The Bedford Columns

Bedford, VA · View map · Visit website

About The Bedford Columns

Experience the elegance of this historic estate amid quaint streets and breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Iconic columns, stunning gardens, and an exquisite, modern interior create a dramatic backdrop for extraordinary weddings that brides and grooms alike could only dream of. The Bedford Columns’ astounding outdoor ceremony site is complemented perfectly by the grandeur of its ballroom and the overlooking patio-style porches that allow guests to enjoy blushing sunsets as your perfect day comes to a close.

Facilities and Capacity
The Bedford Columns couples may host their ceremony and/or reception in a ballroom accommodating up to 150 guests.

Engaged couples who book The Bedford Columns benefit from the following amenities:

• Event planning
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Server(s)

Cuisine
The Bedford Columns offers an array of menu options consisting of American, French, Italian and local cuisine styles that utilize plated, buffet and station serving styles. In order to provide an enjoyable wedding experience for all, The Bedford Columns accommodates the following dietary restrictions:

• Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • Pork-free
  • Nut-free
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

Entwined Events
The Bedford Columns is a part of the Entwined Events family of premier wedding venues and services. Our priority is to make your grand affair as unforgettable and stress-free as possible. On-site directors and seasoned staff will guide you through the planning and details of your event. We believe personal involvement helps us capture your dreams on your special day, overlooking no detail. Additionally, Entwined Events offers exceptional services in floral arrangements, DJs, cakes, and catering.

18 Reviews for The Bedford Columns

18 The Bedford Columns Reviews

L
Featured
Lauren

Married on 01/12/2013

My mom convinced me to stop by the Bedford Columns one day, just to see what they had to offer. I had pretty much decided (based on the grand stature and beauty of the place) that it would be out of ... Read more our price range. I am so thankful we made that trip! I could go on and on about just the house itself (no detail left untouched), but that would be far too much to write. It is one of those places you just have to go see in person. Anyway, back to our wedding... The same day we stopped I was able to get an estimate for our ceremony and reception. I was in shock of how affordable it was, especially compared to other local venues we had looked at that were WAY more expensive and no where near as beautiful. Before long my now husband and I were signing a contract to hold our big day! The ladies (Galyn, Carol, and Ashley) at the Columns made it so easy to plan our wedding. They have an in-house caterer, DJ, baker, florist and wedding coordinator which really made it a one-stop-shop. (The only service we did not use of theirs was the florist because we did something different for flowers.) Communication was excellent between us, no email or phone call left unanswered. The real test of their professionalism and flexibility came when I fell down the stairs at my home one month before our wedding. I couldn't walk for two weeks and was in a boot for another two weeks. I was devastated because I HAD to WALK down the isle, not hobble. To my amazement, they had NO PROBLEM rescheduling my date, no questions asked!! Just for that, we were beyond thankful. Our NEW big day went off without a hitch. Food was good, the DJ was GREAT, service was EXCELLENT, and everyone had an amazing time! I am STILL receiving compliments about how beautiful our wedding was. Never in my dreams could I have imagined being able to have a wedding like that, but the Columns made it happen and made it affordable! I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

M
Maggie

Married on 07/07/2018

My husband and I got married at The Bedford Columns on July 7, 2018. It was literally the best day of our entire lives. Anna, was our planner who was provided through Entwined Events. She was amazing! ... Read more She was what we called our “quiet force.” She was as sweet as can be, but she makes sure the job gets done and is done to perfection. And when I say to perfection, I mean perfection! Every single detail that we discussed with Anna, even the little things were not unnoticed. She made sure our day went beautifully. When I walked into our ceremony and reception space before the day began, I was absolutely speechless at how beautiful everything looked. Now, the staff provided by Entwined Events was also amazing! We had a great DJ who kept the party going, a great bartender (who was even so sweet to hand me a glass of water before I was about to walk down the aisle- pre-wedding jitters!), an amazing chef that prepared a wonderful meal for all of our guests (which everyone loved), a floral team that prepared the most beautiful centerpieces I could have ever imagined, and a wait staff that surpassed any other! Not only did we feel like royalty that day, but our guests did as well. Any time we needed something during the day Anna or another staff member were there to take care of us and help us with all of our needs. Even our guests, if they needed something a staff member was there to assist. We even had a gluten-free guest and the chef offered to prepare a separate meal for that guest. If something went wrong on the day of, I still to this day do not know of it. It was a stress-free atmosphere for ourselves as well as our guests and it made our wedding day be filled with love and laughter by all guests. I mean seriously Entwined Events really took care of us, and we are so incredibly appreciative for all of the hard work that was put into making our day so special. If I could turn around and do it again there would be not one thing I would change! If you are looking for a be

Loren
Loren

Married on 06/24/2017

Where to begin - my entire day was magical thanks to the team at The Bedford Columns! Kira was our planner and was more than I could have ever asked for. She anticipated absolutely everything and was ... Read more taking care of it all before I even thought to ask. The food was DELICIOUS. The DJ was fantastic. The flowers - WOW. We used Carla Bruce with Entwined Events and I literally cried when I saw my bouquet. Everything, and I mean everything, was perfect. Just to give you an idea of the level of service this place provides - they put a box of food and piece of your wedding cake in your room for after the reception because they know the bride and groom barely get to eat during everything. If I could do it all over again - I wouldn't change a thing. The staff is professional, which gave me such peace of mind, and the venue is absolutely stunning. Thank you doesn't begin to describe what they did for me on such an important day in my life.