Sugar Hollow Retreat

Butler, TN · View map · Visit website

About Sugar Hollow Retreat

Placed snugly within the majestic mountains of Northeastern Tennessee - is the Sugar Hollow Retreat. The Appalachians’ most prized possession! This hidden gem offers 300 acres of the most serene wildlife and serves as a breathtaking backdrop for your special occasion.

We take pride in creating a romantic environment, perfectly suited to capture your timeless moment. With plenty of great ceremony locations to choose from, Sugar Hollow can give you the flexibility to create your own experience. Our packages include the ability to sleep up to 60 people, and with our unique guest payment system, we are an affordable destination wedding venue that can host an unforgettable experience.

Sugar Hollow Retreat provides several ‘sweet spots’ for your DREAM WEDDING:

Overlook Deck - Ideal for small, intimate weddings, the Overlook Deck provides space for you and up to 125 of your guests. Nothing says ‘dream wedding’ like reciting your vows over the sparkling waters of Watauga Lake.

Amphitheater - For larger weddings, the amphitheater provides space for you and up to 250 of your guests. If you're looking for epic mountain views, this is your spot!

The Barn - If you’re trying for that rustic wedding look, our Barn just outside the Chestnut Farmhouse is exactly what you’re looking for. Place some towels on the soft grass or line up some chairs; it’s a perfect spot if you’re coming to Sugar Hollow for a complete nature-infused experience.

The Love Meadow - Surrounded by wondrous wildlife, our Love Meadow (located just behind the Lodge) is a beautiful meadow covered in moss to host your stunning wedding. If you’re looking to be surrounded by nature and love the smell of fresh greens, this is the place for you. It can comfortably seat upwards of 80 guests, and it makes a perfect spot for some breathtaking wedding photos.

The Lodge Backyard - Our Backyard provides a beautiful patch of green grass, surrounded by majestic woods for you to host your stunning wedding. It can comfortably seat upwards of 200 guests.

Conference Center - For a cozy ceremony, the Conference Center makes for an excellent location - offering ten tables and seating up to 100 people. The fully heated and air-conditioned facility provides you with everything you need for a simple, genuine wedding.

See what “majestic” looks like: https://sugarhollowretreat.com/gallery/

Our wedding guests find that the elegance of Sugar Hollow fits perfectly with the beauty of marriage. Weddings at Sugar Hollow have been described as "personal and romantic" - reminding us all of the importance of spending such occasions surrounded by nature and loved ones.

21 Reviews for Sugar Hollow Retreat

21 Sugar Hollow Retreat Reviews

J
Featured
Jacquelyn Wilcox

Married on 06/22/2019

💗 Sacred mountain sanctuary 💗

I cannot begin to imagine a more wonderful wedding weekend. This past weekend blew away anything I ever could have dreamt all thanks to Kaleigh Hackfeld, the property’s wedding planner. My husband and ... Read more and I both have full time jobs that require a good deal of our attention and a 3 year old son, therefore we wanted something fun but struggled finding the time to plan. Thank the heavens for Kaleigh and the team at Sugar Hollow. I trusted her and she delivered like I never could have imagined. The decorations, the setting, the timeline...she heard every request and made it a priority. I was relaxed and beyond thrilled all weekend and all of our guests raved about the venue and how special it was. It was so beautiful and Sugar Hollow made it look easy and effortless. We are so grateful for the best weekend of our lives and look forward to reliving it over and over on video.

Mallorie
Mallorie

Married on 07/06/2019

AMAZING! The scenery is a dream in itself and the wedding planner is equally a dream.

Not only is the venue STUNNING, but the wedding planner Kaleigh is amazing. She made my dreams for a wedding come true. She is so full of joy and not only does she just plan a wedding but she invests ... Read more in her work and truly cares. The atmosphere of Sugar Hollow Retreat is one I could be apart of forever. It truly is breathtaking. Thanks Sugar Hollow!

E
emily

Married on 10/13/2018

I love sugar hollow!

If i could spend every day at Sugar Hollow Retreat I would. I've been as a wedding guest and a bride, and it is an amazing venue with a multitude of locations for ceremony, reception, and even ... Read more rehearsal dinners. We had our rehearsal dinner at the amphitheater with a band, the ceremony at the overlook, and the reception at the lodge. Most of our guests were able to stay on site at the various camping sites or in the cabins/lodge. The views are stunning and the rustic decor was exactly what we were looking for in an weekend wedding retreat with all our family and friends. The venue is very private set in an amazing mountain setting with a view of the lake. Marty is amazing at helping during the wedding planing process and is superb at taking care of the property. We love Sugar Hollow and hope to spend more weekend anniversaries there in the future.