Steel Penny Cakes

Mount Pleasant, PA · View map

About Steel Penny Cakes

Steel Penny Cakes is a licensed cake studio located in Norvelt, PA. From birthdays to weddings, every cake receives the same attention to detail. Everything is made fresh from scratch using tried and tested recipes. Bring us your ideas, and let us create a memorable centerpiece for your next special occasion.

Owner and cake designer, Elysia Smith, specializes in modern cake designs and hand crafted sugar flowers. Her designs have been featured in top cake decorating magazines and blogs including Grace Ormonde Wedding Style Magazine, Cake Central Magazine ( 3 features, including receiving the cover), Wedding Cakes- A Design Source, Sweet Magazine, The Cake Blog, and Cake Geek Magazine. Steel Penny Cakes is also a member of Style Me Pretty's "Little Black Book".

Steel Penny Cakes is available for weddings throughout Greensburg PA and surrounding areas, including Pittsburgh, Maryland, and West Virginia.

35 Reviews for Steel Penny Cakes

35 Steel Penny Cakes Reviews

J
Jenny

Married on 10/11/2014

Elysia is awesome. Once I found the Steel Penny website and we saw her work, we were hooked! Our Wedding was this past due Saturday 10/11/14 and the cake was outstanding. Beautiful, delicious and ... Read more guests could not stop talking about it!! Elysia is meticulous and treats each cake like it was her own. We had no worries. If you book with Steel Penny you will have no regrets!!!

User4421242

2+ years ago

Elysia was a pleasure and so very kind and accommodating.. I tried to work with some of the premier bakeries in the city but they had horrible customer service and their quality has lapsed as they get ... Read more get popular. I'm thrilled that I found steel penny on this site. My cake was beautiful, and tasted fantastic. What an artist!

V
Vanessa

Married on 08/02/2014

From the day I first saw Elysia's work online I knew I had to have her do my wedding in Pittsburgh. After searching for bakeries in the Pittsburgh area and not one bakery could do what I wanted, I ... Read more then contacted Steel Penny and asked if she would come to Pittsburgh for us! I could not be more pleased and amazed with the work that she does. She truly has a gift not only with great tasting cakes but the design of the cake was breathtaking! Everyone at the wedding was stunned and said they have never seen a cake look like that before and how beautiful it was! I cannot thank Steel Penny enough for the amazing cake we had on our wedding day!