Tall Timber Barn

Mountainhome, PA · View map · Visit website

About Tall Timber Barn

Tall Timber Barn is a rustic wedding venue located in Canadensis, Pennsylvania, near Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. Set in the middle of a forest of tall pines and oaks, the quaint venue is in 20-acre forest. It is ideal for couples interested in a simple, intimate wedding, offering the dense, green forest as a backdrop for photos.

Facility and Capacity

Tall Timber Barn hosts just one wedding per week.... It is an entirely private venue built in the middle of the woods. With a grand entrance adorned with stately stone pillars topped with gas lanterns, off a country road, you immediately feel that you've happened upon something very special....

Tall Timber Barn can host up 115 guests.. Just off the barn porch is the "Train Station" Pavilion in the Pines, a beautifully designed dining space. Set in the forest, Pavilion in the Pines is a dining space for guests, giving the feeling of dining in a treehouse. Chapel in the Pines, ideal for ceremonies, is located close to the barn. The site is fully shaded, with sunlight filtering through the leaves. The venue is seasonal, with limited availability during summer and fall months.

Tall Timber Barn provides in-house catering services with a variety of menu options. It also provides wedding planning services and professional, uniformed staff for catering services. Its services include:

• Event planning
  • Day of Wedding Coordination
  • Lighting
  • 15-person bar in barn (although couples provide liquor/beer/wine) TTB bartender sets up bar
  • Tables & chairs pub tables/Old Hickory bar stools

A
Alexandra

Married on 10/13/2018

It was all a dream.

Its hard to find words to describe something so beautiful and perfect. Every time I find myself talking about my wedding, I just say it was all a dream. It really was my dream come true. The first ... Read more first time I saw Tall Timber Barn I gasped and my eyes teared up as I immediately knew my venue search was over. Every meeting/visit took my breath away when I saw the location again. I was blown away on my wedding day. Mia was so wonderful to work with, she made my dreams a reality. Everything was amazing and beautiful. Almost all my guests said it was the best wedding they've every been to, and I surely agree!

P
Pam

Married on 07/21/2018

I cannot express enough how much we loved Tall Timber for our daughters wedding! Mia was so wonderful and peaceful to work with, my daughter felt at ease from the first meeting! We never once ... Read more worried if something would “fall through the cracks” or not be taken care of! The grounds are AMAZING!!! We even had a bit of rain midway through the reception but it added to the beauty and no one skipped a beat!!! Many of our family and friends commented that it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they’ve attended. I believe the elegant, casual but classy feel of the Tall Timber has a huge part in forming those opinions!!! Have your event at Tall Timber!!! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

K
Katie

Married on 10/01/2016

Mia and Ralph at the Tall Timber Barn made our wedding day absolutely magical! From the first time we met, they made us feel like family and helped us throughout the entire planning process. They ... Read more recommended fantastic local vendors and added personal touches to make the space and the wedding like a dream come true. The Tall Timber Barn as a venue is one of a kind and all of our guests talked about the natural beauty and fluidity of the space for months after our wedding. If you're looking for a unique venue that you will never forget, you've found it! It's also important to note that the Tall Timber Barn is beautiful in any weather! It rained the entire weekend of our wedding and Mia and her staff went out of their way to make our ceremony and reception a cozy affair in the barn by the fire. Our guests still remind us about how beautiful our ceremony was! Rain can be scary when planning a wedding, but know that Mia and Ralph are committed to making your day special no matter what!