The Club at UK's Spindletop Hall

Lexington, Kentucky · View map · Visit website

About The Club at UK's Spindletop Hall

The Club at UK's Spindletop Hall is a classic wedding venue in Lexington, Kentucky. This historic country club is the perfect spot for your special day as they offer space for both your wedding ceremony and reception. Their elegant atmosphere will have each and every guest in awe throughout your occasion. Plus, as a member of the club, you get special access to their picturesque grounds, which can be fully used for your event and more.

Facilities and Capacity
Amongst the beautiful Southern grounds are potential ceremony and reception sites for you to host your wedding. Exchange your vows on their back lawn, which has views of 62 acres of rolling greenery. Then, dance the night away with a reception in their historical mansion. This venue space can accommodate a maximum of 300 people comfortably.

When booking with this special venue, you will get your very own on-site wedding coordinator, who will help with securing all of the details. They want to make sure your wedding day is just as you imagine it to be, if not more. The venue offers the following services:

• All-inclusive packages
  • On-site parking
  • Valet service
  • Wheelchair accessible

Cuisine
The culinary team at The Club at UK’s Spindletop Hall will work with you to create a delicious menu. Their award-winning staff will make sure that each and every guest is satisfied so they are ready to enjoy the rest of their evening. There are a variety of options to choose from, from buffet-style to plated dishes and more. Whatever you want, they are able to accommodate you.

History
Following the death of her husband, Mildred (Pansy) Yount chose Kentucky as the place where she would start fresh. Spindletop Farm was established in 1935, with construction of Spindletop Hall following shortly after. In early 1959, Spindletop Farm was sold to the University of Kentucky and in 1962, Spindletop Hall served as the residence of the University of Kentucky faculty, staff and alumni club. Now, the Club has over 1,000 individual members, including families, couples and more.

24 Reviews for The Club at UK's Spindletop Hall

24 The Club at UK's Spindletop Hall Reviews

C
Featured
Christine

Married on 06/24/2017

Our experience with Spindletop Hall was more than we could ever ask for! They were not only accommodating to any and everything we needed, they were efficient and some of the most kind people I've ... Read more ever met. Spindletop provided us with a wedding coordinator, Caitlin Gilliam, who was the most perfect, helpful, kind, knowledgable, organized, professional coordinator and friend. Without her, I am not sure what I would have done and I know our wedding would not have run as smoothly as it did. Inside, the building was gorgeous - The walls in the rooms are all hand carved and obtain such one-of-a-kind beauty. When we got ready, the girls were located upstairs in an princess-like suite and the boys were located in the incredible basement. It was perfect. Outside, there was not a location that was not spectacular for photos and event placement. We were in love with the true 'Kentucky' feel of Spindletop. I wish I could relive that day over and over because there is not one thing I would change. I highly recommend Spindletop Hall for all events - the staff, location, and overall experience is truly the best!

M
Margaret

Married on 05/25/2018

Caitlin and her staff helped to creat the perfect setting and experience for our May wedding. From our first consultation to wedding day, the logistics of “planning” was smooth and stress-free. From ... Read more selecting the buffet menu, cake options and room designs I was given expert advice and assistance. My floral designer was also given ample time to “ create” her romantic setting. I highly recommend Spindletop and the wedding coordinators if you are looking for a memorable event.

C
Christine

Married on 05/13/2017

I had my wedding at Spindletop this past May and had a great overall experience. If you want to have a beautiful, classy but with some southern charm weddingthen Spindletop is the place for you. ... Read more Probably the best venue in Lexington area. Caitlin the wedding coordinator was great, and basically does everything for you. I just dropped stuff off and they set and take everything down. Plus having the appetizers walked around by the staff was great, saves from one big line to get appetizers during cocktail hour. Plus the staff is amazing. I had one guest tell me, one of the waiters remembered his name and tracked him down to give him more of his favorite appetizer. The staff just made the event seem so personal and great. The Veranda is so beautiful for the ceremony plus it was so much fun to have the dance floor outside, as it was the perfect weather. It's really a "one stop shop" for your wedding that impresses guests with the charm and class of the house, the grounds give you amazing photos, the staff and service was amazing and the wedding coordinators know what they are doing and are going to do everything to give you the perfect day.