The Chanler at Cliff Walk

Newport, Rhode Island · View map · Visit website

About The Chanler at Cliff Walk

The Chanler at Cliff Walk is a historic mansion located in Newport, Rhode Island. This one of a kind wedding venue offers you and your guests spectaclar views of the Atlantic Ocean. Featuring multiple event spaces for both romantic ceremonies and elegant receptions at their boutique hotel. The Chanler at Cliff Walk prides themselves on their attention to detail, gourmet cuisine and ability to bring your vision to life.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 200 guests at this European-style venue. Their diverse event spaces include:

• Cliff Lawn - an expansive lawn with gorgeous views of Newport. You can exchange your vows overlooking Cliff Walk and the Atlantic Ocean.
  • Meadow Lawn - situated above Cliff Lawn and The Chanler. It also provides ocean views, along with the elegant mansion.
  • Woodland Lawn - a secluded spot at the top of a hill. It’s perfect for a first look or family photos.
  • Cara - a four-star restaurant located in the mansion. It features a grand fireplace, and is perfect for intimate receptions or rehearsal dinners.
  • The Cafe - located adjacent to Cara, this space is a semi-private dining room with ocean views.
  • The Terrace - a spacious covered terrace featuring classic columns. You can dance the night away with the Atlantic Ocean behind you.

Accommodations

Each of our charming Newport, RI accommodations offers a one-of-a-kind stay. Guest rooms and villas, featuring custom linens and upholstery, as well as distinguished designs, are imbued with a variety of different styles characteristic of Newport's rich history. From the seaside serenity of our Nantucket Ocean Villa to the quaint colonial charm of the Williamsburg Room, all of our rooms are thoughtfully-furnished according to those historical periods. With every visit, guests are rewarded with uniquely curated experiences from the grandeur of The Chanler.

Besides our distinctive décor, our gracious in-room amenities are what makes The Chanler stand out among the best Newport hotels with jacuzzis in rooms. We offer a combination of personal indulgence and convenience, from your own personal Bath Butler and in-room spa treatments to 24-hour room service.

Additional rooms can be offered at the La Farge Perry Inn (sister property of The Chanler); which is less than a mile from the hotel.

This luxury hotel offers on-site event coordination to ensure your celebration is a success. They also offer full-service catering and an in-house bar, so all of your culinary needs are taken care of. You can even rent out the whole mansion for your affair, if you book their 20 guest rooms as well. Additional services include:

• Tables
  • Outside vendors
  • Parking
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine
Boasting beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean as well as our open kitchen featuring a custom-crafted French Bonnet cooking suite, Cara is the crown jewel of The Chanler, providing guests a memorable, curated dining experience. Translating to "dear one" in Italian and "friend" in Gaelic, Cara's name conveys a simple, yet beautiful, juxtaposition to the restaurant’s creative dishes.

Executive Chef Matt Voskuil’s menu draws on classic French, Italian and Spanish influences to present a menu as distinct as The Chanler's 20 uniquely designed guest rooms. Diners can choose one of two modern tasting menu options, or select an appetizer, entrée and dessert from the prix fixe menu. The atmosphere at Cara is upbeat and fun while deliciously comfortable and sublime.

15 Reviews for The Chanler at Cliff Walk

15 The Chanler at Cliff Walk Reviews

Michelle
Michelle Michler

Married on 10/19/2018

Intimate Fall Wedding at The Chanler

My husband and I chose a small and intimate (16 person) wedding ceremony at The Chanler and could not have been happier with the level of detail and service that we received. Jessica is truly amazing ... Read more amazing and was always available before, during, and after the BIG day! The historic setting and whimsical charm that The Chanler provides is truly an experience. I can't thank the staff enough for how incredible they were with our families!

J
Jaeke

Married on 08/26/2018

Intimate August wedding

The Chanler was the venue of my dreams! Jessica (and everyone I came in contact with) was so helpful. One of the gentlemen (I wish that I could remember his name this far out) even pulled us aside to ... Read more have a moment to appreciate how special the moon was that night. They saved me a few of my flowers from my arrangements which would have been lost to me because I did not think about it myself at the time. It’s the little things. And the big things. My guests raved about my choice of venue for months. It was breathtaking, every part of it was everything that I’d ever imagined!

K
K

Married on 09/08/2017

Amazing - look no further - highest level of wedding service in Newport!

Look no further - selecting the Chanler as our wedding venue was absolutely the best decision we made, and we did a ton of research on venues throughout the Newport area. Jessica and Haley were our ... Read more on-site Chanler wedding coordinators, and they were both incredibly responsive, professional, and detail oriented during several planning sessions leading up to our big day, truly going above and beyond to accommodate us with the highest level of hospitality and service. Having Haley and Jessica as an important part of our team to take care of ALL the details day-of - big and small - eliminated all stress on our part as the bride and groom, and allowed our day to unfold naturally and authentically. The Chanler's secret sauce is that absolutely every individual working on the property - from valet, to housekeeper, to groundsman, to server - took our wedding day as seriously as if it were their own. Their level of service and commitment to excellence is simply unparalleled. We would absolutely recommend The Chanler & the team -- they are absolutely amazing and we are so grateful!!