Terrace View by the James

Lynchburg, VA · View map

About Terrace View by the James

Terrace View by the James is located on the 8th floor of the Bank of the James building overlooking historic downtown Lynchburg, VA. The Terrace is the only roof top wedding venue allowing guests to expereince an indoor or outdoor event while overlooking the city. Terrace View can accommodate 220 seated and 300 cocktail staff and has an experienced staff available for event consultation and planning.

2 Reviews for Terrace View by the James

2 Terrace View by the James Reviews

T
Tiana

Married on 08/24/2013

Best view of Lynchburg with the mix of the downtown building and the beautiful mountains. The staff were great to all out guest during the wedding, as well. Read more Best view of Lynchburg with the mix of the downtown building and the beautiful mountains. The staff were great to all out guest during the wedding, as well.

K
Katelyn

Married on 07/07/2018

2.0

I recently had my wedding here and although the venue was beautiful, we were not satisfied with the service that we received. When we first met with the coordinator (Kim Jennings) she was nice and ... Read more polite and seemed like a genuine person. It was only after we signed the contract that she started to act very unprofessional. She would not respond to my emails for days and sometimes even weeks. I was the one that was constantly having to reach out to her because she did not tell me what needed to be done. For example, she gave us a list of vendors to choose from so we picked them and told her which ones we were going with and she never told us that we were the ones that were supposed to get in contact with the vendors. She also explained to me when we met that the reception covered a one night stay at the Craddock Terry Hotel. Since she did not tell me that I was supposed to make the reservation and did not tell me how the payment would be handled, the coordinator asked me on my wedding day where we would be staying that night. I told her that I thought they covered a one night stay. She then proceeded to tell me that I was the one that was supposed to make the reservation and she claimed that she sent me the gift certificate via email months ago, which she never did. So, on my wedding day, we had to call and make a reservation, luckily the hotel had an extra room for us. Also, we paid a lot of money on the food for our wedding, especially since we decided to have two entrees and instead of asking us what to do with the leftovers after the wedding they donated it without our permission. I called the coordinator the night of my wedding asking if we could have the food that was leftover so that we could give it to our families that traveled a very long way to come to the wedding and she told me it had already been donated. I even emailed the caterer asking what happened to all of our food and days after our wedding she has yet to respond.

Terrace View by the James FAQ