The Alexandria Ballrooms

Los Angeles, CA · View map · Visit website

About The Alexandria Ballrooms

The Alexandria Ballrooms is a historic wedding venue located in Los Angeles, California. With three fully restored ballrooms, iconic vintage detail, and past clients including presidents, dignitaries, and Hollywood royalty, The Alexandria Ballrooms is dedicated to making your wedding a lively and luxurious success.

Facilities and Capacity
The Alexandria Ballrooms offers three ballrooms: Palm Court, King Edward, and The Mezz. Palm Court features high ceilings, original chandeliers, and Tiffany skylights, and comfortably accommodates 250 guests for seated receptions and 500 for standing receptions. A cocktail lounge is located outside of the ballroom and provides a built-in bar and a private grand entrance hall. King Edward accommodates up to 400 guests for standing receptions, and features gold leaf ceilings, crystal chandeliers, tall windows, a skylight-laden balcony terrace, and a romantic fireplace. The largest ballroom, The Mezz, includes over 14,000 square feet of space and accommodates up to 500 guests. Guests of The Mezz enjoy exposed brick walls, candle-light iron beams, and a luxurious marble staircase.

The Alexandria Ballrooms is a rental-only venue, and provides an on-site representative to aid in the planning and coordination of all weddings. For combined ceremony and reception rentals, access to the venue is provided for up to fourteen hours. For reception-only weddings, access is provided for up to twelve hours. Additional hours are possible for a fee. Ballrooms can be combined for larger weddings. All outside vendors, caterers, and bartenders are welcome, though a list of recommended vendors can be provided upon request. No on-site cooking is allowed. Vendors must be licensed and insured. Tables, chairs, cocktail tables, and stools are complimentary depending on availability. A private kitchen and bar area are provided. The bridal getting ready room features a lounge area and a private restroom with a shower, tub, double sink, and vanity. The groom’s loft-style getting ready room includes vintage couches, lovely windows, and a vanity mirror. Corkage Fees apply. All areas are wheelchair accessible. Both valet and self-parking options are available. Dance floor rentals and security guard hires are required.

History
First established in 1906, The Alexandria Ballrooms has hosted numerous celebrities, politicians, and glamorous events. Winston Churchill, King Edward VIII, William Howard Taft, Theodore Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan have all attended or hosted events in The Alexandria Ballrooms, and Charlie Chaplin’s wedding ceremony was held there. The Alexandria Ballrooms has since been featured in Vogue and used by such celebrities as Natalie Portman, Beyonce, Pharrell, Nick Jonas, and Nicki Minaj. The Alexandria Ballrooms was designated a City of Los Angeles Historical Cultural Monument in 1971.

4 Reviews for The Alexandria Ballrooms

4 The Alexandria Ballrooms Reviews

A
Angela

Married on 04/28/2018

My experience getting married here at The Alexandria Ballrooms was more than I could have ever dreamed of. Needless to say, the venue is just absolutely stunning, a hidden gem. For me, it was more ... Read more about the experience itself. I didn't have a full-on planner, although with Jemma's many suggestions Jen So with Campfire Events was so amazing for my day of services campfire-events.com .. Jemma helped me find her along with a few other vendors listed on the preferred vendor list. She always is such a pleasure to speak to and is so responsive, unlike other venues I was initially looking at. Just her service alone was what truly made my experience. I will truly miss working with her.

E
Ellisa

Married on 08/04/2018

4.3

Great venue. Table and chairs are provided. Staff was helpful. Requires a COI from bride and groom and all vendors. Required to use venues security and cleaning vendors. Read more Great venue. Table and chairs are provided. Staff was helpful. Requires a COI from bride and groom and all vendors. Required to use venues security and cleaning vendors.

M
Morgan

Married on 11/05/2016

3.8

It was actually my mom who came across this venue during an online search. My fiancé and I were looking for a space where we could bring in our own vendors (caterer, band, flowers etc. ) I had a really ... Read more difficult time finding a venue because I was looking for something different. We were both born and raised in LA so we really were intrigued with having a wedding in DTLA and it was a bonus being indoors since I did not want a beach wedding ( not good for my hair). This venue is unique and has a lot of bonuses however, trying to deal with the managers of the venue during the planning stage was not easy. They changed their minds a lot on contract information, were late to meetings or double booked meetings so we felt rushed. If it wasn't for the venue being so incredible I don't know if I would have put up with them so much. I really hope they can find synchronization in management in the new year as The Alexandria Ballrooms is stunning and provides a wow factor! The event manager himself told me my wedding was the best he ever worked. I have high hopes for this newly renovated DTLA venue and looking forward to seeing them become even more successful!