The Curvy Bride

Englishtown, New Jersey, NJ · View map · Visit website

About The Curvy Bride

The Curvy Bride, located in Englishtown, New Jersey, was founded from the owner’s own personal experience of not being able to find a plus-size wedding dress. Realizing there were few boutiques that cater to plus-size women, Michelle Files decided to fill that gap in the wedding world by supplying plus-size brides with elegant dresses fitting their needs.

With offerings for the bride and mothers of the couple, The Curvy Bride can provide gowns, alterations, and preservation. They bring in new inventory on a seasonal basis, and depending on a bride’s order, can provide an average turnaround time of about six to eight months for a dress. The other products they can supply to their clientele in addition to bridal gowns include jewelry, hair accessories, and veils.

116 Reviews for The Curvy Bride

116 The Curvy Bride Reviews

L
Featured
Lanee

Married on 08/18/2017

Hi my name is Lanée and I purchased my dress in January 2017 for my wedding day of August 18, 2017. I want to thank the Curvy Bride staff for such an amazing bridal dress fitting! Speacial thanks to ... Read more Maria who made my weekend experience so great! I am a size 18 and had such a difficult time trying on dresses at 2 other bridal shops. A Nordstrom bridal consultant told me to try out your place and man, I must say, I was in bridal big girl heaven! I was able to try on every dress I liked and they all fit! Most of all my husband loved my dress and still talks about how beautiful I looked on our wedding day! People still talk about how fashion foward my dress was as it wasn't "cookie cutter" because of what I could fit into. I recommend Curvy Bride to all women especially plus size women who want a REAL woman bridal experience! Best of all No tax on the dresses!

S
Sara

Getting married on 09/21/2019

Best Experience!

Five stars is not enough for The Curvy Bride. When I first got engaged I was so excited for the whole planning process, but I knew when I was going to hit the road blocks, dress shopping. I was ... Read more dreading going dress shopping, finding the dress of my dress only to have my dreams cut short by "Oh, I'm so sorry. They don't carry that dress in your size." I am naturally a planner and got things done way ahead of schedule, but I was purposefully waiting to go dress shopping until I found THE perfect place to go dress shopping, no matter how far. This is when I came across The Curvy Bride. I immediately made an appointment to go there. Paige was amazing throughout the whole process and made me feel so confident throughout the appointment. I ended up purchasing my dress that day and when my mom, best friend, grandma, and myself got in the car we cried because we were so happy to have had such an amazing experience there. The Curvy Bride puts aside the fact that you are a Plus Size Bride and treat you as you are - A Bride. This feeling alone is the reason why my mother went back months later to get her Mother of the Bride dress. Let me tell you, my mother is NOT the one to buy something on the first try without thinking it through for days. My mom ended up buying a dress that day too because Michele made her have such an excellent experience too! My dress (came in early too!) and my mom's dress just came in and we picked them up yesterday. I would LOVE to thank Paige and Michele for being so supportive throughout the process for both my mom and myself. PS: Can not wait to come back when I bring my best friend back for her wedding!

K
Kristin

Getting married on 03/29/2019

My experience at the Curvy Bridal was by far my best experience wedding dress shopping. It is a smaller shop, but they have a nice selection of dresses and they are all plus size. So as a bigger girl, ... Read more I could try on every dress and they would all FIT! It was a really nice change from the other stores. I worked primarily with Paige, who was lovely. She listened to what I wanted and brought me a few samples to try on. I literally loves every dress she chose. The store itself it really nice- spacious and private dressing rooms- ample space to have your family and friends. They were not pushy at all. I bought my dress on my second trip to the store. At that point I worked directly with Michelle, the store owner. She measured me and placed my order. The whole experience was really great and I would highly recommend!