The Andover Inn

Andover, Massachusetts · View map

About The Andover Inn

Built in 1930, The Andover Inn is registered with the National Register of Historic Inns and located about 25 miles north of Boston on the 500-acre campus of Phillips Academy, one of the oldest private secondary boarding schools in the United States.

The Andover Inn offers an elegant atmosphere for rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, wedding ceremonies and receptions for up to 50 people. The Inn has 30 overnight guestrooms, three private function rooms, and its signature restaurant, Samuel's. A stylish tent capable of seating 175 people can be set on the back lawn for formal events from mid-June through August.

The Inn's elegant ambiance and secluded setting create the perfect venue for memorable weddings, parties, and celebrations or as a special destination for a leisure getaway. With easy access to major highways I-495 and I-93, The Andover Inn is ideally located in Andover, Massachusetts and just 30 minutes from downtown Boston.

20 Reviews for The Andover Inn

20 The Andover Inn Reviews

Nancy
Nancy

Married on 07/06/2019

Above and beyond

From the day I walked in to view the venue, to the other day when I went to pick up my decorations a week later, every single person was always so welcoming and made me/us feel like ours was the only ... Read more wedding this year. Megan went above and beyond decorating, all based off a picture and detailed emails! She made sure everything went accordingly, even kept a close eye on the weather and made a quick switch when it had to move indoors. The staff at the Andover Inn worked great as a team and I would recommend their facility to anyone, from small parties, weddings, a nice dinner or lunch at their restaurant to a nice stay on an even more beautiful campus, tucked right in with Philip's Academy. Easy to get to and very "homey".

K
KATELYN

Married on 07/01/2016

I just had my wedding reception in a tent of 160 people at the Andover Inn in Andover MA two weeks ago. Our wedding was perfect from start to finish. Our wedding coordinator, Katie O'Neil, went above ... Read more and beyond for the past year and half to make our wedding perfect. We stuck to the New England feel of the venue, and it was gorgeous! The employees at the Inn went above and beyond for the set up and "unlimited votive candles"! It was amazing. We chose to have a buffet dinner, and it went so smooth. Everyone kept coming up to me during the wedding stating how well the food was and how much they enjoy the atmosphere of the venue. We were able to book and fill all 30 rooms at the Inn, and each guest said they were super impressed with the Andover Inn rooms. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a new England feel wedding, with classy employees and maybe the best wedding coordinator around!

D
Denisse

Married on 11/22/2015

We recently had our ceremony and reception at the Andover Inn and had the pleasure of working with Katie O’Neil and her wonderful staff! From the moment I reached out to Andover Inn to see if they ... Read more could accommodate an intimate ceremony and reception for 20 guests Katie was determined to make it the most memorable experience. Even though the Philips Room which has a beautiful fireplace was not available from 4PM-6PM which meant we had to use the Steven’s Room for our ceremony Katie came up with a plan to transition into the lounge at Samuel’s for cocktail after the ceremony. While our guests enjoyed some amazing drinks and hors d’oeuvre’s her team worked to flip the Philips Room and have it ready by 6:30pm for dinner. Everything worked out perfectly and on schedule. Her team was so attentive, courteous, and professional the whole night, my guests still rave about them and the food of course! From the beginning Katie was there every step of the way from preparing the ceremony room on Saturday night to have ready the next day to working with my JP and photographer to make sure everything came out as planned. She even checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I was calm and stress free. Her warm and friendly nature make it a pleasure to be around her. I will forever remember our special day and I have to give credit to Katie and her team for making it truly magical.