The Barn at Kline's Mill

Linville, VA · View map · Visit website

About The Barn at Kline's Mill

A farm-style wedding venue in Linville, Virginia, The Barn at Kline's Mill offers couples the perfect mix of rustic romance and casual elegance. The venue features an array of visually appealing architectural features, such as tin ceilings and handmade terra-cotta tiles. With lush gardens and spectacular views, The Barn at Kline's Mill is the perfect location to host your celebration!

Facilities and Capacity
The Barn at Kline's Mill accommodates up to 250 guests. Couples have the option of choosing an indoor or outdoor setting in which to host their ceremony and/or reception. They also offer a bridal suite.

The Barn at Kline's Mill offers an array of services and amenities. Couples who book the venue benefit from the following:

• Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Tables
  • Chairs
  • Linens

Cuisine
The Barn at Kline's Mill offers a full-service catering company, The Early Katering Company. A subset of said company is Cakes by Cathy Stewart, a bakery that specializes in wedding and event cakes as well as other baked goods.

Location
The Barn at Kline's Mill is located six miles from Harrisonburg. Situated on 10.5 acres of land, the venue is approximately one hour from Charlottesville.

8 Reviews for The Barn at Kline's Mill

8 The Barn at Kline's Mill Reviews

D
Alexandra

Married on 06/04/2016

Kay and Melissa with the Barn at Kline's Mill are some of the most patient people I have ever met. They were very prompt with their responses to me in regards to our initial meeting. They answered all ... Read more my questions openly and honestly, and they made me feel comfortable with my decision to book them for our reception venue. The barn itself is absolutely stunning and spacious. They have many activities for the guests at the wedding, such as lawn games, and they are accepting of all my ideas and not hesitant to offer their own. I am also so excited to work with them as my catering company!

L
Lindsay

Married on 09/30/2017

3.8

The venue was beautiful & had everything we wanted! They had gorgeous lighting inside, bonfires going, a horse for kids to pet, & lawn games. The barn has a touch of rustic but is also beautiful & ... Read more affordable. Places that were quite literally minutes down the road were charging double what the Barn wanted & were not nearly as nice. Truly, the venue was exactly what we were looking for; it was spacious for the dancing & tables & required almost no further decoration from us. Really, we only decorated the tables & the ceremony arbor & it was perfect. I would say it can have a more rustic feel ranging to a bit above “Sunday best” sort of attire for the guests depending upon how you decorate. It’d be difficult to pull off a black-tie style event here, but otherwise it’s a versatile venue. The grounds were also PERFECT for some amazing photos. I will say there was a miscommunication the day of; one woman who lives in the Farmhouse next door told us ladies we could leave our things there until after the ceremony. While we were waiting for the ceremony to start, another woman came over & told us everything had to be moved ASAP because a dinner party had booked the room we’d used for a few hours from then. It was a bit rude, but it was probably a one-time thing; we moved our things & it was no big deal. They’ve recently redone their wedding arbor & it’s a bit nontraditional from what you’ll see on pinterest & such, but we were able to decorate it ourselves regardless. If you book the Barn, you are required to use Early Katering Company for the food at minimum; see my review of their services for more information. My ratings for the Barn's responsiveness & professionalism were largely due to my experience with Early Katering as they served as my primary point of contact for the Barn. I would definitely recommend booking this beautiful venue.

M
Meghan

Married on 12/28/2018

3.2

Decent venue

We were looking for a venue to host our wedding a few days after Christmas that would not cost us a fortune, but would also be somewhere that we could decorate and make it our own. My parents had to ... Read more visit venues for us as we were planning the wedding from half way across the country. I was not sold on the venue at first but I have to say it looked really lovely on our wedding day once it was all decorated. I found the venue to be slightly challenging to work with. The communication was sub par for trying to plan such a special event. It wasn’t until 2 weeks before the wedding when we finally found out if we could decorate the day before. I don’t know how anyone decorates a venue the day of their wedding....it wouldn’t have looked as nice if that were the case. Since it was December and cold we got married in the barn. Just know that the altar is in front of a fire exit which would be hideous for pictures if you don’t come up with a solution of your own. I was told brides usually leave the doors open to show the view. It was December and I wasn’t about to say my wedding vows freezing my tail off. Thankfully my father is handy and built a wooden altar that we hung lights and curtains on to cover the doors. The farmhouse tables are much nicer than what you might get at another venue. The lights around the ceiling are also a nice touch. We all got ready in the farmhouse and aside from it being chilly in there it all worked out. The price of the venue is really what attracted us and we had a beautiful wedding there and it didn’t cost us $5-10k to rent a ceremony/reception venue. As far as the catering service I thought the staff did a great job, but our buffet was served cold and was probably due to the fact that the timeline was ignored and the food was ready 45 minutes earlier than it was supposed to be. The meal wasn’t anything to rave over but it might have been better if it was hot especially for what it cost to feed all of the guests. I had higher hopes with such a large selection of foods on their menu to choose from and the fact that the food at the tasting was pretty good.