The Bull Run

Shirley, MA · View map · Visit website

About The Bull Run

The Bull Run is a full-service wedding and event venue located in Shirley, Massachusetts. This award-winning venue has been around since 1740 and they offer multiple on-site and off-site options for both your ceremony and reception. They offer a variety of wedding packages as well as locally-sourced, farm-to-table dinner options. The Bull Run offers an experienced wedding coordinator to oversee all the details of your day.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 300 guests at this historic venue. For your ceremony they have a beautiful covered bridge adorned with twinkling lights. For cocktail hour or an intimate reception, they have a gorgeously landscaped Garden Room & Patio. If you're having a grand affair, the Sawtelle Supper Room has plenty of space to dance the night away; or you can celebrate with their 18th century colonial Tavern in the background.

The Bull Run’s personal function coordinator will work with you to select the best wedding package to accommodate all of your needs. Their services include:

• Bridal suite
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Lighting and sound

Other Facilities
In addition to the locations on site, The Bull Run offers additional venues that are less than one mile away. These venues include:

• Shirley Meeting House - a classic Colonial landmark that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
  • Farandnear Reservation - features 89 acres of amazing landscaping, exotic trees and a pavilion with a stone fireplace. This location is perfect for an all-day outdoor affair.

56 Reviews for The Bull Run

56 The Bull Run Reviews

B
Featured
Brittany

Married on 08/31/2018

Choosing to have my wedding at the Bull Run was easily the best choice I have ever made! Amanda was amazing. She is a fantastic person, and really really knows her wedding stuff. She was extremely ... Read more flexible and willing to let us to basically design our own dream wedding (with her help and expertise of course!). We were on a budget and they were so understanding and worked with us so we could get the most out of our wedding experience. The prop room Amanda has with stuff from leftover from other weddings was a godsend and helped me create my dream centerpieces. The food was delicious (from the few bites I got any time to try, but I was told it was amazing). They even helped us do an ice cream sundae bar - so fun. We had a family emergency the month of our wedding and my fiance's mother was in the hospital, and The Bull Run (Amanda in particular) was really amazing. We dropped off everything we needed the day before the wedding and she set it up perfectly as we planned. I would have never known where to start when it came to planning a wedding, but Amanda knows her stuff, and The Bull Run gave us the wedding of our dreams. I really would highly recommend this venue to everyone.

Susan
Susan

Married on 10/14/2018

Wish we could do it again it was so fantastic!

The Bull Run is definitely a hidden gem! We fell in love with the covered bridge and the twinkle lights and Amanda the wedding coordinator! The entire process was easy and seamless--much in part due ... Read more to Amanda!--we never had any worries about anything going smoothly. The food was fantastic. The atmosphere was wonderful and that bridge and those lights are magazine worthy! Love, love, loved it.

Shannon
Shannon

Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Magical

My wedding day here was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. Amanda was amazing to work with and she was very accommodating and kept my mind at ease! She really nailed everything I asked for ... Read more and made sure everything went as smooth as possible. Would highly recommend if you want a stunning, rustic wedding! Thank you! From Shannon and Matt