The Elms Hotel and Spa

Excelsior Springs, MO · View map

About The Elms Hotel and Spa

A Dream Venue for Kansas City Weddings in Excelsior Springs

Offering beautiful indoor and outdoor event spaces, the historic Elms Hotel and Spa is the perfect setting for your wedding. Let our experienced team turn your vision into a memorable experience that you and your guests will cherish forever.

The Elms Gazebo:

With lush trees and gardens in the background, The Elms Gazebo is the perfect place to exchange vows with your beloved. The Gazebo has room to seat 300 guests, with 140 of those seats being covered. It also includes the complete setup for your special day, with a sound system, white garden chairs, and microphones.

Rental: $1,000 (plus tax and service charge)

Two Elegant Ballrooms:

The Regent Ballroom - (2565 sq ft) The Regent Ballroom offers rustic elegance with hardwood floors, exposed timbers and a large stone fireplace. Its huge windows and French doors offer an abundance of natural light and views of the grounds. The Regent Ballroom accommodates up to 225 guests.

The Grand Ballroom - (4,005 sq ft) The oval-shaped Grand Ballroom features high ceilings, a center skylight and beautiful chandeliers and appointments. One end of the ballroom is fashioned entirely from glass, and offers views of the grounds, the outdoor swimming pool and the Gazebo. The Grand Ballroom accommodates up to 300 guests.

All Receptions include:

Tables, chairs, linens (white, ivory or black) and centerpieces (three cylinders with water and floating candles and four votive candles), Additional tables such as guest book table, gift table, cake table, entertainment table, head table, reserved tables and bar, all the china, flatware, stemware, dance floor, setup and tear down is included with the rental.

Rental: $1,000 (plus tax and service charge), plus a food and beverage minimum.

Dining and Catering Services:

Our catering team has several delicious selections for your dinner, including plated and buffet options.

++A 21% service charge and applicable sales tax applies to all group food and beverage items.

Please let me know if you would like one of my dedicated and experienced wedding specialist contact you with more information and to answer all of your questions. We’d love to schedule a site tour with you.

24 Reviews for The Elms Hotel and Spa

24 The Elms Hotel and Spa Reviews

K
Kayla

Married on 05/18/2019

The beautiful wedding of my dreams!

My wedding was the most perfect day of my life, and The Elms is 100% the reason for that! I could live 1000 years and still never say enough good things about Tori Foster and the wedding team at The ... Read more Elms. If you are looking for a gorgeous venue with little to no stress involved in ANY of the decision making or planning process, The Elms is the venue for you! From the initial meet and greet, they worked within our budget the entire time and told us exactly what our money would get us and never went over our budget. Throughout the planning process, Tori was in touch and available and answered every email I sent within minutes. We got to attend complimentary tastings with our moms and try the meals we would offer our guests and the food was amazing! The week of our wedding, the weather on our wedding day called for tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. We initially booked the gazebo so we had to move the wedding inside, which would stress some brides out, but not with Tori. I had the utmost confidence in her and she delivered better than I could have ever dreamed. I recommend The Elms to any bride who is looking for a venue that takes care of everything, from centerpieces to food/alcohol to room blocks, without any stress involved. Thank you Tori Foster for making my wedding the wedding of my dreams!!

T
Taylor Leonhardt

Married on 04/27/2019

Tori Foster made my wedding Perfect

Having my wedding at The Elms was the BEST decision I made for my entire planning process. Lacee Mawby initially helped me with information and booking the venue. She was kind, helpful, and very ... Read more professional. A few months after I booked, Tori Foster began helping me with all the details of our wedding day. There are not words to describe my admiration and respect for Miss Foster. This woman is a godsend and I can confidently say my wedding would NEVER have been as perfect as it was without her. Tori was always on top of everything and went well out of her way to help me on numerous occasions. I was having a difficult time planning this, as I was 500 miles away in Chicago and Tori was there picking up my slack every step of the way. She replied to my emails and calls immediately, she thought of everything I missed, carefully coordinated every minute of the evening with me, and did all of this with one of the best attitudes I have ever seen. None of it was easy, but Tori handled is so graciously, it seemed like second nature to her. I have not met anyone as good at their job as Miss Victoria Foster and I am eternally grateful for her and everything she did for us. The Elms itself was also amazing. When you book your venue through them they help you with EVERYTHING. Tori and Lacee also helped with our guest accommodations at the hotel as well as ours. Thanks to them, there was no stress in that. Every single staff member working at the hotel was great to work with also. Everyone was so kind and nice to us and our guests. Their only priority was that we were all happy and it truly showed. Matt, the manager helping with setup,take down, and food, the day of was extraordinary too. I saw him throughout the night making sure everything was running smoothly, with tori there too obviously! There was another woman, whose name I cannot remember, helping with food and she was very attentative and on top of everything. Our guests loved the food, rooms, atmosphere, EVERYTHING. The Elms really made my wedding magical and I feel forever indebted to each and every staff member there. Thank you guys so SO much!! Much love from the Wilkinsons.

H
Hilary

Married on 06/17/2017

Josh and I were married at the Elms Hotel & Spa on June 17, 2017 and we could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding day! The Elms served as a destination wedding location for us and it was ... Read more absolutely wonderful! The entire staff went above and beyond - throughout the entire weekend - to make us feel cared for and valued. We felt as though we had family members helping us all weekend long. Every time we met an Elms employee, they introduced themselves to us and offered to help us in any way we needed. It was because of their impeccable attention to detail and their genuine attentiveness to our needs that our wedding day (and weekend) was completely worry free! I am SO grateful that our wedding day was able to be focused on our love for one another and our friends and family -- rather than executing plans and coordinating logistics. We were able to truly enjoy the day and the people around us! The Elms made our wedding day unforgettable in the most magical way. Our wedding coordinator, Larry O'Gorman, was a true professional and friend throughout the entire planning process and he helped us make our wedding day about US. We never once felt we could not ask Larry for advice or assistance -- he honestly made our dreams come true! I would HIGHLY recommend getting married at the beautiful Elms Hotel! Josh and I could not be more fond of this amazing place and its incredible staff!