The Freshmakers

San Francisco, California · View map · Visit website

About The Freshmakers

The Freshmakers are a high-energy wedding event band based out of San Francisco, California. They provide entertainment services to Lake Tahoe, Central Valley, Napa Valley, and The Bay Area. This band will create a customized set list for your wedding event, but they also are well versed in nostalgic tunes from the '80s, '90s, and 2000s. With an audio and visually driven show aimed at getting you on your feet, The Freshmakers love making memories by playing songs that everyone loves.

The Freshmakers play a wicked number for many types of events, but they also offer other professional services. They offer emcee services, DJ services to keep the party going after the band is done playing, a photobooth so that you can capture fun memories, and jazz themed cocktail hours. Lots of their services are a la carte, so you can design a custom package to fit your needs. Other services offered include:

• Cocktail hour and reception music
  • Lighting

Richard
Richard

Married on 07/13/2019

Book'em!!!

Where do I begin? And before I do, you should already be booking this band! Go ahead, I'll wait. While (frustratingly) trying to communicate with various bands, my then fiancee and I came across The ... Read more The Freshmakers on Wedding Wire. Ironically, the band happened to be performing a gig several hours away from us the next evening. After reaching out to the band leader, Eric, to see if our date was even a possibility, my fiancee and I agreed to make the trek to see them and say a quick hello in between sets the following night. The rainy, two and a half hour drive was more than well worth it! From the time we walked in the venue until the time we met with Eric in between sets and beyond, we didn't stop dancing. Not only did we not stop dancing, neither did anyone else, no matter the ethnicity or music tastes. Speaking with Eric in between sets was like chatting with an old friend. We talked about a little bit of everything, the main topic being how to play to a crowd that included Jewish and African American families, East Coasters, West Coasters, baby boomers, and a ton of people mostly in their 30's and 40's. Not that the band's current set led us to believe it wasn't possible, Eric still broke down how a typical wedding day might work out hour by hour, from arrival and ceremony to cocktail hour through dinner and the reception. It was a good first discussion, and we continued to dance once that band resumed playing (in their colorful punk rock outfits...but don't let that fool you!). The Freshmakers consists of a five piece band. The same guys we saw at the venue when we first scouted them were the same guys that showed up at our wedding; no stand-ins or surprises. After all, you don't want to be surprised on your wedding day! They play just about every instrument imaginable, and although there are no female vocals, don't be fooled. Seriously, trust me on this one. Aiden, the lead vocalist hits all the notes from Beyonce to Chris Stapleton. All the guys take turns leading their individual specialties. These guys just gel well. So how about our wedding day? First, our wedding was for 125 people in Sonoma County (Ru's Farm) at a venue that had several indoor / outdoor areas for the band to navigate. They seamlessly pivoted from our ceremony area, to the cocktail / dinner area, and finally inside a rustic barn. We used them as both our MC and band. They also mic'd us up for the ceremony and coordinated with everyone that was designated to give a speech / toast. Absolutely seamless. Although my fiancee and I were late as all heck (week before!) getting the band the songs we wanted played during our wedding, Eric took everything in stride and advised us along the way. He actually helped calm my fiancee's nerves about this particular item we'd simply been procrastinating on. Thanks Eric! We all visited our venue a month beforehand and the advice remained the same. These guys aren't newbies, but at the same time, they're not grumpy guys who are simply over what they do because they've done it before. I think they had more fun than us! Okay, so again, the wedding! The Freshmakers absolutely killed it!! My great aunt who walks with two canes was on the dance floor, along with friends and family mostly in their 30's, 40's and 50's. We rocked out to every genre imaginable - Bruno Mars, Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake, Aerosmith, Kanye, Maroon 5, Bon Jovi...you name it! The only reason we didn't dance to the Hava Nagila (Jewish traditional song) was due to a medical emergency that set things back a bit. Our MC really shined here because while navigating such an emergency, we still had to figure out how to get the party back on track once things were cleared. And, we did! Thanks Aiden!! Throughout the night, everyone was loving the music! Even a week later, people are still buzzing about our entertainment. And seriously, aside from the band's stellar performance, these guys are simply a pleasure to work with. They are beyond professional. The wedding focus was on my wife and I, but these guys still made their presence known in a give-and-take subtle manner. Compared to other bands we previously (tried) to talk to, these guys were not only reasonably priced, but responsive to all of our inquiries within 24-hours (not even!). If you're honestly still contemplating calling or working with this band, then you're missing out. That's not a sales pitch...this is real talk! My wife and I would make the exact same booking today if we had to do it all over again, which we don't intend to! To The Freshmakers, thank you!!! To those of you looking to have a wedding to remember, do yourself a favor and go with these guys. You won't regret it.

gabe
gabe

Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing band!

Can we give them 10 stars? Seriously, hands down, best part of the wedding outside of the "I Do's"! Our guests raved about The Freshmakers for days afterwards, and we even had 2 guests who were ... Read more interested in hiring them for their own weddings! From the beginning Eric was super responsive and professional to work with. He was upfront with all the options and associated costs, and helped us pick and choose to stay within our budget and create an amazing experience. Once he heard that we had a sports-themed wedding party entrance planned, he even had the guys set up smoke machines for it! They also learned several songs for us - nailing piano and guitar acoustic versions of the processional and recessional songs as well as several songs during the reception - even bohemian rhapsody! It was really important to us to keep everything as much on schedule as possible to maximize band/party time, and Aidan did a knock out job as MC letting our guests know what's going on and sticking to our script and schedule. We would LOVE the opportunity to hire The Freshmakers again, but for now, we'll have to wait for our friends' weddings!

C
Carmen

Married on 12/06/2018

They're the best!

I've worked with a lot of bands in weddings and different events in the past. No other band is like The Freshmakers. They're fun, easy-going, quick to catch on the vibes and they just know what ... Read more elements to add on the show to make it fun! I recently had the pleasure to work with them on an event and they were the highlights of the night. Every guests loved their energy, the song choice and they made the event so much different! We all had a great night of music and dance. I'd definitely love to have them again for my next event!