The Contemporary Austin

Austin, TX · View map

About The Contemporary Austin

Laguna Gloria is one of the most desired and award-winning venues in Central Texas to host exquisite events, receptions, ceremonies and weddings. Laguna Gloria is home to a Mediterranean-style Villa and gorgeous landscaping built in 1916 by Clara Driscoll, best known for helping to save the Alamo from destruction in 1903. Right in central Austin on the shores of Lake Austin- nothing compares to the unique beauty of Laguna Gloria.

VISIT US: Guests are welcome to visit during our museum open hours—no appointment necessary—or contact us at the phone number or email address provided below to book a private tour with our Rentals team.

CONTACT US: rent@thecontemporaryaustin.org, or 512.458.8191 ext. 255

CAPACITY:
Weddings | (150) conditioned on rain plan tenting options and set up

Other Events| Dependent on set up

**Driscoll Villa, if available (indoor) 75–100 seated maximum wall-to-wall dependent on set up

** Reservation of tent rain plans required for events over 50 with ceremony, 75 without

PRICING: Please inquire with the Site Rentals Department for pricing

TIME PERIOD FOR RENTAL:
3pm–1am (including set-up/tear-down) | All amplified sound and event must end by 11pm Friday and Saturday and 10pm all other days. Weddings must end by 11pm and start after 5:30pm to allow time for set-up.

ALCOHOL: All alcohol can be delivered or brought in—usually quite a bit of savings for clients.

Inclusions

• Villa Terraces (outdoor)
  • Crushed Granite Path (outdoor)
  • Four Seasons Garden (outdoor)
  • The Temple of Love (outdoor)
  • Overlook (outdoor)
  • Driscoll Villa (indoor) restrooms
  • Driscoll Villa itself (only Fall 2014 & Spring 2015, not Fall 2015)
  • Ability to bring in own alcohol
  • Brides (2) hour photo reservation (photographer not included)

ART/EXHIBITIONS:
We are a museum of rotating contemporary art exhibitions. The art can and will be changing on the grounds, and in the Villa, often without notification. The art and exhibitions cannot be moved, removed, turned off or added to, or disturbed or altered in any way for private events.

13 Reviews for The Contemporary Austin

13 The Contemporary Austin Reviews

Jordyn
Jordyn Garsson

Married on 06/09/2019

Absolutely stunning wedding venue!

The Contemporary Austin - Laguna Gloria wedding venue was amazingly beautiful! It was perfect for an outdoor wedding, especially in the afternoon with the incredible strung lights around the villa and ... Read more the gorgeous art pieces. The Temple of Love ceremony site was breathtaking, and perfect for a small intimate wedding! Shannon was wonderful at answering any and all questions that I asked her both promptly and kindly - she was a huge help in keeping me sane through the wedding planning process. The day-of coordinators, Blythe and Victoria, were great at coordinating with our other vendors and helping the guests with anything they needed. Even when a sudden storm came in during the reception, they did not hesitate to help with getting everything inside the Driscoll Villa (very quickly)! All in all, including the service, the aesthetic of the venue, and the adaptability of the staff in mind, we could not have chosen a better venue to celebrate our love with family and friends!

A
Alicia

Married on 04/02/2016

We had my dream wedding at Laguna Gloria last weekend- it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy with how it turned out, I got so many compliments on this venue and it was perfect for our 75 person ... Read more wedding outdoors. We had an intimate ceremony out at the Temple of Love, which I think is so unique compared to all of the church weddings we have been to recently. We did the long table along the path by the lake and strung lights and candles, and the venue was the perfect backdrop! I would say the beautiful gardens and venue made it so we didn't have to have as much decor and flowers as other places. I very much lucked out to have beautiful weather- the rain plan here isn't the greatest, we would have moved inside and rented a small tent, outdoors was my dream so I am glad it worked out! This isn't the venue for you if you want a package deal as you have to bring everything in yourself, but I enjoyed doing all the planning for it and making my dream come true. They aren't as difficult as some reviews say, you just have to know what you are getting into and know the vendors to use and they will all make it work without a problem! The ladies were also so nice to work with and they tried hard to make sure I got what I wanted within their limits! I recommend Laguna for a beautiful outdoor wedding!

P
priscilla

Married on 09/28/2012

Such a beautiful place! And everyone loved our wedding venue and thought it was so romantic. Thank you to the amazing staff at Laguna that helped make our day special. Read more such a beautiful place!!! And everyone loved our wedding venue and thought it was so romantic. Thank you to the amazing staff at Laguna that helped make our day special.