The Boathouse at Sunday Park

Midlothian, VA · View map · Visit website

About The Boathouse at Sunday Park

A waterfront wedding venue in Midlothian, Virginia, The Boathouse at Sunday Park has been a part of the wedding industry for the last 30 years. Servicing couples in Midlothian, Richmond, Henrico and the tri-cities, the venue prides itself on assisting couples from start-to-finish. With picturesque views of the Swift Creek Reservoir, The Boathouse at Sunday Park provides couples with a memorable experience!

Facilities and Capacity
The Boathouse at Sunday Park offers two event spaces for couples to host their wedding and/or reception. While the Ceremony Garden provides an outdoor setting with charming scenic views, the Gardens Pavilion is a fully enclosed heated and air-conditioned facility that accommodates up to 100 seated guests and 150 standing guests. Additional tenting increases the capacity to 200 seated guests and 250 standing guests.

Engaged couples who entrust their special day to The Boathouse at Sunday Park benefit from the following services and amenities:

• Event planning
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Cuisine
The culinary team at The Boathouse at Sunday Park offers four reception packages for couples to choose from, including plated, buffet and station serving styles.

Other Services
Couples who are interested in bar services may benefit from the following services:

• Bartender(s)
  • Cocktail reception
  • Champagne toast
  • Open bar
  • Signature drink

Location
Located on the 1,700-acre Swift Creek Reservoir, The Boathouse at Sunday Park is less than 20 minutes from downtown Richmond.

61 Reviews for The Boathouse at Sunday Park

61 The Boathouse at Sunday Park Reviews

Kendall
Featured
Kendall

Married on 06/16/2018

It literally was my magical dream wedding

Wow I could go on and on about this venue! IT WAS MY DREAM WEDDING! Weather was beautiful by the water, staff were friendly and attentive. My coordinator did a great job making sure everything was ... Read more ready to go and in the right order. The food....well don’t even get me started on that because it was phenomenal! So yummy! Many people prefer a Friday night or Saturday night wedding, but I went with a Saturday morning/afternoon wedding which turned out to be a winner! Cheaper and also, the restaurant doesn’t open until 4pm on Saturdays so we had the place to ourselves! Food was pricey, but it was so delicious I won’t complain too much. Everything went over so smoothly, I couldn’t even believe it was MY wedding! I was so nervous that something would go wrong, but nothing! The Boathouse at Sunday Park really helped make my wedding dreams come true by being so easy to work with, and not to mention, BEAUTIFUL!! Get married here and you too will have your dream wedding with views to make you speechless!

S
Samantha

Getting married on 09/01/2019

Thank you Elaine and Boathouse Staff!

We had our wedding at Boathouse at Sunday Park in June 2019 and could not have picked a better venue! Our guests loved the view, food, and service! Elaine was our day of coordinator and did a great ... Read more job keeping everything on track! Her and the boathouse staff were wonderful and very attentive. Thanks for making our wedding day so special!

V
Victoria

Married on 11/17/2018

Thank you Johanna and the Boathouse!

The Boathouse at Sunday Park is so incredibly beautiful and the perfect setting for a wedding! My coordinator was Johanna and she was ON TOP OF IT! I had a meeting with Johanna two months before my ... Read more wedding where she went through every aspect of the wedding so I knew exactly what I still needed to do and what things I needed to talk to other vendors about. I had another meeting with her two weeks before the wedding to finalize everything. Throughout the year I worked with Johanna, she answered all my emails quickly and thoroughly (and I had a lot of questions!). When I needed to make any last minute changes, Johanna was super accommodating. She updated my floor plan several times when I had changes in my guest count. The ceremony and reception ran so smoothly thanks to Johanna and everyone at the Boathouse. Johanna was in contact with the DJ through walkie talkie throughout the ceremony, telling him when to change the music. Immediately after the ceremony a server brought a tray of hors d’oeuvres and signature cocktails for the bridal party to eat before beginning pictures. The food and the service during the reception were amazing and we got a lot of compliments from guests! We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Boathouse!!