Bellamy Mansion Museum

Wilmington, North Carolina · View map · Visit website

About Bellamy Mansion Museum

The Bellamy Mansion Museum is a historic wedding venue in Wilmington, North Carolina. The 150-year-old mansion offers nearly 5,000 square feet of event space. If you’re looking to get away from the traditional ballroom setting, The Bellamy Mansion Museum offers marble fireplaces, wraparound porches, grand columns, brass chandeliers, ornate molding, Victorian-style carpets and lush gardens.

Facilities and Capacity
The Bellamy Mansion offers six individual event spaces with room for up to 175 total guests. The Formal Parlor is the largest space within the mansion. The museum’s gallery spaces change seasonally and typically feature exhibits that reflect the arts, the area's history and the preservation of the mansion. Indoor and outdoor spaces are available. Your rental grants you access to the two main levels of the mansion as well as the grounds and porches.

The Bellamy Mansion Museum is a venue-only rental. The venue offers a parking lot with 37 spaces on-site, and ample street parking is available in the area. Furnishings, rentals, decor, and food and beverage items will need to be provided by outside vendors.

History
The Bellamy Mansion Museum’s history may be its biggest draw. Dr. Bellamy and his family moved into their new home on Market Street in Wilmington in 1961. The mansion is unique in that it combines classical style with modern amenities that were not commonly utilized in homes at the time. Today, the restored home is considered one of North Carolina’s greatest historic treasures.

Location
The Bellamy Mansion Museum is located on Market Street in the heart of Wilmington’s historic district. The museum is just blocks from the Cape Fear River and is less than five miles from the Wilmington International Airport.

10 Reviews for Bellamy Mansion Museum

10 Bellamy Mansion Museum Reviews

A
Featured
Anna

Married on 10/26/2013

From scheduling our initial tour of the mansion to our wedding day, working with the staff at the Bellamy Mansion was a pleasure. Ashley was always prompt in responding to my many questions and ... Read more flexible about time changes. She was always kind and really helped to ease my anxiety. The gentleman who was there to help us the day of the wedding was great and everything was set up just the way we wanted it. We just had our ceremony there so we only had to rent the mansion for a few hours, but I thought the price was reasonable, especially compared with the churches and other venues we looked at in the area. We held the ceremony on the back porch which worked beautifully, but I'm not sure how it would have gone had it rained. This was the only thing that gave me any anxiety about having the ceremony at the mansion. Moving it indoors was an option, but we had about 100 guests and the space would have made it very awkward. Of course we knew this going into it and took the risk anyway! Ashley was also very prompt about returning our deposit after the wedding, which is good because I know I would have forgotten about it.

A
Allison

Married on 05/16/2015

If you want a gorgeous, romantic, Southern picturesque wedding- this is your venue! I had the most perfect wedding at the Bellamy. The staff was very professional and flexible to our requests. The ... Read more area is just gorgeous! And compared to other nearby and similar venues, this is the most for your money! (In fact, they should charge more). The mansion and gardens are so versatile- it can really be transformed into anything you dream of. I also had my bridal portraits done here- absolutely stunning! So many good shots, I actually picked not one but two. The Bellamy does not disappoint!

User4028431

2+ years ago

Getting married at the Bellamy Mansion was a dream come true! The staff was very responsive in assisting me with planning the wedding. The price for the venue was incredible. The Bellamy Mansion was ... Read more was forth coming about all rules of the mansion (for example: no red wine, set up begins Saturday day, no sparklers, etc.)