The Curvy Bride

Englishtown, New Jersey · View map · Visit website

About The Curvy Bride

The Curvy Bride, located in Englishtown, New Jersey, was founded from the owner’s own personal experience of not being able to find a plus-size wedding dress. Realizing there were few boutiques that cater to plus-size women, Michelle Files decided to fill that gap in the wedding world by supplying plus-size brides with elegant dresses fitting their needs.

With offerings for the bride and mothers of the couple, The Curvy Bride can provide gowns, alterations, and preservation. They bring in new inventory on a seasonal basis, and depending on a bride’s order, can provide an average turnaround time of about six to eight months for a dress. The other products they can supply to their clientele in addition to bridal gowns include jewelry, hair accessories, and veils.

120 Reviews for The Curvy Bride

120 The Curvy Bride Reviews

L
Featured
Lanee

Married on 08/18/2017

Hi my name is Lanée and I purchased my dress in January 2017 for my wedding day of August 18, 2017. I want to thank the Curvy Bride staff for such an amazing bridal dress fitting! Speacial thanks to ... Read more Maria who made my weekend experience so great! I am a size 18 and had such a difficult time trying on dresses at 2 other bridal shops. A Nordstrom bridal consultant told me to try out your place and man, I must say, I was in bridal big girl heaven! I was able to try on every dress I liked and they all fit! Most of all my husband loved my dress and still talks about how beautiful I looked on our wedding day! People still talk about how fashion foward my dress was as it wasn't "cookie cutter" because of what I could fit into. I recommend Curvy Bride to all women especially plus size women who want a REAL woman bridal experience! Best of all No tax on the dresses!

Rose
Rose

Getting married on 05/09/2020

Outstanding

Curvy Bride is a wonderful salon! I had many people with me and they were happy to accommodate my large group! Michelle, the consultant, was fabulous, kind and understanding! Michelle listened to me ... Read more intently with every dress and when she brought in this dress that had things about it that I know I told her I did not like, but I trusted her and it ended up being the dress I said YES too!! After we left, I got concerned about the size we ordered, messaged the salon on Instagram (they were closed) and the owner promptly answered. I spoke with Michelle, the owner, the following day and she eased all my concerns completely! This was the best experience my group and I encountered during our bridal dress shopping!

Jennifer
Jennifer Kurylo

Getting married on 04/01/2020

Highly Recommend

Paige, the store manger, is fabulous! She made this such an easy and enjoyable experience for my mother and I. She was attentive and accommodating without being pushy. Based on the pictures I showed ... Read more showed her she pulled dresses that I loved. I tried on 5 of them and ended up choosing the second one. The champagne toast at the end was a fitting way to celebrate finding my perfect dress. Paige made sure to take cute pictures of my mom and I holding their cute signs. What could have been a nerve wracking experience was a delightful one instead. I would highly recommend this boutique.