Stone House of St. Charles

Saint Charles, MO · View map · Visit website

About Stone House of St. Charles

Stone House of St Charles is a historic wedding venue located in Charles, Missouri. This 10.24-acre property is a historic stone mansion with an elegant, sophisticated interior and many amenities. With romantic outdoor settings and the indoor mansion decorated with dazzling chandeliers and other luxurious decor, the venue is ideal for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies and destination weddings.

Facilities and Capacity
This venue has a maximum capacity of 400 guests. Couples may utilize the Groom's Quarters and Bridal Suite to prepare for the big day in. The Groom's Quarters comes with a variety of gaming systems, a flat screen TV and billiards table. The Bridal Suite features a large, ornate full-length mirror and plush furniture. The venue offers both a sophisticated indoor location and outdoor option with scenic views.

Stone House of St Charles provides silver Chiavari chairs for your ceremony and reception, either round or farmhouse tables for your reception, centerpiece decorations and DJ service. Setup and cleanup are also offered by the venue. Services include:

• In-house bar
  • Event rentals

Other Services
In addition to the services mentioned above, this venue is also willing to host a variety of your wedding-related events. Couples may choose to celebrate the following:

• Bridal shower
  • Elopements
  • Reception
  • Ceremony
  • Engagement party
  • Rehearsal dinner

History
This venue has a long history and is a great option for couples who’d like to start their lives as a married couple in a historic, romantic setting. It started with the War of 1812 when the Cottle family obtained the property on land grant 285 from the war. Oliver Cottle, wanting to live his dream of owning a stunning stone house, added a small house to the property to live that dream. Built on top of a hill between several sycamore trees, the house features historical, architectural charm. The conservatory was added to the house in 1903 and there is a beautiful fireplace on the wall. The oldest known photograph of the stone house features two boys and was taken in the 1930s.

4 Reviews for Stone House of St. Charles

4 Stone House of St. Charles Reviews

A
Ashley

Married on 08/24/2018

Stone House was AMAZING! I booked before the place was built and it was even more amazing than I could have imagined! Mike and Ruth were very responsive and made the day run very smoothly! With rain ... Read more in the forecast they helped create a back up plan (ceremony was planned for the pergola) and though the rain cleared the grounds were a little to muddy so we moved the ceremony to the courtyard. It was an absolutely beautiful space (the whole property is stunning) so I was not at all worried. This place is everything in one location and the DJ was included. They ran all of the audio at the ceremony and coordinated with our wedding planner to make the whole day run flawlessly.

K
Kelsey

Married on 07/21/2018

This venue was more than I could have ever imagined. My bridesmaids and I got ready in the Stone House, we had the ceremony on the patio, and the reception was held inside the Hall. It was so ... Read more convenient to have our whole day all in one beautiful place. The venue also provided almost all the decorations I used. The only thing we had to purchase were the flowers which saved me a ton of money. Also, the owners Ruth and Mike were AMAZING!! Ruth was there all day helping me with whatever I needed and taking care of anything that came up so I was able to relax and enjoy my day. I cannot talk highly enough about this place and I am so thankful that I was able to have the wedding of my dreams here.

J
Jen

Married on 03/09/2019

Gorgeous venue!

The hall is absolutely breathtaking, and both the Stone House and groom’s quarters were just as great! Mike and Ruth are extremely easy to work with. They helped organize all of our chaos. Brandon was ... Read more an excellent DJ and kept up with what we all enjoyed. I wouldn’t change anything about this venue or our day!