Tanja Nixx Photography

San Francisco, CA · View map · Visit website

About Tanja Nixx Photography

Tanja Nixx Photography is a wedding photography business based in San Francisco, California. She will capture your wedding as though it were a Hollywood film! Tanja has been an artist for over 20 years. From tattooing to painting, she has the eye for artistic quality and loves getting creative with her clients. She’ll utilize sunlight and architecture to offer you stunning and glamorous photos of your big day. You’ll remember your wedding day just the way it was with her photography skills!

Tanja Nixx has been passionate about photography since she was 18 years old and has come back to it, to bring out the best in people.

I like making people feel great and beautiful. Wedding photography is very creative. If you need to plan and your are confused about the itinerary of your wedding, I am there to help.

The wedding details is one of the first things I shoot when I enter the bridal suite. I gather the rings, garter, jewelry and anything that is important to the couple and the magic begins. I get to create artistic detail shots, using reflecting surfaces, flowers and anything related to the wedding. With the light from a window I shoot away with my 100mm macro lens. I also like to use this lens to capture close-up shots of the bride getting her make-up done.

When the couple gets dressed, I place them by the window and use natural light. I also use flash when needed, but regulate it as fill flash, to keep the ambience.

The ceremony I approach photojournalistic. I follow the couple around without intruding, leaving enough space using my 24-70mm and 70-200mm.

I tell the couple in advance to make a family-shot-list, so we won’t forget anybody. The couple then gets to take the portraits.

Playing with light and finding the best location, even in mid-day is exciting. l look for back-light and shade to make the couple look the glamorous and beautiful. I encourage the couple to go out for a sunset shot, if time permits. I love using my 70-200mm for nice close-ups, but also have a variety of other lenses to choose from. My 35mm makes nice environmental shots.

For the receptions I have a great set-up of several flashes to give texture to my party-photos. With slow shutter speed and flash I can create motion around the couple.

As a result you will have a great memories of your special day when you get my email that your photos are ready and your album is in the mail.

Tanja Nixx Photography offers impeccable service to her clients and loves getting to know their styles and personalities. Her services include:

• Additional hours
  • Trash-the-dress shoot
  • Wedding portraits
  • Studio Portraits

Other Services
She also offers a handful of other wonderful photography items. Her services offer:

• Albums

D
Featured
David

Married on 05/14/2015

I Can't say enough about Tanja. She is an amazing photographer. She is passionate, professional, unobtrusive yet great at directing. Tanja did both my engagement and wedding fotos. Totally ... Read more outstanding. She worked with our vision but also gave insight and suggestions as to how the camera sees things. She gets it. I do alot of professional food events and will hire Tanja for all of them. The best pictures were the ones Tanja posed us in.

E
Erika Padron

Married on 01/18/2019

Phenomenal

She is the most phenomenal photographer I've ever encountered. If you want somebody down-to-earth and humble and who truly enjoys her job, then she is the one. It was great working wih you. Thank you ... Read more Tanja!

L
Lois

Married on 10/20/2018

Especially Great Candid Shots

Tanja was great to work with - flexible and accommodating. Our favorite photos of the day were the candid ones from the wedding and reception. I'm amazed at the number of photos that she took, as one ... Read more one didn't even realize that she was taking them! She blended in beautifully though out the whole event, taking photos at perfect moments. Everyone was appreciative of her approach and style. Thanks, Tanja!