The Athletic Club of Columbus

Columbus, OH · View map · Visit website

About The Athletic Club of Columbus

Facilities and Capacity
This Spanish Renaissance-style clubhouse is able to accommodate up to 300 guests for your wedding day. Decorating the ballroom are hand-crafted ceilings, crystal chandeliers and floor-to ceiling windows that provide extraordinary views of the Columbus skyline.

History
The Athletic Club of Columbus was founded in 1912 by a business professional who promoted social and athletic endeavors. In 2011, the Club was put on the National Register of Historic Places.

Location
This venue is centrally located in the uptown district of Columbus near The Ohio Statehouse and Ohio Theater. You will be immersed in the city, within walking distance of several hotels, restaurants and top businesses.

42 Reviews for The Athletic Club of Columbus

42 The Athletic Club of Columbus Reviews

Tanner
Featured
Tanner

Married on 02/23/2019

Our ACC dream wedding!

We had our ceremony and reception at the Athletic Club and it was a dream. They are experts at what they do and the presentation, organization and attention to detail showed all day long! Our guests ... Read more had nothing but great things things to say about their experience - everyone loved the food, venue, and bartenders! The coordinator that we worked with was Lisa and she was great. She responded to approximately one million emails with patience and helpful answers! She helped us with some special requests in the planning process and the day of she was there making sure things with our vendors and our timeline ran perfectly. We could just enjoy our day because the details were in good hands!

T
Teresa

Married on 07/14/2018

Just walking into the Athletic Club of Columbus you get the sense of what a top notch venue it is. Lisa Sullivan, the Event Manager, was amazing, as were the staff that assisted us. Lisa had so many ... Read more good ideas and suggestions. She is kind, personable and made us feel at ease. Her attention to detail and deadlines kept us on track. The food was great and perfectly cooked, which is not expected at most weddings, and the bartenders, waiters and staff kept up with demand, we had 157 guests. The butler passed appetizers and wine at cocktail hour which our guests appreciated. Thom, the banquet manager, made sure that I, as mother of the bride, did not want for anything the day of, and that everything ran smoothly. The dining room was so beautiful. The venue is just gorgeous, so it really saved on floral costs. You don't need a lot of decorations. It oozes charm and sophistication. The place speaks for itself. Our daughter and her friends stayed in the six suites they have and that's where we all had our hair and make up done. My daughter and son-in-law (did I just say son-in-law) chose The Athletic Club of Columbus after looking at 7 venues. What sold them, and me, was the the elegance and beauty of the club, AND the amazing bowling alley downstairs that we used for the after party. What a hit that was for our guests. Darrell, the bowling alley manager, was very attentive, personable and very helpful. They even provided a security guard to walk folks to their cars or hotels. Very thoughtful. Plus, you can get a block of hotel rooms within walking distance. I can't recommend The Athletic Club of Columbus more highly. If I could give it 10 stars I would. I don't have pictures from our photographer yet, but when I do I hope to add them, as the venue is a beautiful backdrop. Teresa Holland

B
Barrie

Married on 05/19/2018

Awesome is an understatement. Book now, you will never regret it. We didn't and are still hpgetting rave reviews for the attendees. Read more Awesome is an understatement. Book now, you will never regret it. We didn't and are still hpgetting rave reviews for the attendees.