The Century

Modesto, CA · View map · Visit website

About The Century

The Century is a chic, urban venue located in Modesto, California. Built in the early 1900s, this historic building has exposed brick walls, tall ceilings, beautiful crystal chandeliers and gorgeous acacia wood floors. Couples looking for a modern venue with a touch of vintage glamour need to look no further than The Century.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 300 guests at The Century for a reception only, and up to 200 for a ceremony and a reception. In addition to the grand ballroom there’s also an amazing patio with a spectacular brick wall and vintage mirrors and exclusive VIP suites on the premises.

The Century is owned by Erin Doran who has been in the wedding industry since 1999. She along with her experienced staff will make sure your wedding is flawless from start to finish. Their services include:

• Ceremony and reception
  • Floral and decor
  • Catering
  • Cake/Desserts

History
The Century was built in 1912 as a theater by William R. Mensinger. It was dedicated in 1913 by Gilbert & Sullivan’s “Pirates of Penzance.” Unfortunately, a fire ruined it later that year, but it was rebuilt and rededicated in 1914. It lasted until 1934 when it was eventually turned into retail shops. It’s been the magnificent wedding venue it is today since 2014.

40 Reviews for The Century

40 The Century Reviews

D
Featured
Dana

Married on 10/21/2018

Nailed my vision for my wedding!!!

I had both my wedding and reception at The Century and I can't thank Erin Doran, Trina and the Century team enough for making my wedding so perfect! They nailed my vision and accommodated our ... Read more requests perfectly!! We wanted both Italian and Indian food and they found the best vendors...I'm still getting rave reviews from our guests about the food!! I wanted a very regal wedding and they all listened and executed my vision perfectly (I asked for lots of bling and king and queen chairs)!! I couldn't have asked for a better experience...they exceeded all expectations!! I highly recommend The Century. I also went through Erin to book our honeymoon at Sandals and had a wonderful experience. Erin even threw in Club Mobay as a wedding gift. We can't thank them enough for everything!!!

S
Stephanie

Married on 06/29/2018

I had my wedding there in June and it was beyond AMAZING. I feel like I didn't have to do anything. I dont remember ever stressing off anything. The staff took care of just about everything. They lay ... Read more out the times you need to set up appointments for things and like food tasking, cake tasting and DJ. The flower team they have is amazing and put my vision together better than I imagined they could have. All my guest raved over how beautiful everything was and how good the food was and how effortless everything looked. I have zero complaints and appreciate the whole team at The Century for holding my hand through an experience I have never been through before and being extremely patient with me with all my questions and last minute adjustments. When you book this venue you also get a hard working team of people with it. That combination alone makes this venue work EVERY PENNY!.

G
Gail

Married on 06/01/2018

The impeccable detail was insanely wonderful! Erin is remarkable and her staff are amazing as well. I am thrilled that this is the venue my daughter chose for her wedding and rehearsal because it ... Read more enabled me to give her the wedding of her dreams!!!