The B.O.B

Grand Rapids, MI · View map · Visit website

About The B.O.B

The B.O.B is a wedding and event venue in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The B.O.B or Big Old Building is a flexible space in downtown Grand Rapids. The building is 70,000 square feet, four stories tall, and made of beautiful red bricks.

Facilities and Capacity
Eve is a posh event space with seating for 125 guests. You and your wedding party enter above the crowd on a dramatically lit walkway and through a glass entrance. Eve features a central bar, little coves and corners for privacy, a large dance floor, DJ booth, energetic lighting, and modern furnishings.

L3vel is located on the third floor of The B.O.B and is a great space for large weddings and celebrations. It has an industrial warehouse feel and can accommodate 300 guests. L3vel features two smaller rooms. The East Room can be used separately for smaller parties and for large events while the Alcove is an additional space that offers soft seating and a private entertainment area.

H.O.M.E., the House of Music & Entertainment, is a casual space with rustic and warehouse vibes. The space features two large bars, a dance floor, stage with lighting, audio and visual capabilities, and an outdoor patio. H.O.M.E. can accommodate 200 guests, perfect for your cocktail hour!

The B.O.B can host your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, engagement party, showers and other wedding events. They offer bar and catering services, event planners, event rentals, lighting and sound, set up and clean up. Their event items include AV equipment, chairs, dance floors, decor, furniture, tables, barware, china, flatware, glassware and linens. Their team of event specialists work closely with you to plan every detail of your big day. They take care of all your needs to execute a flawless event that will surpass your expectations.

Cuisine
The B.O.B. offers bar and catering services for all your wedding events. They have menus for appetizers, plated meals, buffets, BBQ, desserts, breakfast, lunch, and drinks. Their catering team helps you create custom menus with food items, desserts and drinks that all pair well together. Their bar and catering services include:

• Bartenders
  • Cash, limited and open bar
  • Champagne toast
  • House beer, wine and liquor
  • Signature drinks

R
Featured
Rachael

Married on 10/10/2015

I loved having my wedding at the B.O.B. We had our reception at the Top of the B.O.B. (3rd floor) and it was more than enough room for our 150 guests. The manager, Carolyn, was extremely helpful and ... Read more accommodating to our every need. She was so prompt in returning emails and calls. We even had to change the number of guests <24 hours before our wedding date and she still arranged for that. The food at the BOB is delicious. I highly recommend the gouda potatoes!! But everything we had (buffet style) was yummy, and they helped move all our guests through the buffet quickly and efficiently. They even boxed up food for us to take home later! I can't imagine a venue that could have been better for my wedding, and best of all, the value for what we paid was amazing! I couldn't believe that I could have my dream wedding at such a reasonable price. It made me very grateful. I highly recommend the BOB!

William
William

Married on 05/26/2012

Everything was so good! We loved working with the staff here, and Charlie was the best event manager we could have asked for! He even had some of the leftover food boxed up for us to take with us ... Read more after the wedding!

A
Ashley

Married on 08/13/2011

We had our reception at EVE in the BOB. It was a combination of contemporary elegance. Gilmore Collection did a wonderful job of accomodating our ever request to make our day perfect. The wait staff ... Read more was personable and attentive. The food turned out fantastic and guests have raved!