The Gingerbread Meeting House

Shelby, NC · View map · Visit website

About The Gingerbread Meeting House

The Gingerbread Meeting House is a wedding venue located in Shelby, North Carolina. Boasting rustic charm, a grand wooden pergola, and scenic views, this beautiful venue provides a one-of-a-kind backdrop for your special day. Their professional staff will handle every detail, from catering to decor, to provide you with a seamless experience and bring your vision to life for your wedding day!

Facilities and Capacity
The Gingerbread Meeting House offers both indoor and outdoor venue options for an unforgettable ceremony and reception. They have two indoor rooms as well as a stunning 4,800-square-foot wooden pergola for a covered outdoor space. The venue can accommodate up to 500 guests.

The Gingerbread Meeting House offers many services as well as many items to complete the atmosphere you have always dreamed of, such as tables and chairs, decor, tents and tent accessories, lighting, chair covers, dance floor, altars and arches, photo booth, aisle markers and runners, audio equipment, furniture, and drapery. The venue has ample parking available for your guests, is wheelchair accessible, and provides shuttle and valet services. They are available to host ceremonies, receptions, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners. The wedding-related services they provide for your special day include:

• Tables, Chairs and Linens are included
  • All-inclusive packages
  • Cake and cake cutting
  • Catering and bar services
  • Complementary event planner and director
  • Complementary items needed for ceremony and reception (centerpiece options, toasting flutes, cake server set, chalkboards, wedding signs, flower firls baskets/boxes, ring bearer pilllows/boxes, card boxes/cages, yard games, etc...)
  • Event rentals provided
  • Pet friendly
  • Complementary Setup and cleanup
  • WiFi

Cuisine
The Gingerbread Meeting House provides the convenience of in-house catering for your big day as well as supplying all needed barware, china, flatware, glassware, and linens. They offer a wide variety of mouthwatering menu selections, from a themed buffet to hors d’ oeuvres and carving stations. The wedding catering styles and services they provide include:

• Buffet
  • Plated
  • Server(s)
  • Stations

Wedding Bar
The Gingerbread Meeting House also provides many in-house bar services for your special day. The wedding bar services they offer include:

• Bartender(s)

T
Featured
Tonya

Married on 09/15/2018

Ginger and her team did a phenomenal job. They left no detail out. They were there for every step of the wedding and reception and made sure it went as planned. The DJ did a great job of getting ... Read more people involved and Earnest, the officiant, was personable and friendly and made our ceremony exactly what we wanted. I would recommend their venue to everyone!!!

Katlyn
Katlyn Hemmelgarn

Getting married on 08/04/2020

They have everything you need!

My husband and I had a short engagement and I knew we needed to find a venue that did more than just provide a place to get married. Ginger and her staff have nearly everything you need. They do the ... Read more catering (excellent quality food!), they have all all the decorations, and everything else you need they provide quality recommendations for in a wedding planner. Also, a HUGE benefit they offer is a discounted honeymoon to an all inclusive resort in Mexico. Our wedding exceeded our expectations and our honeymoon even more so. Everything on our wedding day was absolutely perfect!

S
Savannah

Married on 06/01/2019

Dream Come True Wedding at The Gingerbread Meeting House!

Oh wow. I don’t even know where to begin. In first meeting Ginger when viewing her venue, her passion and excitement shown through and you can easily see how much she truly cares about helping brides ... Read more and making the most magical and unforgettable experience of their life. She provided a notebook planner that had all these amazing ideas, tips, planning sheets, vendor recommendations, etc. and I think I slept with that thing for 9 months, it didn’t leave my side! 😂 She has so much to offer! When you say one stop shop, this is it!! I couldn’t think of anywhere else that would have included half of what she does!! And to top all that off, the venue is simply gorgeous! With an outdoor covered area and indoor use as well, it was everything we could have ever wanted!! In the planning process over the months leading up, Ginger responded to everyone of my many emails over questions, details, etc.! At the rehearsal, we met our coordinator Andrea. She was so sweet and so amazing to work with on my day of! She kept everything in check and was so nice and amazing at answering and guiding me with anything I was unsure of. The day of, Ginger, Andrea, and staff worked effortlessly transforming their location into my custom vision! They worked tirelessly around me and what they designed simply took my breath away from the ceremony arrangement, to the reception decor, to everything!!! Which leads me to the food. Can we talk about the FOOD?!? If they owned a restaurant I would probably go there every day! 😂 It seriously was the best bbq chicken, baked macaroni, green beans, rolls, etc. and I’m NOT just saying that because it was my wedding. It was GOOD y’all! I made sure and had time to eat my entire plate I wasn’t letting anyone stop me! And that brings me to even the table decor with the linens and flatware, everything was presented so classically and timelessly it just took our breath away. I couldn’t have asked for a better venue, better experience, or better team to work with. They were incredible and I can never thank them enough for the best day of our lives!