The Brides Project

Ann Arbor, MI · View map · Visit website

About The Brides Project

The Brides Project is a bridal shop…with a heart! The Brides Project is a wedding dress salon located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, stocking high-quality once-worn bridal gowns and donated new dresses from bridal shops. The mission of TBP is to support adults and kids impacted by cancer by ensuring sustainable funding to the Cancer Support Community of Greater Ann Arbor, It is a fundraising initiative of the Cancer Support Community of Greater Ann Arbor. For your bridal gown, The Brides Project offers socially-conscious, eco-friendly, and budget-friendly options.

Experience

The Brides Project (TBP) opened in September 2011. TBP is a fundraising initiative of the Cancer Support Community. This unique project is staffed by volunteers and dedicated to raising funds for free programs for families impacted by cancer at the Cancer Support Community (CSC) of Greater Ann Arbor through the sale of donated bridal gowns. Once-worn gowns donated by brides or unsold gowns donated by bridal shops are available for brides-to-be to purchase at considerable savings. This was inspired by the experience of The Brides Project in Canada, started by Helen Sweet.

Products Offered

The average cost of bridal gowns is $500, and generally ranges between $200 and $1,000, with a small number of exceptions outside of this range. Gowns come in weekly, with a high turnover. Bridal items available include:

• Bridal belts

T
Tori

Getting married on 09/28/2019

amazing place

If you are looking for the perfect wedding dress I would highly recommend this place. The staff is absolutely amazing. The story behind this place is even more magical. I would go here over a chain ... Read more store any day, and so should you!!

R
Rachel

Married on 05/18/2019

So many dresses for such a good cause!

I got my wedding dress here and it was amazing. Magically, it was the first dress I tried on! It’s a beautiful little shop with all different styles of dresses. I got so many compliments on my dress, ... Read more and I was happy that the cost went to a good cause. It really made it worth it for me to splurge a little on the perfect dress, knowing I was supporting a great charity. 100% recommend stopping here on your dress hunting journey!

A
Alyssa

Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful dresses, awesome people, and a great cause

I love the Bride’s Project and found my perfect dress! The volunteers are so sweet, and the three I worked with were very experienced. They had great suggestions and encouraged me to go look among the ... Read more the dresses to figure out what I wanted. I had gone to a few bridal stores beforehand, so I had an idea of what I wanted. Unlike a traditional bridal salon, the volunteers won’t pressure you to buy anything because they have no financial stake. Based on what I picked initially, one volunteer said, “Ooohh, you have to try on this one dress I have in mind.” It ended up THE dress that I fell in love with and made me feel gorgeous! In addition to all the compliments you’ll get on the day of, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re giving a dress a second life and donating money to helping families affected by cancer get the treatment they need. I would recommend the Bride’s Project to any bride!