Sugarcane Sewing Studios

Asheville, North Carolina · View map · Visit website

About Sugarcane Sewing Studios

Sugarcane Sewing Studios is an Asheville-based sewing company that offers custom sewing, alterations, and pattern making. No matter the style or origin of the dress, Sugarcane Sewing Studios understands that a perfectly fit dress means you can comfortably and confidently walk down the aisle and dance on the dancefloor with ease.

Designs Offered
With an average turn-around time of 2-3 months, Sugarcane Sewing Studios is able to take your dream garment and make it perfect for you. Whether you bought your dress online, found a vintage dress at a trunk sale, or were gifted your grandmother's wedding dress, Sugarcane Sewing Studios prides itself on taking any garment and making it perfect for you and your style. Sugarcane Sewing Studios can do anything from remaking a vintage dress to simply adding a personal touch to the dress you bought in the bridal salon. Sugarcane Sewing Studios offers bridal alterations, custom dressmaking, vintage re-makes, tailoring, and handmade accessories. This sewing studio can even make a custom wedding veil to perfectly compliment your gown, jumpsuit, or whatever your wedding day garment may be.

69 Reviews for Sugarcane Sewing Studios

69 Sugarcane Sewing Studios Reviews

S
Featured
Sarah

Married on 06/09/2018

I never expected my bridal dress fittings to be one of the most pleasant parts of the wedding planning process, but Tara made it a dream. I ran a half marathon two weeks before my wedding, and was ... Read more constantly losing weight throughout the training process because of the mileage I was running. This stressed me out because I didn't want my dress to be loose as a result. Tara was calm and confident that it would be perfect, and she was so diligent about planning fittings throughout my training process to ensure a great fit. Tara is a true professional, extremely talented, endlessly patient, kind, and just a great person to have a conversation with. My dress was backless which meant I couldn't wear a bra, and my worst nightmare was having a wardrobe malfunction on the dance floor. As you can see from the photos, Tara made sure I was secure and able to dance the night away without having the slightest worry of an unexpected show. My dress also had some pretty intense layers of tulle going on, and bustling it was a bear. Tara figured it all out, we took a video of her demonstrating the bustling process, and we whipped it out on the wedding day to help guide us through the bustling process. Seriously, Tara is the best. If you are looking for a tailor, look no further. You will be so happy you made the decision to work with her! I know I am!

E
Erika Berger

Getting married on 08/31/2019

Incredible wedding dress alterations

Tara and her amazing staff at Sugarcane did an outstanding job with altering and fitting my wedding dress to perfection. They are literal magicians who made a massive dress fit my body comfortably and ... Read more beautifully. I felt at ease and at home communicating with Tara about the stress. She welcomed my sister into an appointment and was so open about taking all our feedback. Tara made suggestions I did not even think were possible for this dress. Work with Tara and Sugarcane- you will be very impressed.

I
Kitty

Getting married on 08/17/2019

Relinquish all your wedding alteration fears—Tara and her crew are here

It was a pleasure working with Tara and her team and the new space is beautiful. I’ve already sent brides her way that have nothing but wonderful things to say. My dress fit perfect and was ... Read more complicated to bustle, but Tara came up with a creative solution that made the whole look perfect.