Studio EMP

Fullerton, CA · View map

About Studio EMP

Real Moments make Real Memories. At Studio EMP we respect your celebration and don’t want photography to be the focus of the day unless you want it to be. Our goal is to make real images; and to do that we hang back, observing you and guests acting naturally in order to capture their true expressions and interactions.

The only time we direct anyone is during the group and family photos. Our goal is to get them done in an efficient, yet fun way. During portraits of you and your new spouse, we encourage interaction and being yourselves in order for us to make images that are true to your individual personalities as well your connection to one another. We'll also make some images of you looking into the camera- variety is key!

We are constantly on the lookout for new vantage points, new ideas, new looks, new techniques to stay ahead of the pack and to make your album as unique and cool as you are.

We’re available (and love) to travel worldwide- current passports and experienced travelers. Travel at cost only!

Check out our site if this sounds like the vibe you’re going for- thanks!

66 Reviews for Studio EMP

66 Studio EMP Reviews

S
sofia

Married on 10/09/2015

Studio EMP was recommended by our wedding planner, Wendy Dahl. Joel and his assistant, Kimi, perfectly captured our wedding in Huntington Beach! We just love our photos so much, and narrowing them ... Read more down for an album is going to be tough! My husband and I were drawn to his portfolio because of the way he uses natural light to create beautiful images, enhancing the shot with a radiant glow that you couldn't achieve with photoshop. Shot after shot was gorgeous, romantic, and unique. We didn't see the same photo twice. It is easy to tell Joel and his team love what they do. They were so natural and relaxed, even faced by my large, rowdy, and often loud family. It made us feel like we were in good hands, and that confidence and ease was reflected in our photos. It can be awkward being photographed, but not in this case! We didn't feel posed or staged; we could just be ourselves. My favourite moments were the ones shot without us even knowing. You're in great, talented hands with Studio EMP. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.

J
Jaclyn

Married on 09/05/2015

Joel was amazing! The first time I met him, I knew he was the right guy for my husband and I. He (and his team) has a way of making you feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera even if you ... Read more don't like being photographed. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but there were times throughout the night where I forgot Joel and Kimi were even there! They have a way of blending in with the crowd, yet still being in the right place at the right time without getting in the way of guests. I cannot stop looking at our images from the most perfect memorable day, thanks to Studio EMP. MAHALO!

S
Samantha

Married on 08/08/2015

Joel and Lorely are absolutely beyond amazing. We hired Studio EMP for our wedding, and Joel also did an engagement photoshoot for us. He was so laid back and made both of us feel instantly at ease. ... Read more There was no awkward posing or forced smiles, we just walked around and he took some of the most amazing pictures. On the day of our wedding Joel's sense of humor put me at ease and Lorely was there to help make sure that if I needed anything (even beyond pictures like water, holding my dress, etc.). Their pictures are absolutely breathtaking, everyone that sees them are convinced they are out of a magazine. I am so happy we splurged a bit on photography and hired them because they made our day so special.