The Gates On Main St.

La Porte, Texas · View map · Visit website

About The Gates On Main St.

The Gates on Main Street. is a stunning banquet hall that combines the elegance of the Tuscan countryside and historic elements of its surrounding community. Located in the Historic District of La Porte, Texas, this event space is perfect for all couples. Whether you are searching to host an intimate gathering or a grand celebration of romance, the professionals at The Gates on Main Street will work with you to transform their space into the wedding of your dreams.

Facilities and Capacity
The rustic ballroom at The Gates on Main Street can accommodate a party as large as 250. Boasting beautiful tile floors and an exquisite chandelier, this creative space offers boundless opportunity for decoration and personalization. Whatever your tastes, The Gates on Main Street will be there every step of the way to make your dream wedding day a reality. You can count on their esteemed staff to host a beautiful ceremony and, while your guests make their way to the bar for delicious beverages and hor d’oeuvres, meticulously flip the space for a glamorous reception. Everything you need will be at your fingertips and every memory you make will last a lifetime.

Let the team at The Gates on Main Street help you make the most of your experience at their venue. They are dedicated to making sure every last detail is taken care of and you are provided with the best service. In addition to a professional event coordinator and experienced wait staff, you will be provided with the following services and amenities:

• Bride and groom suites
  • Set up and clean up
  • Event rentals (chairs, tables, decor, etc.)
  • Lighting and sound
  • Parking

34 Reviews for The Gates On Main St.

34 The Gates On Main St. Reviews

N
Featured
Naomi Crow

Married on 06/08/2019

My wedding day was perfect!

My husband and I were married here on 6/8/19! Lettie was so professional and such a joy to work with. She made sure my day went smoothly and perfectly. We had some unexpected changes a couple days ... Read more before and she adapted quickly and made it happen. My wedding day was perfect from the moment we got to the bridal suite for hair and makeup all the way to our sparkler exit. All our guests commented on how beautiful our wedding was, so that meant a lot. I realized the next day that I had left my bouquet there with a very special charm on it. I called her in a panic and she assured me that she had found it and put it in the refrigerator for safe keeping. I was so happy I cried. This is just one more testament of her character, professionalism and caring demeanor. I would do it all over again if I could. I highly recommend Lettie and her venue for any of your events! Sincerely, Naomi Crow

Christopher
Christopher Kimball

Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful Venue!

We got married here on 7/20/19. This venue is GREAT! The owner (Lettie) is super patient and nice. When we originally found this venue on wedding wire, I was happy to see that there was even a venue ... Read more in my hometown. After looking up pictures and asking for prices, I was impressed with the value. The prices are lower than the crazy big venues you'll find in Houston, but not cheap. There are several options so we picked the best one for our budget (kinda somewhere on the lower end). She has good connections with nearby vendors, so you get the ultimate decision of how much work you want to do in the planning process ranging from 'please take care of everything just let me pick stuff' to 'please let me rent the building, I can plan everything' --Amy Santiago style. Lettie worked very hard to make sure everything went smoothly. From meeting initially several months prior, to a few months before, and a week or two prior, Lettie was professional and prompt with all communication (answering the phone, returning calls/emails, etc). We had a wonderful reception! It's only been a few weeks, but I'm still receiving comments from friends about how nice the venue is or how much fun everyone had at the reception. If you are looking for a beautiful venue that fits about 200 people, I highly recommend The Gates on Main St.

S
Samantha Jacobs

Married on 07/13/2019

The Perfect Wedding Reception

Our daughter recently had her wedding reception at The Gates on Main Street. Lettie the manager, designer and event coordinator could not have been more wonderful. She and her team saw to every detail ... Read more detail and it made for the perfect reception from start to finish. Lettie has an amazing team of helpers and they were the nicest people to work with…. very accommodating. Everything she said she was going to do... she did. All costs were upfront. Never had to worry about hidden charges or being nickel and dimed to death. We originally started talking to the Silver Sycamore in Pasadena and they were horrible to work with and over the top expensive for what they were offering. We got so much more at The Gates on Main Street plus an absolute fantastic working relationship that was so simple and smooth from the first initial visit. We even had a last minute “emergency” when 30 guests rsvp’d at the last minute and Lettie worked her magic and took care of the extra tables and food with absolutely no problem. The evening of the reception everyone commented on how beautiful everything looked from the decorations to the table settings. We would highly recommend The Gates on Main Street to any bride looking to plan her special day reception.