Stephanie Uchima Events

Torrance, CA · View map

About Stephanie Uchima Events

Stephanie Uchima Events is a full-service wedding and event planning company based in Los Angeles, CA and Maui, HI.

We specialize in weddings & lifestyle celebrations {milestone birthdays, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, bar/bat mitzvahs, anniversaries, dinner parties}, destination weddings and charity / non-profit fundraising events (golf tournaments and galas).

With a business background, an eye for upcoming trends, attention to pretty details and a love for all things preppy, chic & modern, we succeed in creating event experiences that have a unique outside of the box twist on traditional style.

12 Reviews for Stephanie Uchima Events

12 Stephanie Uchima Events Reviews

User6409299

2+ years ago

I work as an Event Planner/Fundraiser professionally for a university. Because of this, I thought that I didn’t need a Wedding Planner to help me with my August wedding. When I found out my venue ... Read more required one, I choose Stephanie because I knew she’d had experience with wedding/event planning. I’m so glad I did! My wedding was smaller (90 people), but complicated. There were many different vendors coming in and out through the day and they would do certain things but not everything (i.e. bartenders came in to serve wine & beer but not set up and break everything down). My church venue also had many specific rules about what could be done and what couldn’t be done. This created a wedding with many “moving parts,” as they say, and because I was the bride, I couldn’t step out at any given moment to ensure people were doing what they are supposed to be doing. This is why I am so grateful to have had Stephanie coordinate my wedding. We met several times before the wedding and she made some changes that made the guest experience seamless the day of the wedding. She was also very organized. Before the wedding we sat down and went through an entire spreadsheet of the components of the wedding day and who would be involved in each step. Even though I do event planning, I’d never planned a wedding, so I wasn’t aware of all of the logistics that were specific to a wedding. I also felt that she communicated with each of my vendors more effectively than myself. They were very responsive to her requests—she knows the business and knows what to ask for and what is realistic. This saved time and headache. My wedding day was just as I’d envisioned! It really was a beautiful day where many things came together to create one beautiful event. She is highly recommended.

User4329095

2+ years ago

Stephanie was amazing! She made wedding planning seem easy. On multiple occasions during the wedding planning process, my fiance and I commented on how she was the best investment we made. I didn't ... Read more worry about a thing the day of because I knew she had everything under control!

C
Casey

Married on 02/15/2015

My wife and I live in California and wanted to get married in Maui, but were worried that a destination wedding would be a challenge. Stephanie made sure that wasn't the case. From day one, she was ... Read more instrumental in helping us choose locations, vendors, and everything else we needed for our wedding. As for design, Stephanie did an amazing job integrating her design expertise with a few of our DIY elements to really make the wedding feel special. And on the weekend of our wedding, she was there for us around the clock with whatever final details we needed help with. Ultimately everything went off without a hitch. We got our dream wedding and will always have Stephanie to thank for that.