding venue 100 more times I would choose the St. James Hotel every single time! I could write volumes on how great the venue is and the staff are but I would do ... Read more you a disservice if I said too much more than, just go see it and talk to them! You want to experience it for yourself. I'm sure that you will find the St. James to be absolutely fantastic. The hotel is kept up beautifully, the history is rich and the details magnificent. The diversity of spaces for your wedding cannot be matched, whether it is the gorgeous Historic Wing with library and fireplace, the intimate Laurentine, or the majestic Summit with spectacular river views, such big windows! Go see the Summit room! Go visit the St. James Hotel! I'm sure it will either become your venue or set the bar for your search and you will be so glad you went. A few details about our wedding: January 13th, 2019- Sunday Brunch Wedding. We used the Historic, Laurentine, and Summit and were delighted with all three spaces. The food was excellent. The staff was great. And the prices were fair, especially for a winter, Sunday, brunch wedding. I said I wouldn't say too much but it is easy to get carried away when speaking about the St. James Hotel. Thank you St. James Hotel! Daniel & April