Superlative Events

Purcellville, District of Columbia · View map · Visit website

About Superlative Events

Superlative Events - Lighting, Decor, Entertainment and Planning specializes in lighting and design for weddings in Northern Virginia. Since 1999, the Superlative Events team has been dedicated to creating an unique and memorable experience for couples. They tailor their services by incorporating family traditions and creating an atmosphere that reflects every couple's style. Additionally, Superlative Events will work with you and your venue to cover any eye-sores or blemishes that don’t quite fit with your wedding decor.

Products Offered
Superlative Events offers an array of products and lighting techniques and a few different wedding packages to choose from, depending on what you are looking for. They also offer decor items, including piping and draping, carpets, chairs, and stanchions. The lighting options they offer include:

• Uplighting
  • Texture lighting
  • Pin spot lighting
  • Hang lighting
  • Monogram lighting
  • Starry sky effects

Other Services
In addition to lighting and decor designs, Superlative Events offers many other wedding related services and rentals to couples. They have an extensive list of DJ services that include setup, delivery, cleanup, and equipment. Superlative Events also offers the following services:

• Wedding planning

Victoria
Featured
Victoria

Married on 11/18/2011

Brian King at Superlative Events was a fantastic DJ! DJs have such a bad reputation for being cheesy, loud, etc. , but Brian was exactly the opposite. Not only does Brian have great taste in music - ... Read more the breadth and depth of his music choices show no boundaries. He is a true music lover, but not a music snob in that he caters the evening's choices to your taste and style with no questions asked. Several of our guests commented that he was the best wedding DJ they ever heard! We had a small wedding, and I was afraid that no one would dance, but people danced up until the end when they proceeded to ask poor Brian to continue to play. Not only is Brian a true master at his craft, he also served as almost an unofficial wedding coordinator - working behind the scenes with our reception location and other vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly, and making sure that the evening stayed on track with all of the different pieces (speeches, dances, cake cutting, etc.) It's easy to get swept up with the guests, but Brian made sure everythign ran smoothly. I didn't have to worry about anything with Brian - if anything, he went above and beyond to help make our event seamless and perfect. I would highly recommend Brian as a vendor. After the ceremony, all I wanted to do was dance to good music without having to worry about reception details. Brian made it happen.

Beth
Beth

Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing & beautiful wedding lighting & sound!

Brian & Superlative Events was absolutely AMAZING! For our outdoor/Marquis Tent Wedding in November 2018, we used them for our Lighting, Sounds, and DJ Services. We couldn’t be happier with how ... Read more everything turned out. During the initial consultation, Brian was incredibly knowledgeable and answered all of the wedding related questions that we had. He was also able to give us some great advice and helpful recommendations given his previous experience working with numerous weddings. Brian was very creative and paid so much attention to detail with every aspect of our wedding. The sound during the ceremony was crisp. I can’t tell you how many people came up later on, and said that they could hear absolutely everything even though it may have been difficult to see everything. We had a wedding of 300 people outdoors, so it can be difficult at times, but Brian was able to accommodate and appease everyone. For the reception, music was pumping, and Brian situated the speakers in a way that didn’t take focus away from the wedding décor. He had a variety of songs that entertained and appealed to the crowd. The place was bumpin’ when it was time to party!! In addition to that, Brian did our LIGHTING as well. Our wedding was freakin’ BEAUTIFUL!!! He LIT that thing up! The pin lighting on our Flower centerpieces at each table looked classy and glamourous. Our Marquis Tent was bright and caught everyone’s attention. He adjusted the lighting during the dinner, speeches, and the reception to accommodate for the mood. Brian has a great sense of judgment to adjust to the mood of the environment. Totally worth having the lighting as it brings so much more attention to detail, emphasizes, and highlights everything during your special wedding day. Aside from being incredibly professional, He was fun, energetic, accommodating, and made us feel super comfortable. Would 110% recommend Brian & Superlative Events for any future events. They helped make our WEDDING DAY something that was BEAUTIFUL and UNFORGETTABLE!!! Thanks BRIAN!!!

D
Diane

Married on 09/08/2018

Superlative Events GoBo lighting was a HIT at my wedding on September 8, 2018! I kind of dropped the ball and didn't sent over the initial design I wanted until 2 days before the event, and Brian was ... Read more SPOT ON...in sending me emails to let me know they understood and ensured me we would have the GoBo before the event!!! The box arrived on Friday in time for my DJ to review the "CLEAR" directions for my wedding the next day. The GoBo added an extra special touch to a FABULOUS day!! Thanks again TEAM Superlative Events....